• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What is your primary method of acquiring your pins?

I acquire most of my pins:

• Directly from Disney (includes people purchasing pins at release on your behalf, organized co-ops))

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Secondary source purchases (Ebay, sales posts, etc)

Votes: 33 46.5%
  • Trades

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Other (because there is always an other)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your primary method of acquiring your pins?
I have to admit that I fell in to the trap of buying loads of cheap pins on ebay and then discovered they were a load of scrappers! :(

I now only buy direct from Disney or from reputable sellers who will send the pins with the original backing card.

I also love trading on DPF!

Martin :)

Tiki! Exactly! :lol:

Of the 1,500 or so pins I had in my collection, about half (including most of the LE 1000s) were purchased in the parks. A few were purchased from Disney Shopping. About a third (the older pins and higher-end pins) were purchased from sellers in person or on eBay. A few were purchased from sellers on Diz Pins. Perhaps two hundred were from trades at PT events or on Pin Pics.

Dan's video has shown us how baby pins are made, but I could never get my pins to proliferate that way. :)

I am fortunate to live near Disneyland and DSF, so most of my pins are bought directly from Disney. Because I collect Figment, I do a lot of eBaying as well. My first real pins were bought via eBay back when Disney Auctions was hosted there, in fact! I do some trading, mosty lanyard stalking but occasionally I'll schlep my pins out to the park. I haven't really bought a lot of pins from other collectors outside of an occasional trip to Frank n Sons or NFFC.

For most collectors, it goes like this.

1) Get 1 pin at a Disney Resort
2) Find out about cast member lanyard trading
3) Go back to said disney resort and buy cheap 6 pack of traders
4) Go running all over DLR like a wild person looking for cast members to trade pins with
5) Start buying "Rack" pins at the resorts
6) Go to a PTN at a Disney resort, where you run into people with what seems to be millions of disney pins, take their advice and then head to....
7) EBAY this is where you spend $20.00 or more for the first time on a single pin
8) Do a search on ebay, buy what you thought to be the best deal in the world.... BULK pin at $.65 ea per hundred
9) Next trip to Disney, you hang your head in shame hearing from every pin trader that you have nothing but SCRAPPERS for that smoking deal on ebay, Do not fret, cast members do not give a damn, trade away hoping not to get scrappers
10) Find pinpics, go crazy trying to find and list all of your pins so you can trade
11) Find Disneypinforum, find out most of collection is junk or on the brite side, you have a complete set of hidden Mickey scrappers...but nice scrappers :)
12) Find out your collection is pretty much worthless again in the "Trade" venue, no success trading on pinpics
13) Start heading to Disney events, not only buy pins that you need, but buy extras for trading
14) Find out the "Extra" pins you bought are not getting what you want via trades on pinpics
15) Back to Disney pin boards and start buying nice pins to trade with others
16) Finally you now are trading real well, you feel like the master of trading.... Problem now is you have 117 pins in your personal keeper collection and 2,365 pins listed as traders
17) You wonder what in the hello kitty has happened and why you are late on your car payment and 2 months behind on your Mortgage
18) Become newest member of the pinboards 10 step, pin-o-holics online chat room, You are one of the few lucky ones and find atleast 1 collector that is in even worse shape then you are.
19) All is not lost... You just found out that there is an extra pay period this month, You run to Disney and spend new found wealth on more pins, you are again a happy camper.

check times 19. LOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back