What material is used in pin books so pin backs aren't needed?

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by caroline23, Jul 8, 2019.

1. caroline23

caroline23 Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Hi all!
    I have a randon question. I've seen several people who keep their pins in pin books without backs. Instead, they put some kind of matterial inside the pages to make it firm and just push the pins into that. No backs needed, and it's much easier to move them around and take them out. Any idea what kind of material is being used for that? Thanks so much!!

2. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

You have a couple of options: cork or coroplast. I find that cork is a bit heavy, so I opt for coroplast.

krand1276 and slbrabham like this.
  3. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Coroplast is a bit more secure IMO than the cork. When it gets hot out, or from lots of use the cork will loosen and pins can fall out easier. The coroplast has a little extra effort to push the pins in, so it holds better.

KEEP IN MIND, if you're going to use a method without backs, keep extra close watch on your pins. Pins without backs are easier to pull out and go missing if someone who's less than honest looks at your book...

krand1276, starry_solo and slbrabham like this.
  4. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I use coroplast with duct tape on it to help make so pins don't fall out. The wonderful @d.ducks gave me that tip. I can shake my book unzipped and nothing falls out.

5. caroline23

caroline23 Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Thank you so much everyone! Much appreciated :)

6. sadie.b.bug

sadie.b.bug New Member

0   0   0

I use cork board wrapped with duct tape! The adhesive in the duct tape reseals it in a way, and keeps the pins from moving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

I use coroplast as well. I just cut it to fit in the pages and don't use tape any more because the tape started to get some of the posts a little sticky.

So true. Such great advice!

8. LadyBarclay

LadyBarclay Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Now my question: where do you all get your coroplast???? People say to just use old political signs, but I haven't come across any (when I'm thinking about it)!

ItzaPinfan likes this.
  9. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

I’ve gotten mine at michaels, they have black ones which I prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LadyBarclay and Tokaji like this.
  10. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

Michaels is good. I also check Home Depot and Lowes. They sell it for signs.

LadyBarclay likes this.