• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Star tours AP pins - THEY LIED!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star tours AP pins - THEY LIED!!!!!!

Geoff

Almost >< A DPF Charter Member
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Jessica and I just came from Star Trader looking to get our annual pass Star Tours pin that was supposed to be released today. Us and 40 other traders were waiting and some had been there since 5 AM. We spent the night ourselves so we could be there early. Apparently it was all a waste of time. We started asking for them and they didnt have them. Somehow they must have screwed up royally; they told us that none of the Star Tours pins would be out until june 2, and that all of them are now wristband only. I told them I wanted to know who I could talk to about getting a refund for my stay last night, since that was the only reason we were there. It was getting pretty close to riotous (you can imagine how furious all 40 of us were) when the Tommorrowland manager came out and said there was nothing that they could do and that we should have seen that the website said "subject to change". So now we are driving home pinless and really pissed off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Any further info would be appreciated if it could be left here along with the requisite rants and complaints.

You know, I honestly think that manager was scared and didn't necessarily know completely what she was saying. Thats why I am hoping for updates as people learn more. I will be back thursday and I will see what is going on, but hopefully someone will find out sooner. Right now as it stands, the minimum will be the AP and a regular opening day that will be wristbanded, but it is entirely possible it will be more if not all.

Where was it posted that it was coming out on May 23rd? I always thought it was being released on June 2 (That is what is listed on Disney Gallery and the Star Wars Website)

Which pins are affected by this? Just the AP or all the new Star Tours pins

Must just be the AP and Opening day pins, all the other pins were released on Friday and are available at Store Command only. This includes the starter lanyard, 3 OE Star Tours pins and a new mystery box set.

Must just be the AP and Opening day pins, all the other pins were released on Friday and are available at Store Command only. This includes the starter lanyard, 3 OE Star Tours pins and a new mystery box set.

Which three are the Open edition ones, and we are talking DLR, right? I ask since WDW has different pins at times

We had two AP pins here as well as DVC and regular releases. All were in plentitude for opening weekend although only a thousand for opening day pin and twelve hundred for most others. So doubt they lasted past first weekend. West coast I thought you guys had a lottery or wristband thingie set up months ago?

OK, I am confused here. Where can you go to see what is coming out for AP, WDI, etc. I know on the DIsney pages you can find LE, and park pins and when they will be released, but I am curious about AP and WDI pins. Not that I can get them, but I would like to know about them. :-(

Can someone help a dummy out?

Vicki

The AP Star Tours merchandise is listed in the Disney Gallery / Art of Disney link on the Official Disney Pin Trading page. It originally said that the DLR Star Tours Opening Day pin was to be released on May 23; it has now been changed to June 2! I have never seen an official WDI pin release notice. I rely on the PinPics, Pin Talk,and Disney Pin Forum sites for WDI pin information as well as eBay. Often, a new pin shows up on eBay first before it appears anywhere else.

FYI - There will also be a D23 Star Tours pin to be released at the D23 Expo in August. The new pin was previewed at the WDW PTN on May 20.

To clarify a few things (I posted from my Tab and just on what I had first heard):

This is indeed going on in DLR.

1. Yes, it is pertaining to the LE 1000 Opening Day pin and the LE 2000 Annual Passholder pin; no others are affected and will be released according to schedule.
2. The LE 1000 opening day pin was already a wristband only pin.
3. The LE 2000 Annual Passholder was NOT a wristband pin.
4. The original http://www.disneypins.com page for the LE 2000 Passholder pin stated that it would be available May 23 in Store Command; everyone there at Store Command including myself had seen this, and I checked from my Tab as soon as I got out of the store; it still said May 23.
5. The current page at disneypins.com - http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=57665 - NOW says it will be available June 2 in Little Green Men. It is not an opening day pin, thus did not need to be released opening day.
6. Disney brass came and confirmed to us in person that we in fact were not hallucinating and that the website originally did state they would be available the 23rd. However, they would not stop going on and on and on with reminding us that the website says "subject to change" and that they could not do anything about it. They said they were in the process of updating the website and the change would be seen soon (Done as of this post).
7. They do not know now if the AP pin will switch to wristband due to popularity. There will be a final decision on May 26. Check the above link, and if no mention is made there about wristbands after the 26th, then none will be needed.
8. Disney can sometimes be really, really retarded.

The AP Star Tours merchandise is listed in the Disney Gallery / Art of Disney link on the Official Disney Pin Trading page. It originally said that the DLR Star Tours Opening Day pin was to be released on May 23; it has now been changed to June 2! I have never seen an official WDI pin release notice. I rely on the PinPics, Pin Talk,and Disney Pin Forum sites for WDI pin information as well as eBay. Often, a new pin shows up on eBay first before it appears anywhere else.

FYI - There will also be a D23 Star Tours pin to be released at the D23 Expo in August. The new pin was previewed at the WDW PTN on May 20.

I am not seeing a link there that shows the OE and AP pins?!? Just the AP Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back