• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What was your first pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your first pin?

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Do you remember what your first Disney pin was?

It was this one that got me addicted:
pin6370.jpg

I traded for this one at Epcot.

pin52700

It was one of those mysterious pins that the CM had on the lanyard backwards. My son was afraid to try one of those, but I said "what the heck" and went for it.

This was mine and although I do not collect Eeyore it is in my room mates collection to this day. Still love this pin....
pin5488

This was my first pin: Pin 18697: DLR - Disneyland Photo (Tinker Bell)

The following pin was the first ever I bought, which was maybe 2003 or 2004 (@WoD):
pin36815.jpg

I did not buy another pin until 2009. The pin(s) that OFFICIALLY got me into pin trading were the Star Wars mystery boxed pins. Thejessta bought me a box or 2 when he started to get into the hobby, and I believe I bought a box for myself that night as well:
pin61061.jpg

I guess you can say I was lured to the dark side? =/

This was my first pin.

pin52805

Funny story, I found a Belle Princess pin on the floor by Pirates. It was brand new, so I held onto this all day and stumbled upon the pin trader tables in Frontier Land. So I traded the lady this pin for this Ezra Pin. I still have it. : )

I bought a pack of the Urban #1 Vinylmation mystery pins. I was aiming to get the upside down mickey and I did :D

pin63500.jpg

pin63506.jpg

I will never forget my first trade. I had traded with my children for about a year and never really was concerned with any pins for me. But one day they told me they wanted me to start trading so they gave me one of their traders and said to get a pin I like. When I saw this pin on a lanyrad and was able to trade a Pluto Cutie for it, I was instantly hooked and the Pinsanity had already sey in.

There was something about the pin that at the time did it for me. The Pin on Pin on Pin aspect (of course I did not even know they were called pin on pin at the time) and the 3-dimensional look it had. I just thought it was a really cool looking pin and also I got it off a lanyrad and compared to most of the pins I had seen my kids get, this was like a nice pin.
pin62665

:) My first pin was actually this DLRP starter lanyard set. I still have that lanyard and 2 of the pins that came with it.

pin38188

Here's my first pin:
pin31399

I was a cast member that summer- and started with pins of the attractions I worked (Jungle/Tiki/Tarzan's Treehouse) and a few gifts from friends... and then saw all the Ariel pins... I got sucked in quickly :)

These are the earliest pins that I own. I still remember buying them in front of It's a Small World at Disneyland and wearing them on my Mickey Safari hat every day we were there.

pin5540.jpg

*bumping this thread back up from the dead*

The very first Disney pin I every bought was this one (way back when LM came out):

pin1445

I was collecting Marvel pins at that time, so this was my first Disney pin. Unfortunately, I didn't buy another Disney pin until I made my first trip to a Disney park many years later (in 2007). I think the first pin I picked up during that trip was this one:

pin24628

I had no intention at that time of being a Disney pin collector (was just picking up a cool pin to commemorate my first trip to WDW, afterall). But unbeknownst to myself, the latent Disney pin-bug had indeed infected me. Full-blown symptoms manifested themselves the following year. I spent so much money on pins on the '08 trip. Been happily afflicted ever since. :anxious:

I found this Minnie Tennis pin on the ground my first trip to WDW. I kept it because I thought it was a cool find. It was almost 10 years later that I began to pin trade. Not only was this my very first pin, but it was also my first trade. I traded it for Buzz Lightyear pin at DCA.

Good times. :)

Attachments

• pin4790.jpeg
    pin4790.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 83
My Dad brought me two pins when he took a business trip that had him staying at the Disneyland Hotel in, I think, 1990. He brought me

pin1366

and a pin that isn't even on Pinpics, I don't think. It was of Mickey's head, but it was a flashing pin. Depending on how you put the back on, his eyes would flash.

My first pin was even before the start of trading. I got this one plus 1 for each park when I first visited in 1992.
pin82th72

Sue81 you were just ahead of the game! lol

My first pin was Pin 68055: Disney Store Europe - Wall-E- Holding Plant That movie really just brough me good things =)

Walle.png

My first pin was -

pin69146

Was called grumpy off my partner and he got me a grumpy keyring and since they were near the pins I saw the pins (if only Id known what would of come next lol) my friend bought it me for my 22nd Birthday and I still wear it on my Jacket as I dont live in the UK anymore so having it on my jacket will alway remind me of my friend :)

The pin that started it all was

pin5225
Pin 5225: WDW - Memorial Day 2001 (Donald Duck)

But our favorites were These 2 because we did the tours and have fond memories:Pin 18762
Pin 11303

pin70360

Pin 70360: Jumbo Carl's House

Got this on DS.com and I even ended up with 2 due to a shipping error on their part. Only 4 people have it and I sold mine away after a few months, but I guess I should have kept it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back