• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WHO is Going to 2023 Magic Hap-Pins?

I will be bringing my Zuca. I have owned it for 5+ years. I bought it specifically for the WDW event, but due to the pandemic and a couple of one-off situations it has never been to an event. So very excited to bring pins in my zuca.

A zuca is luggage one can sit on. Cast members do not allow floor sitting while in line, but seem to have no problem with luggage sitting. Luggage one can sit on is beneficial. Carry pins and a stool all in one.
I ended up with a personal wheelchair in my possession for good reason but it was ultimately unneeded (at the time) and I might just end up bringing it with me this year. The pin bags are agony on my back, as is trying to look at pins on tables when you're taller, and because it's a personal one I'm not taking one from someone who needed it more. It can also fold up so I can tuck it away when it's crowded. I'm gonna do what I need to do feel well enough to go to work the day after because my health is not cooperating with me lol and my job is physical.

I ended up with a personal wheelchair in my possession for good reason but it was ultimately unneeded (at the time) and I might just end up bringing it with me this year. The pin bags are agony on my back, as is trying to look at pins on tables when you're taller, and because it's a personal one I'm not taking one from someone who needed it more. It can also fold up so I can tuck it away when it's crowded. I'm gonna do what I need to do feel well enough to go to work the day after because my health is not cooperating with me lol and my job is physical.
Agree, my back is usually sore after pin events. Bending over tables to trade is probably my biggest trigger also. Then there is standing all day long (probably on concrete). Something to sit on (that the cast members allow) is important.

There's nothing wrong with doing what you need to do to "survive" 2 days of Pin Trading!! The whole point is to have FUN so, why be hurting/worn out?

The Veracruz Rooms (A, B and C = Veracruz Hall) are carpeted but, it's hotel hallway type of carpet. Just enough to make wheels a little difficult but not enough to make 2 days of standing comfortable.

I just bought a new Walker (with a seat and basket to hold 2 Pin Bags) after I registered. I've been using a regular Walker (with a 1 Pin Bag basket) at Trading Events after fracturing my ankle last year. I'm at those Events for only a few hours so, that one works. This will be 2 full days & I'll need some "sitting time".

I'll be wearing my Tigger ears, a Tigger T-shirt and TiggerSue is embroidered on my bags. Please say "Hi!", when you can. :) :)
:tigger:

Gee, I guess us "Old-Timers" (20 plus years) are starting to show our age? LOL ;);):D:D

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with doing what you need to do to "survive" 2 days of Pin Trading!! The whole point is to have FUN so, why be hurting/worn out?

The Veracruz Rooms (A, B and C = Veracruz Hall) are carpeted but, it's hotel hallway type of carpet. Just enough to make wheels a little difficult but not enough to make 2 days of standing comfortable.

I just bought a new Walker (with a seat and basket to hold 2 Pin Bags) after I registered. I've been using a regular Walker (with a 1 Pin Bag basket) at Trading Events after fracturing my ankle last year. I'm at those Events for only a few hours so, that one works. This will be 2 full days & I'll need some "sitting time".

I'll be wearing my Tigger ears, a Tigger T-shirt and TiggerSue is embroidered on my bags. Please say "Hi!", when you can. :) :)
:tigger:

I agree! I was raised with a "suck it up, buttercup" type attitude though that I'm still trying to get over (even as an adult my mom still gets on me for using my FMLA that my doctor agrees I need) so it's hard for me to accept that there's nothing wrong with me using extra tools to make sure I have a good day instead of feeling frazzled and awful by the end of the day.

I agree! I was raised with a "suck it up, buttercup" type attitude though that I'm still trying to get over (even as an adult my mom still gets on me for using my FMLA that my doctor agrees I need) so it's hard for me to accept that there's nothing wrong with me using extra tools to make sure I have a good day instead of feeling frazzled and awful by the end of the day.
My mom is like this too. Now she has dementia and routinely tells my sister (who has progressive MS) to get over it and work, try harder. Its sad.

We all need to do what we need to do. No doubt!

Back