• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Yet *another* BATB PODM question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet *another* BATB PODM question.
This release is beginning to look a lot like the DLR Haunted Mansion POH pin on 11-15-09. It's ironic, in an old Dizpins topic on that HM pin, a girl was also posing the question of what to do with her grandmother who had the same predicament. It's good to have some sort of game plan in mind and pose these types of questions to get some opinions. I only hope Disney doesn't try to "peacefully" merge several lines together which resulted in utter chaos at the HM poh release! Hopefully the different wristbands will prevent that! Not that I was involved in that mess. I got my 2 HM poh pins in the stand by line.

Right I didn't really expect 1pm pins available and I'm nowhere near a park so it doesn't really matter, but I don't get why people line up at 1am if it is a wristband system? As long as you get a wristband, it doesn't matter how far up in the line you were right? What time are people anticipating 500 people being in line by? Also, for a newbie the Disney web site is very misleading. It says you can't form a line before 6a.m. but it sounds like everyone here is ignoring that and expecting it not to be enforced.

The exact wording is "We kindly ask that Guests do not queue up behind Rainforest Cafe® until 6am."

I think people underestimate the number of pin traders with premium passes. The premiums get 20% and that is pretty huge when it comes to buying pins all the time. This year is the last year there will be as many, the huge price jack on passes I think will drop many down to deluxe. Everytime I go on a block-out date where only premium gets in I still see plenty of traders at the tables.
I think this release is getting a tad over-hyped. There is no reason to run there before 3am. The day after Thanksgiving over-eaters and exhausted cookers/cleaners will sleep in, many of the "flippers" will be in black friday lines or tired from waiting in a late thursday / midnight friday line. I think it's safe to push that to 4:30am for DTD wristbands (if you're willing to wait in the DTD buying line for 4.5 hours) or even 5:30-6am for premium passholders. I'd wager even a few passholders will probably be able to show right at 7am and there will still be wristbands left for LGM. There just aren't that many people willing to go before 5am. 5am I think is early to most, 4:45am is still stupid early to most. I bet we see a big flux of people at 5am.
Now, if I were running things, I'd note that premium is the only pass allowed in the parks and I'd put 500 pins at DTD, 350 at LGM, and 150 at Fly'n'Buy. Or some other weighted distribution seeing how most want DTD. Maybe 600 DTD, 250 LGM, 150 Fly'n'Buy. But that would be fair and Disney is never fair. I'd also have more than 1 register running and more than 1 station to look at 5 pins at DTD. I'd also have a few pre-bagged pairs where you don't get to look, you just buy and go. Many people would take that option to run to work or avoid the 3+ hour line. Just go up, buy, leave. No looking. It amazes me on the biggest release days they will ever have and they have people stocking shelves at 8am and not opening up their registers and more lines to look at pins. Logistical efficiency is not their forte.

Just an update, my grandma and I will be going at 2am together so the problem is solved :) This may seem silly to some but since she has to work it's preferable to be there as early as possible for her to, hopefully, be not so far back in the DTD line and thus hopefully get in and out quicker. Mark, I hope that you are right that this is being over hyped, that'd be a welcome surprise. Guess that come Friday we'll see. Good luck to everyone coming! We'll be bringing a big bunch of donuts from Winchell's to share with those around us :)

Last edited:
Just an update, my grandma and I will be going at 2am together so the problem is solved :) This may seem silly to some but since she has to work it's preferable to be there as early as possible for her to, hopefully, be not so far back in the DTD line and thus hopefully get in and out quicker. Mark, I hope that you are right that this is being over hyped, that'd be a welcome surprise. Guess that come Friday we'll see. Good luck to everyone coming! We'll be bringing a big bunch of donuts from Winchell's to share with those around us :)

I'll see you there. Belle is my favorite Disney princess so I really want this PODM more than any other. And I don't have a premium pass so my only chance is DTD.

So if you're going into the park, how do you know which wrist band to get? If you pick one store and they run out before your turn, are you allowed to go to the other one?

Also, what time does the parking structure open?

So if you're going into the park, how do you know which wrist band to get? If you pick one store and they run out before your turn, are you allowed to go to the other one?

They will not run out if you have a wristband. Downtown has 400 pins in turn will hand out 200 wristbands for that location. The other locations work the same way. If you have a wristband for a specific area, you will get your pin at that area. They will not give you pins at f&b if you have a lgm wristband.

Just a FYI for those planning on going into the parks: Friday will also be the first day for handmade candy canes this year. 120 wristbands are given out for that last year and this year that number may double or more since the candy kitchen on Main Street was recently expanded and DCA will also be making them. Looks like we'll have some competition getting past the front gates.

Last edited:
Just a FYI for those planning on going into the parks: Friday will also be the first day for handmade candy canes this year. 120 wristbands are given out for that last year and this year that number may double or more since the candy kitchen on Main Street was recently expanded and DCA will also be making them. Looks like we'll have some competition getting past the front gates.

Those candy canes are a pain in the *** to get. If you think people are crazy for pins you probably haven't tried to get those candy canes

They will not run out if you have a wristband. Downtown has 400 pins in turn will hand out 200 wristbands for that location. The other locations work the same way. If you have a wristband for a specific area, you will get your pin at that area. They will not give you pins at f&b if you have a lgm wristband.
Thanks; very good to know!

As for the parking structure, from what I can see on the DLR website, it will open 90 minutes before Disneyland Park does, because of the early entry at DCA. (Am I understanding that correctly? Can anyone verify? ) Will they let you park there without a hotel key card?

Thanks; very good to know!

As for the parking structure, from what I can see on the DLR website, it will open 90 minutes before Disneyland Park does, because of the early entry at DCA. (Am I understanding that correctly? Can anyone verify? ) Will they let you park there without a hotel key card?

For the structure, as long as you pay the $15, they will let anyone park there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back