• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anyone interested in a co-op for the designer princesses?

Not at $1200, don't do it! It will just hike the going price more, if we are patient we can get a deal like the one that sold recently for under $900.

I totally agree. At some point even this seller will come down or they won't sell their pins. As buyers you have the power to determine the price, if you don't give in to overpriced items than they'll come down eventually. It just takes a little patience and unless you're on your deathbed you have the time. :)

Someone has a bunch of individual ones on eBay right now, and i have been watching just to see if they would list them all, but since then, they have raised the prices by a lot more than they originally had them. They had Rapunzel for $255 but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much, and someone bought it shortly after it was listed. I think this just shows that people are really in a frenzy to get these and sellers know that :anxious: So when they're one of the few sources, they're gonna price them how they wish. So I think if we all wait it out, they will start to be the desperate ones to try and get these sold. They're not kidding when they say patience is a virtue though... :facepalm: Why is it so hard?? Ugh!

Someone has a bunch of individual ones on eBay right now, and i have been watching just to see if they would list them all, but since then, they have raised the prices by a lot more than they originally had them. They had Rapunzel for $255 but I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much, and someone bought it shortly after it was listed. I think this just shows that people are really in a frenzy to get these and sellers know that :anxious: So when they're one of the few sources, they're gonna price them how they wish. So I think if we all wait it out, they will start to be the desperate ones to try and get these sold. They're not kidding when they say patience is a virtue though... :facepalm: Why is it so hard?? Ugh!

Yep. Totally agree with this comment. People who are desperate usually ruin it for everyone else. Unfortunately, thats the way this hobby works. $255 for designer rapunzel!?! Thats waaaayyy to much! about $75 over what people should pay maximum!

In the long run though it hurts the buyer more than anything, because if they pay $255 for the pin..deep down they'll want to trade it for $255 dollars worth of pins u know? I try to find the best deals for rare pins! Oh well!

Yep. Totally agree with this comment. People who are desperate usually ruin it for everyone else. Unfortunately, thats the way this hobby works. $255 for designer rapunzel!?! Thats waaaayyy to much! about $75 over what people should pay maximum!

In the long run though it hurts the buyer more than anything, because if they pay $255 for the pin..deep down they'll want to trade it for $255 dollars worth of pins u know? I try to find the best deals for rare pins! Oh well!

I know, it's so sad :(
I'm still looking for a set to do a co-op with but they won't bring their prices down, $1250 is waaaaaay to much in my opinion, and the seller says this is the lowest he/she can get for this set.... WOW!

I agree that $255 for one pin is waaay too high, but here is a bit of perspective in terms of numbers:

- LE 1000 with 9 people trading and 230 people wanting - sold on Ebay for $199 auction style on July 28th

is LE 250, 2 people trading and 170 people wanting.

Latest I have seen this pin was on DPF offered for $240 although I do not know the actual sale price.

is LE 150 - that is 900 pins less than the opening day pin and 100 pins less than the compact pin.

8 people trading and 248 people wanting. Plus it is a part of a set released during an event.

I can not afford paying that much for any of these pins, but if the first one merits $199 and the compact merits $240, then the pricing for the designer pin is not that outrageous IMO.

Disclaimer: I do not have any of these pins for sale or trade, just wanted to present you the numbers. Best of luck to those who are searching for these pins :)

I can not afford paying that much for any of these pins, but if the first one merits $199 and the compact merits $240, then the pricing for the designer pin is not that outrageous IMO.

I don't think the first or second ones merit those prices either. I think it's the same desperation there that Catburger was talking about.

Geez $1,250 is so high! I want to buy that Snow White for $115 but...I'm trying hard not to cave.
Also, I'm not starting a co-op or anything but I was curious and divided the prices to see why it cost so much and my assumption is this:
-----------------
At $1,250
Rapunzel $485

Mulan 85
Belle 85
Cindy 85
Jasmine 85
Tiana 85
Ariel 85
Aurora 85
Snow 85
Pocah 85​
-----------------
At $1,250
Rapunzel $440

Mulan 90
Belle 90
Cindy 90
Jasmine 90
Tiana 90
Ariel 90
Aurora 90
Snow 90
Pocah 90
-----------------
At $1,250
Rapunzel $395

Mulan 95
Belle 95
Cindy 95
Jasmine 95
Tiana 95
Ariel 95
Aurora 95
Snow 95
Pocah 95​
-----------------
At $1,250
Rapunzel $350

Mulan 100
Belle 100
Cindy 100
Jasmine 100
Tiana 100
Ariel 100
Aurora 100
Snow 100
Pocah 100
-----------------
At $1,250
Rapunzel $305

Mulan 105
Belle 105
Cindy 105
Jasmine 105
Tiana 105
Ariel 105
Aurora 105
Snow 105
Pocah 105​
-----------------
At $1,250
Rapunzel $260

Mulan 110
Belle 110
Cindy 110
Jasmine 110
Tiana 110
Ariel 110
Aurora 110
Snow 110
Pocah 110​

Otherwise dividing $1,250 by 10 pins = 125 ea which is just as ridiculous! Really hope they go down eventually.

Nekov, for the full set, not co-op, but the full set ... you have to take the value of the box and certificate into account. I believe earlier co-ops here from last summer used to also sell the box for $20-$25 something like that.

For anyone who wants the full set in a proper way, it is not complete w/o the box and cert.

Nekov, for the full set, not co-op, but the full set ... you have to take the value of the box and certificate into account. I believe earlier co-ops here from last summer used to also sell the box for $20-$25 something like that.

For anyone who wants the full set in a proper way, it is not complete w/o the box and cert.

Wasn't talking about the "full set". I was talking about the prices if the pins were split for a co-op, but ok, if you want to get technical take w/e the price is per box and cert out of the prices from Rapunzel. There ya go! Still expensive. :)

I totally agree that it is expensive, no contest on that. But now I see a Rapunzel on its own for $325. And we were thinking $255 is outrageous :lol:

haven't you told us you have ALL of em already Marissa?

that is not very nice Rob! sold several of my pins for dad's cancer surgery if you must know why I dont have very many pins anymore! :(
I have been selling pins and have been able to buy back some of the pins I want. Would rather have all my designers and some Rapunzels back.

that is not very nice Rob! sold several of my pins for dad's cancer surgery if you must know why I dont have very many pins anymore! :(
I have been selling pins and have been able to buy back some of the pins I want. Would rather have all my designers and some Rapunzels back.

It was a simple question, that meant no disrespect :) . Just curious because if my memory serves me right..we were asking to work out a trade with you in regards to some of these desinger princesses. Oh well! Hope you get ALLL of your pins back!

The current Rapunzel on the bay, the lowest they'll go is $275...I could have done $250 but even then that's ridiculous. So if anyone absolutely has to have her now, you'll know the accepted offer is for $275. *sigh* So expensive ;_;

Back