• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

3/28 DLR PTN pin (Anna) for 4/22 WDW PTN pin (Elsa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/28 DLR PTN pin (Anna) for 4/22 WDW PTN pin (Elsa)
When I went to the PTN in DL last March, they sold the PTN pins at the Kiosk the morning of the PTN. However, they did NOT bring them to the PTN night to sell. They left them at the Kiosk and sold them the next day until they ran out. I hope this helps...

Thanks...that makes sense. I've never been to the actual event before, just to buy the pins at DTD.

I too would be open to joining in on an Elsa trade forum. I plan on being there and really hope (fingers, toes, everything crossed!) to get an Anna or two.

I may take the trip to WDW to get the Elsa PTN if the date is feasible... So I won't commit right now, but if I get them, I'll be willing to trade. So save your extra just in case!!

I was trying to find out anything about a PTN at WDW surfing the net. Nothing on a PTN as of yet but a Jessica PTN showed up under WDW TBA. They didn't show any other. They probably don't want to cause a stampede. But I am going to have a suitcase and pin book packed just in case it's the end of April or beginning of May. I'm heading to my friends house and 3 of us will be going. Cindy will get an Anna & Elsa. I'll get an Elsa and I should have a few left over. If it works out as planned, I will help members on west coast.

An Elsa PTN would be lovely here at WDW, but with my luck the PTN here will be when I'm at Disneyland in April :p

Seriously...if Elsa does happen, I'm all for figuring out some carpool ride where a bunch of us around the NJ, NY area just carpool down to FL together. It's a 16 hour drive, about $200-300 worth of gas, but split it and for the Elsa pins (if Anna sold for $150 on eBay, Elsa being more popular would do higher O_O) I'd consider it (given my class schedule didn't royally screw this up @_@).

Seriously...if Elsa does happen, I'm all for figuring out some carpool ride where a bunch of us around the NJ, NY area just carpool down to FL together. It's a 16 hour drive, about $200-300 worth of gas, but split it and for the Elsa pins (if Anna sold for $150 on eBay, Elsa being more popular would do higher O_O) I'd consider it (given my class schedule didn't royally screw this up @_@).

Rent a van and take 10 people!

I'd be lying if I haven't considered it. If only finding 9 other people were that easy (I have 1 other person!) :D

If I had not just done this trip in October with my BFF and his mother, I'd almost be crazy enough to add myself to the list. It wasn't awful, but I still think I'd rather just pay $400 on eBay. :p (Not really. But pretty close.)

If I had not just done this trip in October with my BFF and his mother, I'd almost be crazy enough to add myself to the list. It wasn't awful, but I still think I'd rather just pay $400 on eBay. :p (Not really. But pretty close.)

:lol: Care to explain why it was so bad (or not worth it?) I'd only go if I could get a lot because I would expect Elsa to not go over $200 so I could buy 2 for the price of driving there and back and avoid the 32 hour drive...

If this happens, ahahha I would totally take a seat in the vehicle going down.

:lol: Care to explain why it was so bad (or not worth it?) I'd only go if I could get a lot because I would expect Elsa to not go over $200 so I could buy 2 for the price of driving there and back and avoid the 32 hour drive...

I'm not sure I can explain it. Like I said, it wasn't awful. We took turns driving, we were on 95 basically the whole way so there was a fair amount of "open road" to just drive on (aside from MD and DC, but you know to expect that), and we had access to Starbucks and clean restrooms along the way. (Seriously, that is my road trip hot tip: If you need a bathroom break, find the Starbucks. They have a superior quality public restroom AND you can get a delicious beverage and snack too! :p) But somehow, I was just not refreshed and "ready to go" when we got there. It took most of the (nonrelaxing) week at Disney to unwind, and when it was time to get back in the car, I wished I could do a Bewitched nose-wrinkle and just zap myself home. We did the return trip in one day just because we all wanted to get home and sleep in our own beds. And again, we had a week in between. To do "there and back again" in two days, say, would probably kill me. But it has been many a year since I was in college, so I'm not as young and spry as I used to be, either.

I will say that by driving I was able to raid DTD of every possible piece of AiW merch and just stuff it in the back of the car without worrying about packing, weight limits, baggage fees, etc. (My friend's mother and I agreed that if we got tight on space, we would leave my friend behind or tie him to the roofrack. She loves me more than him, ha ha!) Which maybe backfired, because I came back very poor. But very happy.

I'm not sure I can explain it. Like I said, it wasn't awful. We took turns driving, we were on 95 basically the whole way so there was a fair amount of "open road" to just drive on (aside from MD and DC, but you know to expect that), and we had access to Starbucks and clean restrooms along the way. (Seriously, that is my road trip hot tip: If you need a bathroom break, find the Starbucks. They have a superior quality public restroom AND you can get a delicious beverage and snack too! :p) But somehow, I was just not refreshed and "ready to go" when we got there. It took most of the (nonrelaxing) week at Disney to unwind, and when it was time to get back in the car, I wished I could do a Bewitched nose-wrinkle and just zap myself home. We did the return trip in one day just because we all wanted to get home and sleep in our own beds. And again, we had a week in between. To do "there and back again" in two days, say, would probably kill me. But it has been many a year since I was in college, so I'm not as young and spry as I used to be, either.

I will say that by driving I was able to raid DTD of every possible piece of AiW merch and just stuff it in the back of the car without worrying about packing, weight limits, baggage fees, etc. (My friend's mother and I agreed that if we got tight on space, we would leave my friend behind or tie him to the roofrack. She loves me more than him, ha ha!) Which maybe backfired, because I came back very poor. But very happy.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back