• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Surprise Brave Mother's Day and Jessica Calendar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$T2eC16RHJIQE9qUHsjdPBRiTmwzTJg~~60_57.JPG
Courtesy of Ebay :)

I don't get it all these Brave Mother's Day pins. Merida didn't even like her mom

mother/daughter relationships are very complex, and Brave really showed that. I think thats why people feel strongly about the Brave Mother's Day pins.

It's cute but too bad it has writing on it. That kills it for me. :/

I don't get it all these Brave Mother's Day pins. Merida didn't even like her mom

Time for someone to re-watch Brave!
Its not that she didn't like her mom, its that the two lacked understanding of one another. The film is entirely centered around their fractured relationship.
"Fate be changed, look inside, mend the bond torn by pride" does not refer to the tapestry, it refers to Merida and Elinor's relationship. Even when the tapestry is mended, Elinor remains a bear, because Merida had still failed to "look inside". Only when she admitted her wrongdoings and apologized did Elinor return to herself. It took a lot for both of them to finally understand one another. To me, the movie perfectly depicts what mother-daughter relationships are, and what they can become if both parties fail to take the time to understand each other. :) Hence all the Mother's Day pins!

The one per person, for the Mother's Day pin, really ups the difficulty level to try and help other collectors. I really hate to beat a dead horse, but DSF really needs to consider that low LE alone is not driving pin sales. Their designs are driving pin sales and upping the LE size will not detrimentally lower demand. This is another that could have easily been an LE 1000 and allowed two per person. Then it would be easier for people to help others get this particular pin.

I wonder what the next PTD is gonna be? This one is definitely gonna finish up within a day, esp if its 2 per person. I think we can all expect more Toy Story since the GM said the only direction he gives regarding what characters is that they collectively 'tell a story'. Such a Disney answer. Haha. I'd love to see a Lotso or Mr Pricklepants holding an ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back