• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because heaven forbid if the same people who always seem to have priority access to so much else, were in the same pool as everyone else for this.

So fine, if Disney wants to continue to prioritize access for the same group of people, over and over again, at the expense of everyone else, including those that have spent a crapload of money with Disney, just not in this specific way, I get the message about how unimportant my dollars are. I also know, how alone I am in this sentiment and that Disney will likely do just fine without my money.

I completely understand people being upset at it. Especially if it's never been done at these events before.

A nice selection of pins but I'm a little disappointed with what I need. I see one Cric-kee (item #2) that can hardly be seen, and one Little Brother @ $325 (item #29). I will definitely be looking to co-op the set if anyone is interested

Yeah....I noticed that. I'm sorry for any Mulan/Little Brother collectors! It always stinks when you need just one pin from a large, expensive framed set. :p And double pain for you needing two!

So while I am dying and painfully decomposing over how many of these pins I need because CATS (Three Lucifers? Really? :() I am immensely surprised there is not a single Si&Am pin. Nor do I see Felicia or Jazzy (Charlotte's kitten). Not like I need any more cats to try and find! But I wish they had decided to give more characters some pin time as opposed to giving us multiple pins with the same character (Rajah, Stitch, Marie, Lucifer).

On the note of the mystery pins, has a separate thread been started for the guessing of the unknown characters? :D

Is it hard to get tickets to the event? I've never attended a pin traded event but I was planning a trip around that time so if it isnt too hard to get tickets I would love to attend!

Is it hard to get tickets to the event? I've never attended a pin traded event but I was planning a trip around that time so if it isnt too hard to get tickets I would love to attend!
The regular tickets shouldn't be hard, I think they sell out in about a month, but this theme could speed that up.

I'm going to assume the Best in Show to go within a few minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Did they run out of room in the trading area last year? There were a couple of tables were the lights did not work but I don't remember the room filling up. I have to buy 4 tickets do not think it would do me any good to try for premium package. No way I could get 4 and $1000. Don't want to pay 4x30= $120 for seats that have always been included. The value for the premium ticket is worth it if you want to be the first on the boards, the partners trading would be great( WDI AP profiles maybe)the LE 100 lanyard medal has to be worth $50. But I am more interested in sitting with my family and friends.

Considering the topic (as a cat collector), I thought I was going to be owing Disney a vital organ or two, but... I don't know; most of the pins are kind of... meh.

I mean, I've seen these scenes before and I have pins of them. I love Stitch and certainly didn't expect 3(!) pins, but I already have a pin of the adoption certificate and there are like a thousand pins of Stitch playing guitar... And I have about a thousand pins of Figaro and Cleo together. And the group shots of "Oliver and Company", "Aristocats", and "101 Dalmatians" aren't exactly new either...

I don't know, maybe I'm jaded but I was hoping for more "new and exciting" pin poses specific to the event, or just pins that made me say "OMG, I HAVE TO GET THAT!"

Edit: Also no surprise, but dogs (23 pins, or 26 if you count Stitch) and then to a lesser extent cats (17 pins) seem to dominate the choices...

I'm not surprised Disney is doing the tiered packages. This is their standard MO these days... Want a better seat for fireworks? Pay extra for the dessert party. Want to stay three hours later and ride rides without a wait? Pay extra for Disney After Dark. Want to get on rides before everyone else? Pay for Max Pass. You get my drift. And it's not just Disney, everyone's doing it now.

58724867_2172177746169312_4464444373332918272_n.jpg

59550898_2172177789502641_4025236314654769152_n.jpg

In fairness, the partners boards could go either way. they could be amazing WDI APs or they could be like OE Tokyo pins (which are cool but not exciting per se). I find the latter much more likely lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way, there seems to be a very loose definition of a) tail and b) pet and in an anniversary year, they could have found a place for Toady.

giphy.gif

And even if they decided that Toad was the anthropomorphic "owner" and therefore couldn't be a "pet" seems like there would have been plenty of room for Cyril.

Apparently after the huge debacle at the DHS Villains event a few years back, they're reluctant to have them out for M&Gs because the lines were so insane.
If only Disney had some kind of system where you could use an app for the M&G at an assigned time and could scan your magic band at the appropriate time instead of waiting in a long line...oh wait!

Is there some sort of website that could answer a bunch of newbie questions on attending a pin trading event? Lol. Such as the specifics about the RSP process and details on the pre-registration day. :D

Six months ago when I was leaving the Dr’s office I made my next appointment. I picked Tuesday May 7th at 12 noon (cst)
Who knew? Looks like no Best in Show package for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back