Unofficial Disney “Outlets”

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by _Stitch, Oct 10, 2019 at 6:32 AM.

1. _Stitch

_Stitch New Member

0   0   0

Are the Disney pins that are sold at stores right outside of Disney world real? They are all like 6 dollars, but I don’t want to buy fake ones.

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

The ones sold at the Disney outlets? Yes! They're unpopular designs and since Disney made too many to sell at full price they're discounted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

_Stitch likes this.
  3. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

If they're not affiliated with Disney, then they could be licensed pins and would be good as well. But that would depend on the store selling them, like Target and Walmart.

4. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    177   0   0

For the stores the OP is referring to...

Fake. And the ones that are real are stolen.

Obviously, the Disney-operated ones are real, and Target / Walmart sometimes have officially licensed pins (Jerry Leigh / Monogram, etc).

But I-Drive and 535 are littered with large, loudly themed buildings advertising themselves as a Disney Outlet. These places, they are only good for letting you see what is being faked, and examine them for the tell-tale signs. I have seen authentic looking booster packs and such, and my Mom and her CM friends used to tell me that those places are part of the organized theft rings that operate in the area.

Snoffsan and akarih like this.
  5. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Ooooh sorry I misunderstood the question.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Yeah, I'll confirm fake. The stores that we call "gift shops" (but do sometimes put outlet in their names) have fake pins. I've seen Hidden Mickeys on black backing cards, and Duffy/Shellie May HKDL pins on their racks.

You know, ever since I figured out that their pins were fake, I started wondering about their main merchandise (T-shirts, hats, etc.). I had always assumed that they purchased that "cheap" tier of Disney merchandise that Disney offers up to stores like Wal-Mart. Like maybe Disney sold a cheap license to them. But you have to wonder. And, more to the point, if ALL the stuff is fake, why would Disney let them operate, especially so close to the Parks? That's why I had always assumed the majority of the merch was legit, even if the pins weren't.

The two outlet malls (Vineland and I-Drive) have the actual, legit Disney store outlets, fyi.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 6:45 PM
  7. DiamondDollJeanette

DiamondDollJeanette Active Member

0   0   0

It's hit or miss. You can find some real ones at "Disney Gift Shops " but you gotta look very very carefully. Allot of them are scrappers from China.