• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Trading Jumbos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading Jumbos?

lunarbasket

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
I've been debating placing my Aurora jumbo spinner up for trade but I was curious: how do you guys trade for jumbos?

Do you accept a jumbo for a jumbo? A few regular pins for a jumbo? I know at the end of the day it's a case by case situation, but before I start sending out trade requests I just wanted to get an opinion :)

Thanks! :chip:

would like to know this too! i have two jumbos i'd like to trade..but don't really want any other jumbos.

i've always wondered the same thing. I've seen people at parks trade a few pins for a jumbo, or like for like, so I'm sure there are plenty of ways to do it, but good to know people's thoughts on it.

Glad i'm not the only one wondering!

On another note, I would assume you take into account the trades/wants ratio as well? This is where i'm the most confused - does a jumbo LE hold the same value as a regular LE if they're both of the same number (i.e. both LE 750, 1000, etc)?

I know everyone does it differently but I try to look at recent sold prices more than anything... it is a value you can both see and I feel it makes it most fair for a trade.

If you were able to get a regular sized pin that was hard to find and usually sold for around the price of your jumbo then it would be worth the trade in that respect even though looking at them yours seems like it should be worth so much more...but as always you can only make a trade you are comfortable with. You can always ask for a little something else to be tossed in if you shipping is going to run really high though. :) I love big pins but I found myself in the position a few days ago of finding a "grail" pin on ebay at the same time as I found another most wanted jumbo pin (same price for either one)... I bought the small one as I know it was more worth that price than the jumbo but looking at the two of them I really almost regretted not getting the bigger most awesome pin. At the same time I had wanted this other pin for a long time and it was the first time I had seen it for auction in quite some time so I could not resist but boy it is so small compared to the other one...lol

I don't remember who I traded but I got an Aladdin jumbo for 2 dlrp princess pins. My first jumbo, very exciting!

I know everyone does it differently but I try to look at recent sold prices more than anything... it is a value you can both see and I feel it makes it most fair for a trade.

If you were able to get a regular sized pin that was hard to find and usually sold for around the price of your jumbo then it would be worth the trade in that respect even though looking at them yours seems like it should be worth so much more...but as always you can only make a trade you are comfortable with. You can always ask for a little something else to be tossed in if you shipping is going to run really high though. :) I love big pins but I found myself in the position a few days ago of finding a "grail" pin on ebay at the same time as I found another most wanted jumbo pin (same price for either one)... I bought the small one as I know it was more worth that price than the jumbo but looking at the two of them I really almost regretted not getting the bigger most awesome pin. At the same time I had wanted this other pin for a long time and it was the first time I had seen it for auction in quite some time so I could not resist but boy it is so small compared to the other one...lol

You hit the nail on the head and I didn't even know it until you posted this :lol:

I feel like the jumbos should be worth more than other pins (if going by original retail price, they are) but it's all relative to how much the pin you're wanting for it is going for. I guess i'm worried about being underwhelmed if i'm trading a jumbo (which are awesome by the way!) for regular pins.

I recently traded a jumbo that wasn't hard to find for four regular rack pins. I REALLY didn't want the jumbo (I had gotten it in a collection I bought) and was happy to get ANYTHING versus that particular jumbo. We both felt it was a very fair trade :)

I don't remember who I traded but I got an Aladdin jumbo for 2 dlrp princess pins. My first jumbo, very exciting!

That was meeee! LOL

To me there few different "types" of Jumbos.
A) There are oversized pins that are generally larger than the average pin, but still come on a DS.com like card.
B) Actual jumbo where it comes in a box, and it makes it all super siffy.
C) Super Jumbos, which are fabulous but frightening. 6INCHESPEOPLETHATSABIGPIN.

Now, onto how I trade my jumbos.
For the A category I generally consider it a regular pin. If it is an LE of 500and up I will generally just ask for two OE pins that are a little harder to get or have special features (ie dangles, rhinestones, spinner etc), or a high LE (1,000 and up) and an OE. Pretty much treating the jumbo as a "regular" pin.
Boxed jumbos are a little harder for me because they generally cost $35 and up. So, I expect to either get another boxed jumbo, two high LE pins, or one hard to find pin. But once again it depends on the values of the pins.
Super Jumbos, I trade just like boxed jumbos.

Those are the wise words of Tanya. LOL

I typically go by market value and then compensate sligntly given that the jumbo will cost more to ship.

Glad i'm not the only one wondering!

On another note, I would assume you take into account the trades/wants ratio as well? This is where i'm the most confused - does a jumbo LE hold the same value as a regular LE if they're both of the same number (i.e. both LE 750, 1000, etc)?

And to add to Tanya's point to there being different jumbos.....I've noticed that some hold value better than others. The jumbos that are really just oversized regular pins seem to do pretty well. They are nice and large, but not too large. The typical jumbos, ones that might come in their own box (like the featured artist ones) I find don't do as well. They are big and bulky, so people usually only get a few before they see how much room they take up and then back away a little. Plus, they are usually higher in LE so not as much in demand. And then you've got the big honkin' Super Jumbos.....those all depend on the pin. Some, like the Pin Traders Dream Scoop, routinely go for over $100....but then there are others that really didn't take off so their value isn't all that impressive and therefore might be difficult to trade because the person that has it might not want to give up a huge pin for just a little one even if they are equivalent in value and the person trading for it might not want to give more because they know the market price isn't that high. Jumbos can be difficult to trade for that reason.

Last edited:
That was meeee! LOL

To me there few different "types" of Jumbos.
A) There are oversized pins that are generally larger than the average pin, but still come on a DS.com like card.
B) Actual jumbo where it comes in a box, and it makes it all super siffy.
C) Super Jumbos, which are fabulous but frightening. 6INCHESPEOPLETHATSABIGPIN.

Now, onto how I trade my jumbos.
For the A category I generally consider it a regular pin. If it is an LE of 500and up I will generally just ask for two OE pins that are a little harder to get or have special features (ie dangles, rhinestones, spinner etc), or a high LE (1,000 and up) and an OE. Pretty much treating the jumbo as a "regular" pin.
Boxed jumbos are a little harder for me because they generally cost $35 and up. So, I expect to either get another boxed jumbo, two high LE pins, or one hard to find pin. But once again it depends on the values of the pins.
Super Jumbos, I trade just like boxed jumbos.

Those are the wise words of Tanya. LOL

:lol:

I love the boxed jumbos! Thanks this helped a lot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back