• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zapped by Docfish!

ZAPPED! Zapped by Docfish!

Saphenous

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Friday my dad got the mail at our P.O. Box and said I had a package. When my dad got home and gave it to me I was all huh, weird. I opened it and to my surprise a HUGE blast of Bunny and Rat pins on my want list. <cry> I teared up, the thought that someone missed me on DPF, and noticed I haven't been around lately, and a lot of the pins I love showed up. I love them all so much Docfish thank you so much! I think I'm going to use some lock backs and put little pins on my lanyard that I wear to Disneyland. I keep my money and pass on me at all times and I don't really bother to decorate the lanyard because it gets heavy at some point, but I think if I just put the little ones on, I can sport my bunnies and rats that are 1 inch or smaller. I'll share a picture when I finish doing that today. It means so much to me that you pay attention to people being on the forum, and people that are hurting inside, people that love specific pins and you pay attention. Thank you.

A lot of you know I have lost all my pets in the last 2 months. My rabbit (Boomer) died in late Feb. 2014 (He was 9 and 1/2), and my rat (Artie) died May 6, 2014, he was very sick with pneumonia and was only a year and a half old. I have tried a few games to raise money for Artie's vet bills. Some people played and helped out majorly, a big thank you to Docfish for help with that also. A few days ago I wandered into a pet store just to see the cute fuzzy critters because you can sometimes see a glimpse of your lost babies (pets) in others. I was thinking about getting a hamster, when I held the baby ham it BIT ME...drew blood...so I was all ok that's a sign not to get a ham... then the store owner told me they just got some bunnies that were dropped off and abandoned. The owner couldnt' care for them and wasn't doing a good job for some time now. They were locked in a small cage and tossed food here and there. I looked at them knowing I couldn't get one, or I would be murdered by my parents... and yet I ended up taking the female home with me. I won the bunny war last night, both parents know about her and I can keep her as long as she's a cage bunny not a free range bunny like Boomer was. Boomer was in a cage maybe 5% of his life. This rabbit will be in her cage unless I'm playing with her. Plus, she's not potty trained. Boomer was. She has a HUGE 3 level cage, and toys, lots of food, snacks, and I play with her 5+ hours a day. I bring her to my room which is bunny proofed and she hops around.

I have named her Buneary (yeaaaaa you know where that's from...lol) I take her out to play with her and she goes crazy with the freedom, hopping all over, hiding, exploring, then she gets tired and passes out like that. Little bunny legs kicked out behind her.

Once again, thank you so much Docfish for the zap! Means so much to me. <hugs>

Thank you :) I don't think i can turn off the love for bunnies. I always want one but when boomer died I was in a stage of depression and missing him and didn't know what I wanted to do with all my bunny stuff. I have bunny dishes, figures, paintings, hats, toys, Easter x20..... It was like I was broken inside. All the bunny stuff made me hurt more. Until I got Buneary.

It was easy to notice you were not around. I was used to seeing you around here all the time. I knew about your bunny and feared for Artie. I am glad I could help you then and to zap you now. I hope you have many years with your new bunny!!!

What a sweet bunny! I'd love a house bunny but my partner is allergic :( So so sorry to hear about Artie and Boomer, I hope you have many happy years with Buneary :)

Congrats on the awesome zap too!

Congratulations on your wonderful zap but more-so on your wonderful new friend! I love bunnies! They are so soft!

Thank you so much you guys.

@Ammonite sorry you can't get one. Maybe get something else? I think it's important to have fur children. My parents not so much, but me... YES.

I'm so sorry you've gone thru such a difficult time, but soooo happy you found a new furry snuggle bunny!! She looks right at home. Congrats on the zaps too!!

I'm sorry about Boomer and Artie, losing a pet can be devastating, but I'm happy to here that you have Buneary who will fill a new place in your heart, she is beautiful. And congratulations on your new pins. With your bunny love I would really enjoy seeing your collection, I'm sure we all would.

I'm sorry to hear about your other pets passing. My pet rabbit passed away this last Feb as well. Congrats on the zap and congrats on your new bunny girl. She is beautiful! :)

I'm sorry for your loss @thealyssadon. It hurts for months. Maybe even years. I was close with my 2nd rabbit.

Ty on the new bun. I have my work cut out for me. She's afraid of so many things. She does let me touch her, and pet, pick up. She sometimes grunts at me. Looks like her previous owners didn't give her a water bottle. She doesn't know how to use one. Lucky for me I caught on after 2 days. She had a little water in my room in those 2 days from a tupawear lid in my room. She now has a troff in my room. As well as a cage clip cup like you would give a bird. She can't tip it. She gets 5-8 hours of play time in my room. I take her for car rides often.

I hope you cAn open your heart open to a new bun. Maybe adopt. Lots of abandoned and neglected Easter rabbits. This one had 2 inch long nails when I got her... poor bun

Back