• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Thanks to WDWJuan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to WDWJuan!

lemec

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I wanted to send a very big thanks to WDWJuan who was gracious enoughto let me tag along with him to WDI and Company D this past Friday. He waited patiently when I was 1/2 hour late due to a tumble weed traffic jam, lol. The trip to WDI was VERY cool and I was able to pick up a very cool Mansion shirt and pins! They even had a Hat for a Hat pin trading board so U was able to pick up one of my Mansion Hats I've been looking for.
PTN was very cool, but almost overwhelming, so many people, so many pins! I picked up some great pins, thanks Nursek8. I think my mind shut down due to the 3 hour time difference, lol. It was great to meet so many of you and see what tremendous pins you all have. Thanks, for a first PTN this will be impossible to beat!

Props out to WDWJuan! What a generous thing to do for someone!

And congrats, Lemec, on getting so many cool items!

You are such a lucky fellow to have a good friend like WDJuan to haul your sorry butt around town:) I'm so glad you had such a good time and got to go to WDI and Company D. Now if you will just come on down to WDW, I'll be your pin buddy and dinner buyer since you are such a nice person. I hope that someday soon I'll get to go to DLR and meet everyone.

Its heartwarming to know that we have such neat people in our group. And Nursek8 is a wonderful person to have watch over you, when your mind blanks out for a few hours. :lol:

HMMM maybe it was nursek8 that did something to make the mind go blank :squint: :rofl: Jk i wouldnt do that, maybe think about it but never actually do that. maybe it was a load of pirate pins i dumped on the table.

Wow! How great of him to do that, must of been amazing. I hope I can go there one day, maybe when I come to California for vacation in summer 2012.

HMMM maybe it was nursek8 that did something to make the mind go blank :squint: :rofl: Jk i wouldnt do that, maybe think about it but never actually do that. maybe it was a load of pirate pins i dumped on the table.

Don't feel bad Lemec - Katie loves dropping mouse-tears-bombs on the unsuspecting. :lol: Seriously, may we all grow to be the same quality of pin ambassadors as Nursek8 and WDWJuan. :hug:

Lol, I think Nursek8 was equally pleased to get that Donald in Military garb, lol. But yes it was nice to get all those pins!

I want to go to DLR so bad I can just scream. Saving my pennies to see if I can come in the late summer. What is the best month to go? I don't want it to be so hot I can't breathe (like WDW in August), but I don't want to freeze either (like WDW in December). And I want to meet everyone in CA who is on the Boards (LOL) if I have enough time.

May and October were my favorite times. Although the winter months are nice, it was 81 there this weekend. Summer can get too crowded. It more noticeable since the parks are smaller. With DCA all ripped up, it'd be better to wait until Cars land is done IMO...

I'm a bit bummed, after going through all my stuff it looms like 4 of my WDI pin grew legs this weekend. I always hate losing pins, particularly ones you just got. Fortunately I bought two of each, one set as traders and those are fine so no major deal, just a bit bummed. Spent the night rackin my brain trying to figure out where I misplaced them. No luck.

I want to go to DLR so bad I can just scream. Saving my pennies to see if I can come in the late summer. What is the best month to go? I don't want it to be so hot I can't breathe (like WDW in August), but I don't want to freeze either (like WDW in December). And I want to meet everyone in CA who is on the Boards (LOL) if I have enough time.

We went end of October and worn shorts and t-shirts most of the time.

With so much to do, I would recommend when you go, schedule one day for the group to meet at a central location. Much less stressful for you. :)

wow thats really awesome! im glad you have a great friend to take you to WDI and show you around. congrats on the great finds too!!

I'm a bit bummed, after going through all my stuff it looms like 4 of my WDI pin grew legs this weekend. I always hate losing pins, particularly ones you just got. Fortunately I bought two of each, one set as traders and those are fine so no major deal, just a bit bummed. Spent the night rackin my brain trying to figure out where I misplaced them. No luck.
I am so sorry to hear that! i have had that happen before! which ones grew legs and walked away?

The new ones from WDI of all the luck, lol. But the day and PTN was too much fun to let it be ruined by a couple of missing pins. Like I said they were doubles I bought for traders, so it wasn't the end of the world. It's just one of those things that keeps swimming in my head, where could they have possibly gone or at what point did they grow legs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back