• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zapped from Across the Pond! D8

ZAPPED! Zapped from Across the Pond! D8

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Goodness gracious! Were MaryScribbles and I in for a surprise today!

Some time ago (I guess two weeks now), I posted in a thread lamenting the fact that I couldn't order any UK or Paris pins because I live in the States. Well, not 10 minutes after that post did I get a message from Xanaduhaz saying that she would be ~more~ than happy to order UK pins for me and ship them (with me providing all cost, of course). Needless to say, I was very excited! So I scoured the UK pin store and noticed several pins that were definitely piquing my interest. Not the least of which was a grail for MaryScribbles! Well, after some deliberation, I decided on my pin and we placed our order for Pocahontas and Waterfall (91169) for Mary and Aladdin 20th Anniversary (93579) for myself.

Well, after the standard shipping time (i.e. FOREVER!!), the pins finally arrived today! But I noticed the package was a little bigger than I thought necessary. OH WELL! :D

So I cracked that sucker open and out popped Aladdin and Pocahontas! :D Huzzah! Oh they're so pretty! But wait? What's this? A card? Hrm, that's strang----a;alksdjf;alkjsf;hnqv na;isdfj;sadhq;aslkvnasgas;dfhAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-25_zps591aa121.jpg

THAT SNEAKY SO AND SO ZAPPED US TWO LIMITED EDITION PINS!!!!!! D8!!!!! The Wreck it Ralph (94326) for Mary and the Robin Hood Puppet Show (88269)!!!!

Now, I had expressed interest in BOTH of those pins! The Ralph one to buy and hold on to for a trade or zap to Mary at some point (as Ralph is really her baby more than mine) if she wanted it (but I was TOTALLY happy holding on to it!) and lamented the fact that I had missed the boat on the Puppet Show! I have a thing for hyper-specific-moments-in-time pin and that is one of my favorite parts of the movie! But darn, it's LE 150! It totally sold out and the best I could do was put it on my Most Wanted Banner...

AND THEN SHE GOES AND ZAPS US BOTH OF THEM!!! D8

I cannot WAIT to wear my Puppet Show pin to class some day! Next time I wear Green! :D And I know Mary is beyond excited for her Ralph zap!

So not only did we get two pins that we're both super excited about (Pokie as a Grail for Mary and Aladdin Anniversary because I lurve Aladdin), but we also got some breathtaking zaps!

Thank you SOOOO much, Xanaduhaz! I dub you, Lady Xanaduhaz, the Zapping Queen of England! <3

~Merlin

Last edited:
And a super big thanks from me too! I was so excited to see Ralph! :) and I have loved this Pocahontas pin since I first saw it on Pinpics. It reminds me of one of my favorite moments from the movie (how loud are the drums of waaaar)!

Thank you so much!

That is so nice for both of you. You two are turning out to be very popular here!!! Way to jump right in. Congratulations!!!

Daww! Thanks so much David! :D It's easy to jump in when there are so many awesome people to get to know! ^0^

~Merlin

You know it can be tough when you first start if you are not an outgoing personality. But as soon as you realize the people here are mostly nice (well except for maybe that grailslayer guy) it does become pretty easy to join in and have a great time!!!

You know it can be tough when you first start if you are not an outgoing personality. But as soon as you realize the people here are mostly nice (well except for maybe that grailslayer guy) it does become pretty easy to join in and have a great time!!!
Yep. Gotta watch for that one.:suspect:

Ohh congratulations! :) They are really cute pins, I have never seen the robin hood one before.

If you ever need a UK contact again, shoot me a pm :)

Back