• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: FINAL HOURS - Designer Villains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: FINAL HOURS - Designer Villains
I have a question... how did everyone know that the disney store released the designer villains? Is there an online site that gives you the heads up on upcoming disney pins that the disney store will release and when? I cannot seem to find anything online. I did find upcoming releases for DLR but nothing for the disney store. Please help?????????

No.... They don't really pre-announce anything. Sometimes out super sleuths can find information online that hasn't been published yet, but that didn't happen with this release. Personally, I was getting phone calls at 3am to wake up and purchase. (Thanks west coast friends!!)

ok so just catching up with this thread and I must say . . . the actual auction ended on pg 13 and then the winners minus one that is still TBD was page 15 and then just 5.5 pages of spam? No offense but I think this kind ruins the intergity of breaking the record.....

We were all just having fun and games, whether or not they count the fun as part of their total post count is up to them. Plus in all reality, it's a post count, a silly record which they OBVIOUSLY DESTROYED, there isn't really anything to be upset over.

why am I the only one you called crazy? Kupo and Amy were just as guilty of thread bombing.....

WHAT?!?!? I WOULD NEV....I have no idea what you are talking about...now good day! I SAID GOOD DAY!!!!!!

ok so just catching up with this thread and I must say . . . the actual auction ended on pg 13 and then the winners minus one that is still TBD was page 15 and then just 5.5 pages of spam? No offense but I think this kind ruins the intergity of breaking the record.....

It was just for fun as Romancing_Train said, and if people get angry over breaking records then we can easily just only count the posts up until the auction ended, since the drama aspect shouldn't have been here either and thus shouldn't count since it should have been brought to a different thread in the "Discussion" section :)

Personally, I was getting phone calls at 3am to wake up and purchase. (Thanks west coast friends!!)

Grim, I live on the east coast too, do you think there is anyway I could give you my number and perhaps you could call me when this occurs? I don't mean to sound like a burden, but it would be really helpful if I had someone who was also into pin trading and I just figured east coasters helping each other out :) I can PM you about it if you are okay with it.

any way i could get on a phone list too? lol i'd love to be able to have a chance to buy pins like this too when they get released. =) someone let me know, and i'll PM you my phone #. I'm a west coaster, just as a side note.

I UPLOADED HER PHOTOS FOR HER

EDD6C7D2-20DD-4657-A480-DF6598896630-5775-000002322FB6E710.jpg

91A464ED-EEED-4D65-B145-8F55DBE7AF79-9567-0000045381CA4BF5.jpg

Winning bid for Cruella.

Sorry for the delay, thanks for your patience!

Well now that this is finally over....

I would like to thank you all for soo many wonderful bids and for your participation in this auction...

I am sorry for soo much confusion and technical issues we had to overcome during this auction (We will just say this was the first time learning curve)...

We at least learned a few things...

1. Dual auctioneers - Although fun and adds a little twist... Just not very practical to do... Probably will not do that again... If I do it will not be for multiple pins, perhaps some new release that someone would like to have an auctioneers duel with would work... We'll see about that...

2. In-Auction Co-Op's - I think this in itself added a great option to those just wanting a single pin out of set of pins... Also allowed for a fun group effort to take on some of the bigger guns... I will do this type of thing again...

3. Leader Boards - Though not required are very crucial to the overall Auction itself... I will work harder to be sure to plan my ending times better so not to miss the last hours of the auction when this is most important... I apologize for the frustration this caused many of you.

4. Records - These are just stupid things I make up, which probably means nothing to anyone but myself... There are no official DPF Record Books... I make these silly things up just for more attention... There... I admitted it... I am an attention junkie and I can never get enough of it... The official count I will personally use for this auction is... 400 replies and 10,000 views in 7 days... all the other stuff had little bearing on the auction itself... So that is my next mark to beat on a 7 day auction(Which I will never do again... Too Long)... I do plan on setting the mark for 24 hour, 48 hour, and 72 hour auctions in the near future with items I have in mind to put up on the Goofy Auction Block... Bwahaha

5. Star Ratings - LOL... I just learned about these and now see this has a very low rating... I am sorry this did not turn out the way some of us may have wanted, but I will say I did try my best to make it go smoothly and hopefully in the future, my auctions will not be dis-liked as much as I will strive to make the Goofy Aucion House the best there is on DPF...

Again thank you for your patience and understanding as well as your participation in the Goofy Auctions...

I think someone gave it a one to mess with you. I gave it a 5star. :)

After figuring out what these are... I will never pay any attention to them... they are used mostly by the cowards who are afraid to actually post a negative comment with their name attached beside it... It is for the children of the forum to use I think... But thanks for the positive rating... I care much more about the individuals who will post a comment of true concern on the thread itself... If anybody has one please let me know, I do want to have the best auctions on DPF and if there is way to do it better, I want to hear your thoughts on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back