• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What would you do - Pin Trade related?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you do - Pin Trade related?

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
OK, I am confused. Last month, I attempted to trade for a pin, and got a very polite response back saying the pin was not available for trade, but I can buy it for X amount of dollars. I thought I responded back, but I guess I did not as I sent the same person a trade request last night and they came back with the same response.

What would you do? Attempt to negotiate a price, not buy it as you are trying to trade, or something else? Also, I do not know what PinPics official stance on that is, if anything. Is this like trying to buy an E-Bay auction without going through E-Bay to avoid the fees?!?

I guess I am also confused, if it is in their traders, but not available for trade, how do they have it to sell?

Edit: If I was to attempt to buy it, I would definitely attempt to negotiate as they are asking $15-$20 higher than the going rate.

Last edited:
Officially, Pinpics says it's a no-no. Pinpics is for trading only, I'm sure to protect everyone and to keep any legal issues from cropping up....

I guess I am also confused, if it is in their traders, but not available for trade, how do they have it to sell?

Just means they're more interested in money than extra pins right now, I'm sure.

Is this person an established trader? If it's someone well-known and "trusted", I would maybe consider it. But otherwise, it sounds risky to me. If you do it, you might not have any recourse if something goes wrong.

Is it a fair price?

You can also reply with "For sale? Do you have a link to your ebay listing or sale thread?" and see if they actually have it posted anywhere, or if they're just trying to grab you because you've shown interest.

I am wondering who the trader is. Could you please PM me their user name? I heard of a famous Ebay seller who tries this bait & switch on Pinpics.

Pinpics does not allow buying or selling via Pinpics. So, it is a bit wrong of this person to offer to sell it to you. If they want to sell it, they can advertise it on pintalk or on DPF or Ebay.

Last edited:
Ive bought a pin through pinpics once as I actually asked if they were selling it and it was the UP Marquee, I simply asked could I purchase some of there wants a Ive got nothing they needed and they said instead what would I offer, to this day I do not regret asking that question as otherwise I would not have that pin.

I would say the same as Abyssinian, that they are not interested in any other pins right now, fair enough if they do want to sell it but if its more than ebay you are better off just going there to buy it if you were thinking of buying it at some stage.

Edit: If I was to attempt to buy it, I would definitely attempt to negotiate as they are asking $15-$20 higher than the going rate.

Well, this guy/gal isn't really offering you ANY benefits, are they? Shady AND overpriced. :)

Is it a hard-to-find pin or something? 'Cause if it's not, I'd just wait for a deal on eBay...

If it is a pin you want and is a fair price you can still pay with paypal and be protected.

However, I don't advocate purchasing it since it is against PP rules.

Pinpics SHOULD be for trading only! There are other avenues in which to sell a pin. Trading cash for a pin doesn't count.

Oh, naughty, naughty! It specifically says on Pinpics it is for trading ONLY... [/searching] can't find the verbiage at the moment though. Sounds like someone is fishing for sales through trades. :( Tsk tsk...Naughty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back