• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Tron: Deception- A New Grid

Tron: Deception- A New Grid
Super awesome, Kenzo, the Programs here, if they know anything, aren't telling me. They're super hush hush about all this, man. Thanks Jill, I wonder what's going on to prevent them from talking to one another. Alan had better get himself here.

As for things here on the White Grid, there seems to be a bit of a flurry of activity suddenly, and the calm glow of the city is brighter, almost pulsing. I can tell something is going on, just not what. I've got a lead on someone who has information on the "Corrupter", so I am going to pursue that for the time being.

You all stay safe, too!

Kevin

Just a morning check in to let you know everything's still peachykeen here. Meeting with the Program who knows about the "Corrupter" in a few millicycles here. I'll keep you all informed.

Kevin

Mr. Flynn! I know you don't know me, but I thought I would try to lend a hand.

I've successfully contacted Jet Bradley and relayed to both him and his father to meet up with Sam at the arcade so that Alan can digitize and come help you. I will pass along word from them when they're all together (if they contact me, that is) and let you know Alan's ETA. It took a little convincing Jet that I wasn't some random girl that his dad was trying to get him to go on a date with! O___o He even asked if I was cute! Apparently "girls sending emails" to people in the Flynn and Bradley families is scandalous!

Please be safe!

~Constance

All right, excellent, thank you Constance for taking the time to help and coordinate, man. Hope they get to the arcade soon! Your avatar makes you look like a Program, are you a Program on the outside, man?

No, I'm not a Program, Mr. Flynn, I just have a husband with a knack for photo shop and a great sense of humor. Jet says he can't access DPF so is on his way to the Arcade to meet up with Sam and Alan now.

Glad you joined the cause, Constance!

I heard back from both Sam and Alan.

Sam says he's waiting on Alan and that it does sound like either you got the wrong computer, or that someone intentionally sabotaged it.

He understands the urgency, but doesn't want to crack the case until Alan shows.

He finally got an email to Jet, it looks like, so hopefully they are on their way to meet up with Sam.

Also, from the message I got from Alan, he understands the seriousness of your situation, also. He is going to take a look over at Flynn's when he can, though he's still not too sure about going into the Grid just yet... as much as he want to.

He said that he will have someone contact his son.. that was Constance.

All for now..

Met with the Memory Keeper, man, I have to say I am pretty worried now. It seems his records list User E.Dillinger as being the "Corrupter". You guys might not know this, but Ed Dillinger is the jerk that stole my video games and took credit for them, making Encom a ton of money. He eventually went to jail for it and I got my credit, but these logins alarm me- they were made long after Dillinger went to jail- he wouldn't have access to a computer in jail, based on his charges. He's banned from using a computer forever. The Memory Keeper says that the User E. Dillinger has been on Grid since I got here, and is uneasy and angry. He's got good reason to be, I will do anything to stop him from causing this beautiful world to fall.

What could it mean? Is someone using his User login? Impersonating him and spreading malicious code in his name? Or maybe acting on his orders? Just WHAT computer did I get my hands on, and have I stopped something astoundingly terrible from being unleashed both here and in our world?

I don't have any tasks for anyone right now, if you want to shoot someone an email to see if they've all gotten to the arcade yet that would be spiff. I get to have dinner with the Cache leaders tonight and I'll be making them well aware of my findings. Ed Dillinger must be stopped at all cause.

okay Kevin, I contacted Sam and Alan earlier with the information you posted above. Sam actually met with Alan and Jet. They can't figure out why they couldn't communicate with one another, but they think that their electronics have been tampered with.

I had asked Sam to check whether Dillinger is still in jail. He made some phone calls and found out that yes, Dillinger is still in jail. He also found out that the only visitor he has had lately is his kid, Edward Dillinger Jr. Sam is thinking about going to Encom soon with Jet to do some hacking and see if E.Dillinger is Junior's login and any other information they can find about possible access from Junior's computer(s). Sam says that Junior is an absolute jerk and doesn't put corruption past him. And unlike his dad, Sam knows that Junior is capable of coding very well and that if anyone could muck things up, it'd be him.

Sam wants me to tell you that he's on it, and that they are going to send Alan in tomorrow morning, after he wakes up XD.

All for now. Keep us updated on your status and what's happening on the Grid.

Last edited:
I suspected Dillinger Jr from the time you mentioned a corruptor I'll see if there is anything I can do but I know it won't be much now that Alan is going into the grid

Oh man, I didn't even think about Junior having all those login access codes and all that stuff. The plot thickens, man. Dinner tonight was tense! Not a lot of talk about anything, everyone seems nervous and tight-lipped.

Things are cool for now. Can't wait to see Alan tomorrow! Tell them all to be safe.

So not cool, guys. My dad was supposed to get digitized using the laser at Flynn's, but there was a misfire with the laser and I got hit instead. I'm not in the same place where Kevin is right now, but I'm going to try to get to where he is. I think I should be able to find the city if I just go towards the really tall tower, right?

Ugh, and this isn't the first time this has happened to me either. But I don't have Ma3a or Mercury here to help me out this time.

'Course it was. Why, do I have some differently colored clones running around or something? I had a bad dream like that once.

Ok so this didn't go perfect, but as long as you can make it here, man, we can do this together. I think I've got a line on the E. Dillinger login, if we can get the IP to Sam or Alan, they can trace it and see if where they access is coming from- provided that they're not spoofing it.

As soon as Jet gets here I want to head up to the place they call the "Broken Gate" with him and see if there's any way of severing the I/O tower that the Programs say is there. Please check in with Sam and Alan, if you guys can, and I will keep you posted. Once Jet gets to Cache I will have him post that he's here safe and give you guys a more detailed plan.

Thanks so much, Kenzo. Jet made it safe into the Cache and I am currently waiting for him to wake up- apparently the transfer to the Grid was super hard on him, and all that walking to get to the Cache just took his last bit of energy. We are holding tight and awaiting further permission from the Luminary to continue our research about the Corrupter- if she says no, we're gonna have one heck of a time getting to the bottom of things, man!

I wanna emphasize how much I appreciate this, and I can't tell you how much I have a feeling that you guys are suddenly caught up in something that is going to grow beyond our wildest imaginations.

Hold tight, Users. We're in for a ride.

Kevin

Met again with the Luminary today, since Jet arrived I haven't had any time to think, let alone respond. Ada says that she has seen the Corrupter before, and he is always masked in some way, but definitely male. Sometimes he travels with a smaller, female companion, and Ada says she thinks the smaller girl is the actual source of the corruption, rather than him, though she can't prove it, and as we had this conversation, there was an explosion towards the outskirts of the city.

Cache is dim, nearly dark tonight because of it. Jet went to investigate, and I expect him back soon. I've stayed here and helped fix injured Programs, fortunately nothing too serious.

I also have received word that Alan got his letters out to some of you! This is excellent. With your permission, I may have Alan send some top secret information to you all, tasks that you might be able to help with. Send me a PM it's cool.

Until then, stay safe, Users.

Last edited:
Kevin - has Jet made it back yet? What type of injuries did the Programs have? I know that they were not too serious, but wonder if this is just a precursor for what is to come. Stay safe.

I will contact Alan and ask for further instructions. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Back