• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

TREASURE IN THE ATICK !!!!!!...with a litle story, why not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TREASURE IN THE ATICK !!!!!!...with a litle story, why not ?

bibitte2

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

My Dad recently asked me to help unload some of is stuff cause he is mooving. He as a pretty decent house with an attick that none of us goes in since the late 70's. He decided to moove to a smaller place and sold much of is stuff. The only thing to empty last week was the attick so he proposed to me to empty it and keep what was in it if I wnted some of the items and sell the rest.

When I pushed the trapp up, I could not believe the amount of items in there, it was totally full and stacked to the roof. I have to say I was amazed by wath I found.

Old furniture, vintage posters, a box with Lalique (4) wrapped in cloth, a large coin and bank note collection.

On one side was some boxes (45) stacked so I picked one up and decided to go thrue it a bit.....................OMG...........some documentation from the early 1800's up to the early 1900's ( old prints, old ads, old Stock and Shares(500 of them or more)...................

I then talk to my Dad about the amazing things in there and he said to me that my Grand-father was quite a collector and he stop doing so in the late 1970's. But my that said that he got what he wanted from is Dad and he wish for me to get some nice treasures and memories.

At first I sorted one boxe, and two more by theme, its been a week and I am not finished sorting it out.

I found some Disney memorabilia in one large package......The first item being a Disneyland souvenir book that is from 1955, if i am not mistaken, this is the opening year of the park. The book is in its original packaging in mint condition.....

Allan

Congrats! Do not throw any of the historical documents away. You can give them to an archive if you don't want them. Archives can always find something to do with the documents. Some historian will want to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back