• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Solicitation from Chinese Scrapper Factory - Where to Report??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solicitation from Chinese Scrapper Factory - Where to Report??

MomeRathsOutgrabe

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I received the below message in response to a pin listing I had posted on Ebay.

Dear Sir/Madam,
We are the biggest Disney pin factory in China.

Normal pins price:
$0.33shipping included for 1000pcs
$0.32shipping included for 3000pcs
$0.29shipping included for 5000pcs~10000pcs
$0.28shipping included for 20000pcs

We also can do sets,just offered us the samples,we can offer you a cheapest price in China.

Shipping term:DHL shipment,just take one day.
Payment:paypal

my contact info:sales1 at kingmetalbadge dot com

We are looking forward to your chance.

Bruce

- gracewangcai88

What is interesting is that the company actually sent me the message through Ebay, as if they were asking a question about my listing (which I thought was kind of bold). Does anyone know where I should report this kind of solicitation? I doubt Ebay will do anything, but I'm wondering if I should perhaps alert someone at Disney? Or this just so common now that nobody cares? I'd like to hear your suggestions, if any.

We had a post about this a year or so ago. Does anyone know where their e-mail was forwarded? I believe there is an e-mail address Disney has for things like that

Ya i recall reading something about this before as well. I would say start by reporting the user to eBay, they should do something about it. I do recall there being an email or something for Disney (or a third party that handled counterfeits) to report this information to as well.

I called Ebay and they are going to investigate the member for violating Ebays policy against soliciting to do sales outside of Ebay. But I also wanted to make sure that I reported it to anyone who might be able to look into the counterfeit pin issue. I will try forwarding the message to the disney email posted by Jabberwocky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back