• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! What the...? No way! That’s nuts!! Awesome! But why?

ZAPPED! What the...? No way! That’s nuts!! Awesome! But why?

Ajk

Let's party like its 2019.
Rating - 100%
211   0   0
Those are a few of my reactions when I opened my mail today and found this:

94df24829590138d5674243f181fc420.jpg

Before I start my rant, let’s just pause for a moment to appreciate @krand1276 ‘s awesome use of her DPF badge. A card, and a sticker! I really need to up my game. Now, with that out of the way…

Are you kidding me?! Completely out of the blue, no reason at all, completely underserved, I receive this absolutely incredible, thoughtful, and wonderful beyond words care package. I’m completely and utterly shocked. I swear, the other day I was thinking about what I was going to do for snacks at FairyTails. Usually at WDW the wife and I get a bad of gummys (Goofy’s of course) that we stick in our backpack and snack on when need a little something to tide us over. But the wife won’t be with me this year and only being there a couple of days, the gummy bag is too much for me. I did think I might grab a bag of pretzels or something, but didn’t want a ton of one thing. And here it is! The perfect solution. I get pretzels, and nuts, and goldfish (special Mickey ones!) and animal crackers and fig newtons (I love those) and fruit chews, and, and, and…..man! So much stuff! Complete with wet wipes! (Nice touch.)

9a6de81339b1ce64b3495607f061626a.jpg

And don’t forget the great pins! One to keep and one to trade.

96256088fcd57b6296c341416bf69a76.jpg

Katherine, I am so incredibly touched. I really don’t know what to say. This is such a wonderfully thoughtful gift. And so unexpected and undeserved. I am so thankful for it. It’s an amazing gesture. I am just completely thrilled, and shocked, and warmed, and touched, and…and...I...just...

tenor.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH MY GOSH! SAME! I'll post what she gave me when my phone has time to charge. This is the sweetest, kindest thing anyone has done. You rock, Kathrine!!!!

Reactions: Ajk
It's because Katherine is officially a master zapper! And a VERY intelligent one. If I learned anything at LIAA, it's that I never wanted to leave the venue. Snacks are a MUST.

Great job @krand1276 !!

(Also this is the first time I've seen the sticker. EEEEEEEE I love it.)

Reactions: Ajk
Here's my what I'm calling the Convention-All Box. Came with a bunch of snacks I'm going to try and not eat until Fairy Tails. My biggest issue with these events is I really don't eat. I don't leave. I just trade until I'm a shriveled husk of a human being. This will be in my backpack so I can snack on it all days! My sister had to force food on me two years ago by waiving chicken fingers in front of my face. You could go into a business delivering snacks to people in conventions that forget to go to the grocery store! Thank you again for spreading some magic, Katherine!
728dcb464f54b87df4323b6a52d0e6ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Here's my what I'm calling the Convention-All Box. Came with a bunch of snacks I'm going to try and not eat until Fairy Tails. My biggest issue with these events is I really don't eat. I don't leave. I just trade until I'm a shriveled husk of a human being. This will be in my backpack so I can snack on it all days! My sister had to force food on me two years ago by waiving chicken fingers in front of my face. You could go into a business delivering snacks to people in conventions that forget to go to the grocery store! Thank you again for spreading some magic, Katherine!
728dcb464f54b87df4323b6a52d0e6ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Ahh the Disney magic of close family waving chicken in your face as you try to barter for a profile

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aww, you guys are going to make me cry! Thank you for the sweet words!

@chubs191, I'm like you. I always forget to eat. Plus I figured it's nice to have something while you stand in line to get in, stand in line for the trader boards, stand in line for whatever else.

I put together gift baskets quite often, but shipping is a nightmare, so I thought I'd try something new and do some snack boxes. Thank you for being my (unknowing) recipients.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I came home from the dentist and found a box on my doorstep. I was not expecting anything, but remembered that @krand1276 had cryptically asked if my address had changed and if I was allergic to anything.
Upon opening the postal box I found the real prize. I was amazed by this imaginative box of goodies. So much variety, salty and sweet treats and a pin included.
5364ede24e25c82fdc8a2a00a08eca6c.jpg
29f9b698b24d8a996542f3c03d9805b5.jpg
25c102eabddff9caf8387502e5a6219c.jpg

As others have mentioned before, I am astounded by the generosity and thoughtfulness of the members of this pin community. Katherine has gone beyond what anyone could expect and is spot on with her treats. She knows what it is like to be at one of these events. The time seems to go so fast and there are no breaks for food. Thank you so much Katherine, your gift is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got snack zapped, too. Katherine generously sent me snacks to ensure that I don’t fade while I trade.
503f4728c70e6dbdba954ff3b433d646.jpg

bff4c9959e4d211847e54149a814d46f.jpg

I love how Katherine has the best stickers, notes, and labels. The snack box is too cute.
Here is a picture of all the goodies she packed in the snack box.
d561059f2539c9556194b0316e8de8e2.jpg

She included two pins with the snacks - one to trade and one to keep. She was so prepared and thoughtful that she included sanitary hand wipes. My niece said you “thought of everything” when she saw them. However, you moved to genius status when she saw the Chex mix. (She claimed it!)

Thank you very much. I hope one year soon you’ll be able to attend an East coast event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are so cool! Congrats, everyone! And way to go, krand! I think you definitely win the most creative zap award with your pin event snack boxes!

Back