• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Should I sell this even though I might regret it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I sell this even though I might regret it?

Dolphin324

Little Mermaid Lover
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm not sure if I want to. Have you ever sold something and then wished you hadn't? This snowglobe is very hard to find also, but I could get a lot of money for it to spend on pins (hehe). So any advice?

Last edited:
If you really love the snowglobe and it's difficult to find again I would advise against selling it, you will regret it. Try to sell off stuff you don't really want and is taking up space first and then work your way up to the better stuff. You won't make that much money that fast but at least you won't have to part with your treasures.

I agree with above poster, if like you say it is quite rare and you are already not sure about selling then you'll most likely regret.. do not sell!! :)

Oh haha. I have been looking for that! I want it and have seen that it is quite pricey. I would keep it if you have any guilt parting with it. ;)

Sebastian's conductor stick thingy broke off and I can't find it to glue it back :( Any ideas what I could glue there instead, or should I leave it alone?

Is a tooth pick the same width? You could paint it the same color and stick it there.
But personally, if that snowglobe was mine and I sold it, I'd regret it. Like said above, it's a treasure.

click

WOW thats beautiful...I think I would keep it

I literally gasped. DON NOT SELL IT!!! I dont know how old you are though. If your older and retiring and downsizing i get selling stuff (we get to the less stuff faze as we get older-most of us) If you are younger and dont even have your first home or kids i predict you kicking yourself. You'll be thinking "oh it would have looked perfect here or my daughter would have died to have it" thats the imput from the peanut galory.

Thanks everyone :)
Any ideas about Sebastian's conduct baton that broke off?
It is bugging me that it broke and I am considering getting another because of it, but they are really espensive and don't really have the money anyway.
I will try the toothpick (thanks!) but not sure that will work.

Last edited:
I would get something called Apoxie Sculpt or another two-part epoxy clay. The stuff is malleable like polymer clay, but will air-cure to a hard surface not unlike so many resin cast collectibles. Then you can carefully paint it with model train/car paint. I use it at my job to make models of small animals, insects, and also to do spot repairs such as sculpting a broken tine on a set of deer antlers.

I would get something called Apoxie Sculpt or another two-part epoxy clay. The stuff is malleable like polymer clay, but will air-cure to a hard surface not unlike so many resin cast collectibles. Then you can carefully paint it with model train/car paint. I use it at my job to make models of small animals, insects, and also to do spot repairs such as sculpting a broken tine on a set of deer antlers.

I second this.

Would I need the part that broke off for this? Because I can't find it anywhere.

Ooh, where do you work? This sounds like fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back