• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Variations Between Two Of The Same "Official" Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Variations Between Two Of The Same "Official" Pin

Ninpin

Mothmouse
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is it normal for two pins from the same store, in original packaging, etc., to have slight variations? I have two that I know are both official, from the same store and same day of sale, but I notice things like slightly thicker metal lines in some areas (as if the paint was less or more) and such. One even has a very tiny overspill.

I'm wondering if this is normal, a bad quality control, etc.? Part of me worries that the one with a slight overspill will be called a scrapper by others even though I know it's legit.

Just want to hear thoughts.

Yes, Disney's quality (oxymoron) control is not great right now. It is like they are doing anything they can to piss off the pin people. They apparently just don't care any longer about quality. Not just on pins either. Seems like all things Disney are getting cheap except the prices.

I did hear of some bad paint jobs on some figures that I've been looking at lately, as well.

Ah well, I suppose if the one pin is still in it's original packaging it shouldn't be considered a scrapper, though maybe it should have been. Just disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back