• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Announcement We're halfway to the forum upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement We're halfway to the forum upgrade!

Cicada

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all, as of today (6/13/2017), we;re halfway to the goal for upgrading the forum software — We have just about enough currently ($625) to move forward with purchasing the software license.

With that in mind, I want to have another discussion on things you'd like to see in the new forum, and see if we can deliver on those requests moving forward.

Some of the things I know members want, or would like to see:

• User tagging / mentioning — being able to "@" users to mention them in the thread and have it come up in their alerts.
  • Chat
  • More robust marketplace

If there's anything else you'd like to add, please feel free, and let's get a discussion going to see whats feasible (and the cost associated). I may also be implementing a subscription/premium member service which will add more PM space and maybe some other small features, for those that would like to support the forum, as we do still have to consider the $175/month server running costs for the forum, even after this upgrade.

Thanks!

I second the tagging feature! That would be immensely helpful, especially in sales/auction/game threads and zap threads.

And I also second having more space for premium/subscription members.

One thing I would find helpful, if at all possible to add, would be a random number generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back