• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Worried about Stitch DCL Pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried about Stitch DCL Pin?

PinPuff

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hi guys! :)

Lately I've been worried about one of my favorite pins I own, this one: [pinpics]88260[/pinpics]

Everything seems fine about it, but on the Pinpics description it says "no nubs", and mine has those. :eek: Well, I think.

Here is my pin:

Front
mljytl.jpg

Back, with what I think are the "nubs"?
1zr01z7.jpg

At first this seemed like some discoloration but after staring at the Pic at PinPics I'm pretty sure it's part of the pin
2pzi1z4.png

So, is it Real, Counterfeit, or a Scrapper? :eek:

I bought it off of eBay on the card, so I thought it was real all this time....):

If anyone could compare theirs with mine, that would be great! <3 I really love this pin and if it's fake, I gotta get on the hunt for a real one! :)

Thanks!

Pin on pin is almost never ever faked. Too expensive. Your pin looks fine. Sounds like whoever added this one to pinpics may have gotten caught up in the "nubs/no nubs" arguement that was going around some time ago. Nubs either present or missing are completely irrelevant to the legitimacy of pin. Nubs on one and not on the other is just a slight diffrrence in manufacturing. Possibly the machine ran out of pinback a and switched to b during that pin, or the mold changed, or what have you. But your pin looks fine.

Oh and by nubs people are usually referring to the tabs left on some pin posts but not others, about 1 mm away from the post itself. The other bumps are the rivets from the pin on pin process.

Thought i would clarify.

Last edited:
Pin on pin is almost never ever faked. Too expensive. Your pin looks fine. Sounds like whoever added this one to pinpics may have gotten caught up in the "nubs/no nubs" arguement that was going around some time ago. Nubs either present or missing are completely irrelevant to the legitimacy of pin. Nubs on one and not on the other is just a slight diffrrence in manufacturing. Possibly the machine ran out of pinback a and switched to b during that pin, or the mold changed, or what have you. But your pin looks fine.

Oh and by nubs people are usually referring to the tabs left on some pin posts but not others, about 1 mm away from the post itself. The other bumps are the rivets from the pin on pin process.

Thought i would clarify.

Thanks so much! <3 :) That's really relieving :D

Looks ok to me. The "nubs" on your pin are the connecting rivets for the pin on pin. Actual nubs are usually on either side of the post for stabilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back