• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UK Disney store...... what i shock i had today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK Disney store...... what i shock i had today :)

moo_moo_uk

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
so i went to my local Disney store to collect some pins to trade today and spent way to much as usual :) so i bought 4 of the new LE pins and 2 aristacat core pins and then i did some trading on the landyard and got a lovely jasmin and raja pin and then a buzz light year pin for my other half. i was talking to the girls on the tills about pin trading and what pins they collect etc and she was telling me thye now have leaflets about pin trading in store so i took some, has any one else seen these yet? and then to top it all of the manager gave me a free up pin from when the movie was released at the cinima!!! what a great day i'm having oh and a package has just arrived woop woop :)

here is the leaflet........
DSCF1021.jpg
DSCF1022.jpg
DSCF1023.jpg

Last edited:
ok so i am reading the back of this leaflet and it says "brooch or clasp back pins cannot be traded" why not??? you used to sell them with the clasp back pins did u not!!! duh

Those leaflets have been available for quite a while through Disney but the stores have to ask/order them we had them at Exeter to give out and we closed last June,lets hope more stores start encouraging pin trading as it is great hobby for all ages glad you had such a good day for pins :) and well done on getting the Up pin(might be worth asking in your local store if they have any as we used them as prizes when we did fundraising last year)

The brooch/clasp rule is because so many of this style was produced by non Disney companies and i think was made to make it easier for cms to tell real Disney products but with so many scrapper pins this is difficult when a store dosn't have someone who themselves is a pin trader

I remember that the Manchester store had those way back when Pin Trading first started in the UK.

Yes, I've seen these leaflets in quite a few stores. The London and Cribbs Causeway stores have had them for ages....

I haven't seen any at the Birmingham store though and the Solihull store has just started displaying them.

Wish some of the CMs and managers would actually care to read them!!!

Martin

hi natalie
york had them leaflets back in 2009,but not seen them there for a while,they must have just had a new batch in.
glad you had such a great day there,tthe staff are usually so nice and happy to talk pins when there not busy

Nice to hear that you had a good experience - shame that Romford & Lakeside stores do not seem to be so enthusiastic. Whenever I visit I have to ask to see the lanyards which are kept behind the counter in a draw! The CM at Lakeside was very polite but had to ask another CM how trading worked

For me its getting worse and I think its on its way out. Harrow just after christmas when I asked to look at the LE pins to buy produced the box from the cupboard they had nothing on disply how do they expect to sell them? Then when I was there there this weekend and asked to see the loanyards I waS TOLD THEY HAD BEEN STOLEN - EXCUSE ME!!!! dONT YOU JUST TAKE TWO AND FILL THEM UP FROM THE STOCK THEY HAVE OF PINS TO PUT ON THEM! Watford was a bad fr stock they appear to have put everything in the sale and sadly I didnt know. One CM waS WAERING A LNAYARD THOUGH. i HONESTLY DONT THINK this has taken off and like the last time pins will die out. I remember the first lot of K pins on sale and eventually they stopped selling.
Jacqui

Stolen??

What a lame excuse. I have to admit I was once told they were lost and never really thought about it.

Can you imagine if Tesco's didn't put lef their eggs in the stockroom... They are only a small thing in the store, but people can't buy them if they're not on display.

A joke.

I am also really dissapointed with the Prince and Pauper and King Louis pins... :(

I've been thinking that they are going to stop selling pins in the stores for a while. My local store doesn't even get the new releases half the time now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back