• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ever feel like your in a Trading slump ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever feel like your in a Trading slump ?

Tabbikat2219

BANNED
Rating - 99.1%
210   2   0
Okay I am sure this happens to everyone but I am in a trading slump :( I cant seem to get any of my harder to find pins and they aren't even selling them on ebay. This always leads to me starting a new series to collect. A month ago I had grail's coming in left and right now nothing. Its depressing lol Iam also needing like one pin to complete my holidaze collection and just cant seem to get it.

Oh, Yeah, totally understand. I'm beginning to think Halloween pins are a rare thing for people to have. :( But, remember, patience is a virtue -- and I may be on the verge of st. hood. :lol:

I had 3 of my top 10 most wanted arrive in February but nothing this month. Really struggling to find trades - so please check out my traders everyone!! :)

I know how you feel Tabbi and I hope you pull out of it soon!! :)

Trading for harder pins has been a lot more difficult lately. Trades for easy pins are always out there, but not harder ones so I feel your pain. I've come to a screetching hault on the DA Stitch hunt as far as trading goes. I've been having to buy lately and even in the last couple of days I can't even find anything to buy! Here are aaalllll the trade requests I sent out last night and I'm doubtful any trades will come of them:

Sent 27 request(s) to xxx
Sent 1 request(s) to xxx
Sent 3 request(s) to xxx
Sent 49 request(s) to xxx
Sent 9 request(s) to xxx
Sent 1 request(s) to xxx
Sent 6 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 17 request(s) to xxx
Sent 7 request(s) to xxx
Sent 25 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 3 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 3 request(s) to xxx
Sent 5 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 39 request(s) to xxx
Sent 18 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 21 request(s) to xxx
Sent 5 request(s) to xx
rSent 5 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 13 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 11 request(s) to xxx
Sent 9 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 1 request(s) to xxx
Sent 1 request(s) to xxx

Sometimes you just hit this gridlock of pin trading. Of the people who have what you want, you don't have anything they want and nodody else has the pins that they want and so on and so on. Sucks. :(

Last edited:
I know how you feel, I tried sending out a few trade requests and haven't gotten anything back. Granted I know my traders aren't anything special, I'm open to any trades :)

I've just been purchasing most of my pins. I've yet to have a trade via pinpics, which is fine because I love trading with dpf members :)

Trading for harder pins has been a lot more difficult lately. Trades for easy pins are always out there, but not harder ones so I feel your pain. I've come to a screetching hault on the DA Stitch hunt as far as trading goes. I've been having to buy lately and even in the last couple of days I can't even find anything to buy! Here are aaalllll the trade requests I sent out last night and I'm doubtful any trades will come of them:

Sent 27 request(s) to xxx
Sent 1 request(s) to xxx
Sent 3 request(s) to xxx
Sent 49 request(s) to xxx
Sent 9 request(s) to xxx
Sent 1 request(s) to xxx
Sent 6 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 17 request(s) to xxx
Sent 7 request(s) to xxx
Sent 25 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 3 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 3 request(s) to xxx
Sent 5 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 39 request(s) to xxx
Sent 18 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 21 request(s) to xxx
Sent 5 request(s) to xx
rSent 5 request(s) to xxx
Sent 4 request(s) to xxx
Sent 13 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 11 request(s) to xxx
Sent 9 request(s) to xxx
Sent 2 request(s) to xxx
Sent 1 request(s) to xxx
Sent 1 request(s) to xxx

Sometimes you just hit this gridlock of pin trading. Of the people who have what you want, you don't have anything they want and nodody else has the pins that they want and so on and so on. Sucks. :(
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now that is a lot of requests! I hope you received at least 1 response!

Well, with my trade post...not this week. But I fear that I am approaching a trading lull. I've been flying through my better traders with rapid pace. What will be left, I'm not sure will lead to much trading. But I hope it will only be temporary. I have a WDW trip planned in May, and hope to refresh with some good stuff.

Also, when I come back from the trip, I am going to start trading on my Dad's behalf. I'll be creating a DPF.com ID attached to his trades and wants. I'll do the negotiating, but he'll do the sending and receiving. Maybe he'll have some stuff people want. He's been auditing his pins for the first time, in a couple years and is almost finished.

:(I wish I could help but I have nothing that you need.
I find I have weeks like you are experiencing and then all of a sudden things change:x::x::x: hopefully it will pick up soon

I have had problems with sending requests for one pin and then people counter offer to trade for a totally different trade - which is sometimes ok but sometimes I want to say - what about the pin I asked you for?!?!?!?!

Maybe i'm too picky but I have a hard time finding Jasmine pins especially my HG's. I also went to a trading event and there was no Jasmine pins to trade ... though I did end up buying a pin.

LOL I can't seem to trade for even the easy pins on my wants these days, much less my harder ones.

I rely on the kindness of DPFers and other traders I know to occasionally find something I'm looking for but I'm getting close to giving up on trying to trade entirely and selling all of my traders and just buying what I'm looking for.

Ive reached that conclusion this past week.

it just seems like people want more for what your offering,i had one pin pics person say she wanted 2 le pins for a 300 le when the pin i was offering was already an le 300 plus a cast exclusive.i just dont get it what happend to fair trading?

I dunno... its kind of hard to feel bad about not being able to trade for pins that I am wanting when all those poor people in Japan are suffering right now.

+1 BIG TIME. I just came back from doing a fundraiser for the people of Japan. Made sushi and sold it at the almond festival today :) Made a ton of money for the cause. I hope it helps.

Last edited:
it just seems like people want more for what your offering,i had one pin pics person say she wanted 2 le pins for a 300 le when the pin i was offering was already an le 300 plus a cast exclusive.i just dont get it what happend to fair trading?

I agree with you Bread. I think sometimes people don't understand that they offer really uneven trades. I understand the want for older pins, but how is offering someone a newer pin that one can still buy and then get asked 2 Disney Auction pins in return. Not just any DA pins, but those of a really popular character. I'm all about helping fellow members and I don't mind loosing out a bit as long as I know it's a fair trade. I've learned this over time: it's about the quality of the pins, not the quantity. I've had a few traders get really upset, and I remember threw a fit just because I wouldnt trade a pin that has almost 300 people wanting and only 9 trading for 8 Le2000 pins that i could easily buy. Then they go about saying I'm being unfair, or that all of us are being unfair. If someone doesn't want to trade, then so be it :) I respect that. I've offered some really old DA LE100 pins for newer jessicas and I'm told "while you are offering amazing pins, I want to hold on to it for a little while longer and see if i can get a grail with it". Why should I get upset over that? You always have to respect traders opinion no matter how badly you want a pin. Not stop talking to them.

I agree with you kidup. Just because someone has a pin I really, really want, does not obligate them to trade with me. Trading is supposed to be fun. So, you don't trade for the pin you want this time. Next time might bring you a windfall. :)

You have such amazing pins up for trade. Lol, it doesn't leave the rest of us with much hope if you can't get the pins you want with such awesome traders.

Okay I am sure this happens to everyone but I am in a trading slump :( I cant seem to get any of my harder to find pins and they aren't even selling them on ebay. This always leads to me starting a new series to collect. A month ago I had grail's coming in left and right now nothing. Its depressing lol Iam also needing like one pin to complete my holidaze collection and just cant seem to get it.

Now you know how I feel and have felt for over a YEAR!!! Even getting a rack pin (old one) is hard. I'll send out some requests for your pin and let you now if I get any takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back