• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who thinks Plutos Christmas Tree PODM will be like Lonesome Ghosts????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who thinks Plutos Christmas Tree PODM will be like Lonesome Ghosts????

mylittletyguy

Active DPF Member
Rating - 98.1%
52   1   0
I am hoping so, because I am leaving for a wedding in PA the evening on the 6th and will be passing RIGHT through Orlando around 6pm and I am hoping to be able to stop at DTD and grab some. PLUS, my husband will be with me this time...so he's good for 2 pins! :wiggle:

Last edited:
I think Pluto will last awhile. The other two non-feature length PoDMs do not sell for very much outside of a few grail scenes. I've seen quite a few Lonesome Ghosts go on eBay at cost or close to it. Many of the resellers will probably be scared off.

Okay, whew! I was hoping it wasn't just me being hopefull! I went the day after the LG release and they still had a ton. And I noticed that on eBay about the costs of the cells for LG. My only worry was because it's the LAST PODM, people are trying to complete their sets, so I wasn't sure if that made it more desirable.

It's a tricky situation at Walt Disney World. All the new fantasyland pins come out that day so that might take away from the demand of the Pluto's Christmas Tree pin but there are a lot of Christmas collectors and a lot of chip and dale collectors. After getting 24 beauty and the beast piece of movies pins I'm ok with skipping out on the Pluto pin and focusing on fantasyland that day.

I figured the number of people that need it to complete their sets would be about the same as the number of people that needed Lonesome Ghosts. The thing I was kind of worried about is that there may be non-collectors that buy it as a souvenir of their Christmas-time visit to Walt Disney World. I had heard many Lonesome Ghosts pins were purchased by people that just wanted a souvenir of their Halloweentime visit. However, a Thursday in early December will probably not be busy enough to worry about that.

I hope I will have a chance at getting one later that night. I'm flying home from Oregon that day so I will not be at the release. I've always loved this cartoon so I'm hoping I can get one that has Chip, Dale, and Pluto's face/nose in it!

I'll be hoping for multiple (if they're decent) scenes, but I'll be after Chip n Dale ones for sure! I was proper excited when I found out my favourite boys would be on a PoDM! :D

I don't plan on going to the release either. But I will need to trade for or purchase later in the day 2 of them for my cousin and friend who collect them. ;)

Hahaha, kristine I don't remember the date. But, I'll be getting there about 5pm, so hopefully they'll have a couple left over. I'm guessing they will, I got there the same time for LG and Little green men and DTD had like a ton.

I feel this will be like LG only because it's not one of Disney's popular animated features like BATB, LM, or Tangled. But then everyone does need to finish there collections if they need them all. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think this one will last a couple of days. I wish we would have known the release date sooner as we leave just before the release! Figures our trip would be right between the two! Oh well! Will be looking to trade for this one

I've never been to a PODM release before. This will be my first (and only!) one, as Pluto's Christmas Tree is my fave Disney short. How does the wristband thing work? I want to stop by and get one, but have no idea what the procedure is.

I really want a scene with Chip & Dale :) My pass expires on the 4th so I'll be at the DTD line. I'll be there in the morning. Kinda bittersweet that this is the last PODM release. . .

For lonesome ghosts, I was able to go to pin traders in DTD (DLR) during my lunch break on the day of the release and pick up 2 decent scenes. No one was there and I was able to walk in, look at the different scenes, and purchase my 2 pins. Took me about 5 minutes, and I'm predicting that pluto's christmas will have a similar situation.

Maybe I will have a chance to make this my first PODM! :) <3 I would love to get one to commemorate my first year working at the Disney Store, seeing as the short is the "theme" in our stores this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back