• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Signature Sizes: Is it time to make an announcement?

Signature Sizes: Is it time to make an announcement?
Mwahahah! I got it! :D I made it myself with Photoshop! :D

Here is a link that walks you through it! It's so simple! :D

http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/build-animated-gifs-in-photoshop/

If you don't have photoshop, you are welcome to message me and I can do it for you. You'll have to email me the files. However, I cannot host the file with my photobucket. I have limited space. So, have your own image uploader (photobucket, imagesack, etc). :3 But I'll be happy make it animated for you.

Also, those for whom I have made banners, please contact me and I will resize, update, and animate your banners no problem. :) I'm quite busy with school, but I'll get it done this week as quickly as I can. Thanks!

~Merlin

Grim, feel free to post that link on your main thread too! That way people can easily find the instructions to turn images into gifs. :)

~Merlin

I figured out how to animate it as also! I am using a different Photoshop though so the instructions were different, but thank you for the link!!!

I re-sized my image via photbucket...put it at 225px and it is super small :sad: I don't know if I did it right. My original signature was 640px × 361px and 87.14 KB. Is the original one ok or do I have keep it as this super small one? Please help lol

I re-sized my image via photbucket...put it at 225px and it is super small :sad: I don't know if I did it right. My original signature was 640px × 361px and 87.14 KB. Is the original one ok or do I have keep it as this super small one? Please help lol
That's REALLY small...are you sure you made the HEIGHT 225px and not the width?

EDIT: Yep. Just checked. Your sig is now 225 x 126

I see I was trying to put it in height on the already changed size and it made it blurry but when I did it on the original it was fine. Its a little better now. Thanks for the help :)

My design skills aren't stellar, but if anyone needs help resizing their current sig and doesn't need a redesign, I would be willing to help :)

Eek, I'm so lost. I tried to change the size of my sig through photobucket but when I did it, the picture got all blurry. I don't have photoshop so I'm not sure how else I can do this. Any ideas?

I think I need some serious help, tried to edit my sig and lost it all together. lol

Since someone else kindly made it for me I now have no idea how to replace it.

I would be sooooooo grateful of some help :anxious:

Thanks for all the help everyone who posted :) I've turned my sig off for this post & will work on making it smaller following the advice here!
:bigthumb:

being completely computer illiterate when it comes to understanding things like pixels and such.... I have no idea if my current siggy is over sized.... If it is, please tell me? lol I can have Doodlebug shrink it a tiny bit to meet standards.

Once you have your sig uploaded right click on the image and then click properties - it will tell you the dimensions - mine is still a little big.

Not any more - correct size!

Last edited:
Interestingly, the system *is* still shrinking and/or compressing the images you upload. I'm not sure why. I don't mind about the size (although it was already under the size limit) but it's making the image a little fuzzier than it originally was. Weird.

My Sig has been Grimmified, had to get rid of the ani-gif as it just kept wrapping to the end, will have to think of something later...

Back