• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN ID Taiwan Disney Pin - Help!

PIN ID Taiwan Disney Pin - Help!

justafish

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Some friend gave me a couple of pins from Disney that she got when she was a child, but she couldn't remember how she get those and when. I tried to find some information online but I didn't find anything like these or any kind of information. For what I read on the package, with the help of Google translator, they are a special edition from the 60th anniversary from Disney of Taiwan. Do you guys know anything about this? Do you have any kind of clue what year are these or something?

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-17 at 23.20.43.jpeg (286.19KiB)

Thank you very much!

Most Disney pins are made in China now, but in the 80s and 90's most pins were made in Taiwan. In November 1988 Mickey Mouse turned 60 and the company made a big deal of it. There was a TV special, a bunch of merchandise, you got a free pin if you bought Kodak film. So I would guess this coincided with that. "In the packaging" is a really cool find.

Last edited:
Most Disney pins are made in China now, but in the 80s and 90's most pins were made in Taiwan. In November 1988 Mickey Mouse turned 60 and the company made a big deal of it. There was a TV special, a bunch of merchandise, you got a free pin if you bought Kodak film. So I would guess this coincided with that. "In the packaging" is a really cool find.
Really? Uau, that's really cool! I had no idea. Do you have any idea what is the value of these pins? Thanks! :)

Really? Uau, that's really cool! I had no idea. Do you have any idea what is the value of these pins? Thanks! :)
Unfortunately, value would not be high. The method in which pins were made back then collectors now consider to be "cheap" and when people do find them in the wild, end up thinking they're fake since that is a huge problem with newer pins. Also, not a lot of Donald collectors or Fab 5 in general. So the number of people who would be interested is pretty small, and so they know they could hold out for a cheap price, so probably people would only pay $5-$10, the right collector, who had never seen one in original packaging may pay a bit more. Coolness in one person's eyes does not always equal value in another.

Back