• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Are Your Pin Boards Made Of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Are Your Pin Boards Made Of?

linz_pinz

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hey guys!!!

I'm quickly running out of room on my pin boards. They're not too giant to begin with, just a couple of cork boards I found at target with really pretty frames that I really like, but I've run out of room and can't keep buying more. So I think I'm going to adventure into the realm for a handmade board... what did you guys make yours our of? Is there any kind of fun alternative to a pin board that can work? I love my collection so much that I don't want to just hide it away in a book or anything, maybe the traders, but I have quite a few others that I'd like to keep out...

Thanks!!!

canvas. for the ones I hang sis paints background scenery for me so so it is usually 11 x 14 or 16 x 20.

I use cheap cork boards but put black self adhesive fabric on them. I had never thought of the canvas, they would be easier to display.

My big lion king collection is on spray painted glossed foam, one of my lion king grails is on canvas and another on card inside a frame, my tangled collection is on a painted canvas, my randoms and stitch are on cork!
oh and my mini frozen collection is on glossed foam in a frame :lol:

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics

33tnhc0.jpg

wanivr.jpg

Ohhh canvas!!! I don't know why I had never thought of that, you guys are so smart! haha, thank you for the advice, I actually have a lot of canvases here that I could use (I'm a painter).

I have some boards I've made out of coroplast (corrugated plastic, like yard signs) covered with fabric, and also a couple of shadowboxes made by lost-sun-princess. :)

I have framed corkboards, shadow boxes and canvas. I like the canvas but I got a smaller one and its already full because you can only pin in certain spots because of the wooden frame that the canvas is stretched/nailed onto. So get bigger than you think. Ive already run out of room on my Gaston canvas and now need another.

I like how the shadow boxes look, framed etc. Makes for a nicer display I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back