• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Unsure if pins are real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure if pins are real.

buffy12

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For christmas and easter my parents bought me and my sister at least 500 pins each, now after reading everything im not sure if the pins are real or if they are scrapper. Is there any easy way of looking at the pin and saying yes that one is real while that one is a scrapper? Im not sure how much my parents paid for them. Most of the pins are from the years between 2004 and 2008, there are some doubles and they are all in small ziplocked baggies also they are from differents disney parks, there are ones from Hong Kong Disney World and Disneyland. If they are scrappers i dont mind I just like collecting them but i just want to know so i can tell my parents to stop buying from this person.

Last edited:
The small ziplocked baggies raise a red flag. The fact they bought 500 a piece for each of you raises a red flag, that's 1,000 pins between the 2 of you. The fact that their are doubles raise a red flag. That's just to many red flags in my opinion. Look at most of the members on this site that post often. Most of them don't even have 1,000 pins in their collection. Yet, your parents bought 1,000 pins from someone. Normally, when you're dealing with these type of numbers, it's a GREAT indicator that the pins are not real.

I thought so. Now the 500 is just an number i threw out there because i havent counted them all. The doubles are small amount out of all the pins we got there were a maybe 4 sets out doubles between us. I will let my parents know not to buy them off of this person again.

Just to be a little more certain - select a random few pins & look them on on Pinpics using the search field. Most pins which have been scrapped will say-so in their descriptions. If you need any help finding the odd pin then just shout, one of us will only be too willing to help!

Be careful. There's way too many scrappers. If you bought them on ebay.
For christmas and easter my parents bought me and my sister at least 500 pins each, now after reading everything im not sure if the pins are real or if they are scrapper. Is there any easy way of looking at the pin and saying yes that one is real while that one is a scrapper? Im not sure how much my parents paid for them. Most of the pins are from the years between 2004 and 2008, there are some doubles and they are all in small ziplocked baggies also they are from differents disney parks, there are ones from Hong Kong Disney World and Disneyland. If they are scrappers i dont mind I just like collecting them but i just want to know so i can tell my parents to stop buying from this person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back