• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Strangers Like Me? Thank you so much!!

ZAPPED! Strangers Like Me? Thank you so much!!

ElysionsPrincess

Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hi everyone!

These past couple of weeks have been like this for me:

tumblr_inline_mollsd14Ag1qz4rgp.gif

Fighting with my mom, horrible job with horrible hours, friends stabbing me in the back, my car breaking down, blah blah blah just one thing after another. It has been getting to me lately, even though I try my best to not let it. Staying positive is something I'm known for doing, but sometimes its so difficult. I am sure we've all been there! I try to look on the bright side of things, and try to do things for others, because it makes me happier in return. But lately my funds have been so short, even this has been hard to do (can't mail anything out, can't buy anything for anyone. Ugh).

So when I saw Keely's auction for the JDS 110th Legacy Rapunzel, and saw that my girl J'aimie was trying to bid, I wanted to help. I had my Merida on Angus pin up for trade for a pin I was going to use to trade for Designer Pocahontas, but I asked Alyssa (the DP Pocahontas possessor), if she minded if I contributed the Merida on Angus for J'aimie instead of our cause. She said okay! So there it went. I wanted to add to everyone's bid, but this was literally the last trader I possessed of any value! D: So I'm sorry to any friends if I hurt your feelings by not adding to your bid. Next time, it will be you! <3

I got home late from work tonight (wow what's new lol midnight shift for life!!). I got the mail, and saw a little LBE! I hadn't received a pin in quite a while now, so it certainly got me intrigued! I saw the return address and I was like, "Wow that looks familiar, did I trade and forget??"

I opened it up and seriously almost cried reading the wonderful note inside:

1016218_572703302779749_523590344_n.jpg

Wow...just wow. Thank you so, so much for such an amazing, heartfelt zap! But thank you even more for the kind-worded letter. It really warmed my heart.

Little known fact about me, Tarzan is actually my favorite Disney film, followed closely by the Princess and the Frog. (but I collect Brave, Gaston, and Pocahontas? Lol!). Tarzan and Jane are my favorite Disney couple. I mean, look at the way he looks at her. So much love in his eyes!!

tumblr_mmv8o90yv61rxui9eo5_500.gif

I actually have a Tarzan and Jane collection. It only had three pins in it, and there are only four pins of them together that I know about. This Disney on Ice one was the last one I was missing in my collection!! Thank you so much for helping me complete it!

1013479_572703402779739_258260994_n.jpg

Thank you so much Keely!! You really brightened my month!

Oh Alex, I just love you so much!! You helped me get a grail but pins and everything aside, you have become someone I admire and love so much. You are so positive and lovely and always a shoulder for me to cry on when I need it. I am so blessed that we crossed paths and I am just DYING for the day when I can give you a giant hug in person. Thank you for what you did for me in the auction -- you put your Pocahontas trade on hold for me which... Is insane... But most of all thank you for being a genuine and loving friend.

AND KEELY!! Thank you for zapping Alex!! So awesome. As it so happened JDS Rapunzel found her way home to me today and she means even more to me knowing that my friends helped her come home. THANK YOU!!

Good people like you truly deserve great things to happen ....Side note - My handwriting is so embarrassing :facepalm:

Big congrats Alex! I don't think I have had the pleasure to trade with you...but hope to. Enjoy your zap! Keely...thank you for your sweet generous heart!(as well) great job sharing the happiness!

Alex, that was so sweet to do for a friend, and pin karma came back and rewarded you! You deserved it! I'm kind of dying over the Tarzan and Jane pins, I can't believe I missed out on the UK one, but I'm trying my best not to start another collection, I think I really want to collect them because people constantly compare my boyfriend and I to Tarzan and Jane. He's 6'4 and loves the outdoors and climbing trees, in fact one of our friends nicknamed him 'Tarzan', me on the other hand 5'2 and really into her books and learning new things; so now I'll have to keep my eye out for these in the future.

Back