• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What was your first pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your first pin?
The first two pins I ever bought were these two on a trip to DLR in October 2001.

7490.jpg Pin 7490 Disneyland Halloween Mickey with Bats

2941.jpg Pin 2941 DLR - Disneyland Hotel

I didn't know what pin trading was, but I liked the pins, so I bought them. On that same trip, I saw a long line of people standing someplace (I think it was outside the main gate) and asked the last person in line what everyone was waiting for. The person said they were waiting to get a pin. For a brief moment, I considered joining the line, then thought, "No, this could be trouble. Collecting leads to more collecting."

I went on my way, successfully avoiding the hook.

Then . . .

Years later, on another trip to DLR, I used the Disney Travel Company service, which gave me a lanyard and two free pins. While in the park, I traded away the pins just for fun, enjoyed that, bought a few more so I could keep trading, but still wasn't hooked . . . until I saw the pin below. Some guy sitting in the PT area had it in his book, and I WANTED it. (You all know what I mean by WANTED.)

The guy was a shark: in trade for his pin, he wanted a 100 Mickey I had cluelessly gotten off a CM's lanyard (just because I thought it was pretty), plus he asked me to buy him two new LE 1000s. I had no clue that 100 Mickeys were valuable, or that Hidden Mickeys weren't, or that the 3:1 trade he was proposing was way out of line. So I traded.

pin41181.jpeg
Pin 41181 WDW Cast Lanyard Collection 4 - Recreation (Donald Biking)

After that, I was hooked. I went on a mission to find bike pins and Hidden Mickeys throughout the park. (The shark did me one good turn: he told me about Pin Pics so I could find more bike pins.)

Last edited:
I bought these three pins in March of 1992 which was my first trip back to WDW since 1980 When MK was WDW!!!

pin82

pin90

pin868
this one has my name Susan on it
My first Disney store pins were #'s 3571 and 1093 plus i also received a pin from a DLR 35 anniversary promotion that was held at the Disney stores 20 yrs ago

Last edited:
My first pin was this one, which I traded off a lanyard:

pin19523

To this day I'm still searching for the rest of the set!

-Ruth

This was my first pin bought from the Disney store at the Orlando airport on the way back from WDW in the late '90s

Back in November 2005, on my first trip to Disneyland when I started collecting pins, I got a lot of pins that trip but one of the first ones I remember finding on a cast members lanyard that I loved was this one:

pin16974.jpg

Pin 16974: Magical Musical Moments - Upendi

I've since found a few more Lion King ones with that same pose on lanyards and can't say that I'm unhappy about that! LoL

I actually WON my first pins on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" at Hollywood Studios. (Am I the only one who wishes they still had that attraction!) I probably would have never started if it weren't for getting these for free. What a great way to start my obsession!

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back