• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF Gold Accounts

Would a DPF Gold account interest you?

• Total voters
DPF Gold Accounts
While I'm not really against it persay, I will say that it would be best to enhance features rather than reward exclusive treatment via a nongold member. Personally, the option of enabling mobile is something to take into consideration me getting this. Stuff like raffles or giveaways would be cool, and limited storage is another factor that is somewhat already practiced; by the way, I probably don't need my murder mystery pics clogging up your server, you should really post a tutorial on image hosting. Locked down access to parts of the forums/chat though may encourage an inclusive making new/old members feel left out.

This x 1,000

I am sooo for this . . . . I don't think that anyone would look down upon non gold members . . . I know I wouldn't! I just want a bigger inbox and signature space for more clickable images - not necessarily huge pics!!! :0) And if anyone can't afford it maybe your could trade pins for someone to pay your fee :0)

I voted yes, but the rewards don't affect me that much anyway. I'm not too fussed about bigger PM space. I like the idea for bigger avatar, signature space as I like to customize my settings alot.

I would absolutely vote YES to a fee for features like a bigger inbox, uploading photos, etc.

BUT - I would absolutely vote NO to Gold-only forums, chat, etc - even though the majority of people would not 'look down' on the non-Gold members, I think that route would inevitably break down the overall comraderie that exists now, by creating a two-tier system when it comes to your status on the forum (rather than just paying a fee to off-set the costs of some peripheral perks like a bigger inbox). I would also be concerned about an area of unmoderated threads - I've seen the mods shut down a number of threads for the good of the community, and I've always agreed with their decisions to do so. It's just so easy for well-meaning people with valid concerns to end up misunderstanding each other and taking offence when they're typing rather than speaking face-to-face (it can happen to all of us)...sometimes a thread needs to be shut down just so everyone steps back and takes a deep breath...

Just my two cents...

I voted yes, but would like to give feedback based on stuff I see from other forums.

-Browse DPF Advertisement Free
* The only ad I ever see is the one on the bottom. Doesnt really bother me, but I suppose it may help in loading on mobile a bit faster :) (I dont use forum runner)

-Double File Size for your Avatar, Profile Picture, and Signature
*I do like this, mainly because some complicated signatures can be pretty big in image size :(

-Gold Forums (Forums just for Gold Members)
*I dont think this would really work as well as hoped. Being a member on another site that gives users levels based on how much they contribute to the forum, the level only chats in the higher levels are completely dead. Not that many people are interested in using them since most of the chatting goes on in regular "free" forums

-More PM Box space
*Yes Please 0_o

-Gold Members Lounge in Chatroom
*Same as the gold forums. And if something needs to be said to a select few, just PM it :p

I voted yes, because I am DYING for more PM space LOL! :)

However, I would say that it wouldn't be fair to make attachments DPF gold member only, because that's already free on the forum now... also, like everyone else, not sure how the chatroom would work... but this sounds like an awesome idea! :)

images

Is there a minimum age requirement?

Yes, all DPF Gold members must be a minimum of 18 years old.

Back