• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Im leaving the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im leaving the forum

Stitch2814

#1 Kevin Fan
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Ok Ive just about had enough of this forum with all the so called hatred towards me for some unknown reason. I apparently cant have my own opinion where as others who constantly moan and put others down can??

Somehow there has been people that just dont like me for whatever reason and have told others not to deal with me or not to talk to me etc or so I have been told. I was told I force my collection into other peoples faces and that I am a 'show off' for pins I have obtained when all I merely do is show what I get.

I just read a comment regarding myself after I made a comment in someones thread (I wasnt judging I was simply voicing my opinion) and I am supposedly SOOO bad on this forum Im now classed as Notorious.. (see whole comment below)

and of course the notorious "always speak my mind as if anyone cares" stitch2814, while I slept last night

Well I have had enough of the bull so if anyone would want to tell me whats their problem with me?? I actually ask ALL people who dont like me to come forward and actually POST and tell me whats their problem.

I will be sending PMs to all that I am dealing with at the moment in time with my email as I no longer feel like I want to be on a forum where there is an underground group of people spreading stuff and making me look like a bad person when all I have ever done is try to help out others where I can.

Thanks everyone for all the great trades and purchases I have made while I have been on the forum but I simply can not tolerate and crap spoken about me when it simply is not true.

Last edited:
Oh dear. I do not think that you should leave the forum, why should you? There has been a lot of hatred and negativity on this forum the past few months and I cannot understand why. I do not think you are opinionated nor a 'show off'. I think you should change your decision, don't let the 'bullies' get to you. Stand up and fight. Do not leave.

For crying out loud people. STOP acting like children. Its like being back at secondary school. Stitch2814 stay on the site. Everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion, yes not everyone is going to agree with it. So long as it isn't done offensively then hey. If everyone agreed on the same thing then the world would be a boring place. I don't know you but you obviously contribute a lot to this site and if you leave then they will win and that's not right.

I am nowhere near as active as many of you so I don't knowbthe history here. But I hate to hear that there is bullying anywhere.

Just do what I do and ignore pathetic people that have to gossip and talk behind people's backs :( it's sad what some people are like think of the Disney magic people :)

P.s Danny does awesome trades just to help other traders out! He has helped me out a couple of times and he gives pins out randomly to non pin traders to get them into trading! For a person who apparently flawnts his collection accualy has a good heart maybe some one has got the wrong end of the stick??

Last edited:
Oh for God's sake , don't let that one comment make you quit . You offended leo with your comment on the price of his pins . Something I am guilty of in other sales post . We just need to learn that if we do not like someone else's price to move on and keep our thoughts to ourselves, but don't leave . I've never had a problem with you . A matter of fact, I think this is the first time I ever saw you on DPF .

Stitch2814,

Let me *disclaimer* this post by saying that I have traded with you once or twice, and it was a pleasant experience and I do not have anything against you and hope you stick around. :)

With that said...it seemed to me that you were basically calling someone on this forum that is selling the D23 Princess set a scalper because he was charging an inflated price and bought multiple sets (which is something he is entitled to do...regardless if you agree with it or not). You also used this seller's post to express your dislike for people who do not help others out on this forum. This seller responded to your post by saying he does not care what your opinion is. How would you feel if you were selling something and another member on here decided to use your sale thread to express why they dislike what you are doing?

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the second or third time you have said you are leaving the forum? It seems to me that you get your feelings hurt quite easily. My advice to you is toughen up and if you can't take it...don't dish it.

Danny, no one wants you to leave. I think everyone needs to take a breath and step back. We are all friends on this forum and need to remember that.

Sorry to hear about all of this. As I was reading along, I can't say that you said anything that a lot of people weren't thinking but the problem is you actually said it in print. It didn't bother me, but I knew it was going to bother others (especially the seller).

DPF is a family, and quite a dysfunctional one at that. Still, when you have disagreements (sometimes very loud) with family members, you don't leave the family. Besides, it's great to have a fellow Stitch collector around (unless of course we're competing for the same Stitch pin!).

Try to step back a little, and give yourself some time for healing and perspective.

Ok Ive just about had enough of this forum with all the so called hatred towards me for some unknown reason. I apparently cant have my own opinion where as others who constantly moan and put others down can??

Somehow there has been people that just dont like me for whatever reason and have told others not to deal with me or not to talk to me etc or so I have been told. I was told I force my collection into other peoples faces and that I am a 'show off' for pins I have obtained when all I merely do is show what I get.

I just read a comment regarding myself after I made a comment in someones thread (I wasnt judging I was simply voicing my opinion) and I am supposedly SOOO bad on this forum Im now classed as Notorious.. (see whole comment below)

and of course the notorious "always speak my mind as if anyone cares" stitch2814, while I slept last night

Well I have had enough of the bull so if anyone would want to tell me whats their problem with me?? I actually ask ALL people who dont like me to come forward and actually POST and tell me whats their problem.

I will be sending PMs to all that I am dealing with at the moment in time with my email as I no longer feel like I want to be on a forum where there is an underground group of people spreading stuff and making me look like a bad person when all I have ever done is try to help out others where I can.

Thanks everyone for all the great trades and purchases I have made while I have been on the forum but I simply can not tolerate and crap spoken about me when it simply is not true.

There seems to be a lot of this crap going around lately and I suspect it is the same people drumming the drama. The whole commenting on the sale thread thing shouldn't have happened because it is actually against the forum rules. But for it to prompt someone to tell someone else that they are not liked on the forum - wrong. No one person or small group of people has the right to speak on the behalf of everyone here.

There is bound to be conflict. There are lots of people I like here and some that I don't care much for. I'm sure there are some people that don't like me and I don't really give a rat's patutie. I try to be as fair minded as possible, I'm not always successful but I try. So if someone (whom I've likely never even met) doesn't like it, so be it. Probably someone I wouldn't enjoy being around anyway.

As far as saying you are a show off....ridiculous. There is a whole section of the forum for the sole purpose of sharing your collections with others. Not to mention, tons of other people share their finds, do they hate them too? That is a moronic thing to criticize someone for in a place where people love to see pictures of what everyone got.

I think that perhaps the troublemakers need a taste of their own medicine. Talk to others that have been told they are hated and figure if it is the same person(s). If it is, do something about it.

I stand by my comment as thats what I think and Id say that about anyone as they are no better than ebay in my honest opinion. Fair enough I regret posting it in the thread now but mistakes happen.

I can take what people say about me but this is just the last straw I have had with these people as I am forever going to be known as a bad guy as I was told off a new member a while ago that they were warned and they were barely even on the forum so automatically I am being black listed. Fair enough if they have a problem thats their business but dont push it onto others and let them make the decisions.

I was going to leave a few months ago when I was accused of something I hadnt of done as well as being told I was hated by a quite a few forum members. I stayed and didnt post as much as I used to, to stay out of sight and keep my mouth to myself as I thought it better off I shouldnt have my opinion made public incase I angered some of the people who do not like me.

I know not everyone will agree with my opinions but its the fact that this small group of people have told people and warned members to not deal with me I find I cant be bothered to stay if that is what is happening.

Stitch2814,

Let me *disclaimer* this post by saying that I have traded with you once or twice, and it was a pleasant experience and I do not have anything against you and hope you stick around. :)

With that said...it seemed to me that you were basically calling someone on this forum that is selling the D23 Princess set a scalper because he was charging an inflated price and bought multiple sets (which is something he is entitled to do...regardless if you agree with it or not). You also used this seller's post to express your dislike for people who do not help others out on this forum. This seller responded to your post by saying he does not care what your opinion is. How would you feel if you were selling something and another member on here decided to use your sale thread to express why they dislike what you are doing?

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the second or third time you have said you are leaving the forum? It seems to me that you get your feelings hurt quite easily. My advice to you is toughen up and if you can't take it...don't dish it.

Those are some very valid points as well. I don't know if this is coming from the seller but they personally may be justified in having an issue with you. However, not they, nor anyone else, can speak on the behalf of the entire forum.

If anyone doesn't like anyone else then they can tell them that if they absolutely have to. But leave everyone else out of it.

Danny I am sorry this has happened to you. I agree with eurodolf a SALES thread is not a place to make negative comments. I have had it happen to me recently and then that person decided to tell me that ppl were telling her not to deal with me etc etc blah blah. IGNORE the haters. You are a good person and great pin trader the people that go around telling others that there are not liked are the problem here as they are the ones that keep the negativity flowing. I have been here since the beginning and can honestly say I dont like everyone I love some of the traders and would do anything for them. However even the people I dont like if they are honest traders I will deal with them. Any group of ppl this large will have issues and personality conflicts dont let them win by you leaving. Look at the source of the drama and I bet you find that the ppl involved are bullies. I wish you nothing but well if you do leave and hope you stay in touch I will miss you.
Tabbi

I think Erudolf said this elsewhere, and I agree with it.

I know a lot of people bash e-Bay, but for an awful lot of us nowhere near Anaheim or Orlando it can be the only game in town. Same is true if you're looking for old (DA100) pins. Ultimately, e-Bay is all about supply and demand. People will continue to charge outrageous prices if they can get them. There are several of my grails on e-Bay right now, but I'm not willing to pay $300+ for these pins. So, they remain in the seller's store and on my want list.

I have a love/hate relationship with e-Bay, but if weren't for that site I wouldn't have 90% of my collection!!

Ah ya see this is what happens when u don't know which post your on about I actually agree with erudolf it is actually a form rule :( opinions can be given but not on the sales threads. if some one wants to sell something to make a profit I don't really mind, if you think about it if you bought the set and traded the pins you would want like 5 pins etc for the one pin :( so either way its inflation. If I had $365 I would have bought those pins cos I still think they are worth it :) but I don't at this moment in time I just want to trade all my tangled pins but my other half won't let me lol cos he knows how much I have spent on um lol

P.s Danny don't leave over this :(

I get along with everyone . Only one member has really been a thorn in my side . Everyone else has been very nice, caring & warm . I have friends here from diz pins, excellent feedback in both selling & trading . The way it should be . I was on diz pin forum for years , never have I ever experienced anything like this on a forum .

Last edited:
I would also like to point out that Danny didn't make the first comment regarding the price, we have rules on a forum to stop people from getting arsy with each other, they are there for a reason peeps and it's annoying when some people just seem to be in there own world, personally I think bricklayer should enforce the forum rules if people don't start listing. So much hatred on this site it's un believable I haven't been on this site for a couple of months due to some disagreements and at this rate I will be gone for a couple more :(

Thankyou Tabbi and Erica for the kind word Im going to mull it over but most likely I will stay but not post at all so all the nay-sayers can be happy that they dont see me on the board.

Thanks Natalie :) means alot and yes I dont know how many pins Ive given away to people since I couldnt trade with them but they wanted the pins I had XD as I say no point in them sitting in my pin bag when I cant trade them for anything, might as well go to someone who wants them haha.

Its just getting to me that there is still this hatred after being all quiet and not posting hardly for over 4 months and yet its still lingers in the background.

Ive edited my other post and posted an apology in the other thread in question but I guess the damage has already been done :/

OH good lord....DO NOT LEAVE!!Believe me I know what bashing is I got it a couple months ago,I took a step back and I am sorry if someone does that again to me
They will hear it ..I will NOT take it anymore..I have seen so much of this lately..WE are suppose to be adults here..I consider ALL of you as my family and friends
and if there is a conflict here ..we try to work it out.Get a MOD to help you,thats what they are here for,and they enforce the rules I saw the change in some of them
They will not take this anymore,DO NOT LEAVE!!You need a ear to chat or vent I am here,I am always getting Pm's for advise on trades and other things.And I agree with Erica
show off your collection,WE all love seeing it..I know I do.Stay PUT....no reason the leave here!!

Judy

Tell you what when I leave no one will see a post about me leaving just a big @#$% *&^ & begone! I do not want to trade, be friends, or assosiate with those who are @$$'s to others. Trading is a hobby not a buissness, if you dont like it, beat it!

Ugh, this kind of thing again... why? Let's see, I would've sided with you about the pins but ouch to placing it on a selling thread(against rules). We've been having people left and right say that they're fed up over a few people (I probably know who) and it isn't right for you to leave over something that they said or implied. Words are cheap but can hurt especially so if it hits a certain nerve. If you need to take a little break and come back, I'm sure feelings will have by subsided by then and most everyone else on the forum probably won't even take a second glance. Put an ignore on the person too and I'm sure business will carry like it had been.

Grumpy...can I just say how incredibly amused I am by the fact that "grammar" is misspelled in your little smiley rant? Was that on purpose...? Either way, it really drives home the point...LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back