• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

June 7th Princess Books - 10 of them! At cost for the DPF community!

This is a very very kind thing to do!!! I know I'm probably way too late, but I would be very interested in the Princess and the Frog Hinged Book pin if possible. If it doesn't work out no problem. It's great to see someone willing to sell pins at cost :wavey:

Many may consider me a local because I live in Riverside but depending on the day and time, it can take me up to two hours to get to the Soda Fountain. It is not always convenient to make that drive. Gas prices make it hard also. There could be various reasons why locals can't get to the Soda Fountain. They may have to work. Maybe they are ill. I don't find it greedy if a local asks for help now and then.

Is there a location or distance requirement? It seems like those within driving distance asking for this are really being greedy. Sorry locals but you already have access to pins that the majority of us never do and taking those spots away from those that rarely if ever get ANY pins at cost is really selfish IMHO.

Many may consider me a local because I live in Riverside but depending on the day and time, it can take me up to two hours to get to the Soda Fountain. It is not always convenient to make that drive. Gas prices make it hard also. There could be various reasons why locals can't get to the Soda Fountain. They may have to work. Maybe they are ill. I don't find it greedy if a local asks for help now and then.

+ 1

I consider myself a "local" even though I live 2+ hours away from DSSH and have a full-time Mon-Friday "day job".

Distributing wristbands the day before the release only benefits the many who either live or work close.

I have already told one of the managers at DSSH this, and to expect some "blowback" from other long-time frequent patrons like myself who will not able to attend this release because of the prohibitive costs and time associated with making the trip to DSSH two days in a row.

+ 1

I consider myself a "local" even though I live 2+ hours away from DSSH and have a full-time Mon-Friday "day job".

Distributing wristbands the day before the release only benefits the many who either live or work close.

I have already told one of the managers at DSSH this, and to expect some "blowback" from other long-time frequent patrons like myself who will not able to attend this release because of the prohibitive costs and time associated with making the trip to DSSH two days in a row.

I agree. Unless you live in downtown Los Angeles, the rest of us in Southern California are not "local" to the DSF/GSF location. It can take 2-3 hours, possibly 4 hours, to get into the heart/central Los Angeles / Hollywood and most of that is waiting in traffic. And now that it is a 2-day event, that makes it even more difficult for those of us who work a Monday to Friday job. If they wanted wristband distributions at 3am on Saturday, even that would have been better for us "locals" who could just forgo sleep, and get there on a Friday night (mind you, that Friday nights to get to Hollywood are even more strenuous) and stay til the next morning.

If you don't have to work on Friday, if you live in Northern California, Arizona, or Nevada near the California border, and it takes you about 6 to 8 hours to drive here, maybe you should consider driving out Friday and staying the night til Saturday. I'm sure even though wristband distribution ends at 8pm, that there will be people with the wristbands starting the line for the vouchers at 8pm in the alley, so you don't have to get a motel/hotel room. You just have to come get your wristband and join the line in the alley. Then, you'll know how crazy it is just for the "chance" to buy the pin(s) because it's never guaranteed that you'll get a number between 1 and 400 if there are 1000 people showing up.

I work til 5:30pm. For me, I can try to drive to Hollywood in rush hour to try to make it by the 8pm cut-off. If it was a 9pm cutoff, I'd feel more reassured. But 8pm? That gives me about 2 hours to drive through RUSH HOUR. Everyone who is going to attempt this after work on Friday has my prayers. Because we all know how frustrated we will be if we drive that 2-4 hour drive and NOT get a wristband in time. Besides gas, don't forget the $10-15 parking fee just to get a wristband (and maybe an ice cream if you're lucky) just to turn around and go home and then come back the next day (unless you decide to stay the night in the alley).

So, no, I don't think it's greedy for us "locals" to ask for help. I think it's very generous of Angel to offer if he manages to get extra set(s), and I think he's also lucky if he has people he can bring with him, that are willing to go to Hollywood and waste 6-8 hours of their Friday and 6-8 hours of their Saturday to be an extra person, an extra chance, so he can help people on DPF. If I could bring family and friends, I would; but most of my family and friends think this is crazy and would never go to Hollywood for this event. If I actually had someone who was willing to do this for me, and didn't want the pins for themselves, I'd be happy.

Guys and gals let us not get caught up in this "local" debate. Leave it alone, simply because you have respect for me and the DPF community. I already broke it down by percentages of those in the US and those outside of the US who will be getting pins. I still have to be able tread the waters with at least a thousand other pin folks on Friday and Saturday. I am going to be using a very scientific format any way to distribute the 10 Princess pins...

keep-calm-and-eeny-meeny-miny-mo.png

g02mB_zps8c282ea5.jpg

Well said jazzytrumpet.

I agree. Unless you live in downtown Los Angeles, the rest of us in Southern California are not "local" to the DSF/GSF location. It can take 2-3 hours, possibly 4 hours, to get into the heart/central Los Angeles / Hollywood and most of that is waiting in traffic. And now that it is a 2-day event, that makes it even more difficult for those of us who work a Monday to Friday job. If they wanted wristband distributions at 3am on Saturday, even that would have been better for us "locals" who could just forgo sleep, and get there on a Friday night (mind you, that Friday nights to get to Hollywood are even more strenuous) and stay til the next morning.

If you don't have to work on Friday, if you live in Northern California, Arizona, or Nevada near the California border, and it takes you about 6 to 8 hours to drive here, maybe you should consider driving out Friday and staying the night til Saturday. I'm sure even though wristband distribution ends at 8pm, that there will be people with the wristbands starting the line for the vouchers at 8pm in the alley, so you don't have to get a motel/hotel room. You just have to come get your wristband and join the line in the alley. Then, you'll know how crazy it is just for the "chance" to buy the pin(s) because it's never guaranteed that you'll get a number between 1 and 400 if there are 1000 people showing up.

I work til 5:30pm. For me, I can try to drive to Hollywood in rush hour to try to make it by the 8pm cut-off. If it was a 9pm cutoff, I'd feel more reassured. But 8pm? That gives me about 2 hours to drive through RUSH HOUR. Everyone who is going to attempt this after work on Friday has my prayers. Because we all know how frustrated we will be if we drive that 2-4 hour drive and NOT get a wristband in time. Besides gas, don't forget the $10-15 parking fee just to get a wristband (and maybe an ice cream if you're lucky) just to turn around and go home and then come back the next day (unless you decide to stay the night in the alley).

So, no, I don't think it's greedy for us "locals" to ask for help. I think it's very generous of Angel to offer if he manages to get extra set(s), and I think he's also lucky if he has people he can bring with him, that are willing to go to Hollywood and waste 6-8 hours of their Friday and 6-8 hours of their Saturday to be an extra person, an extra chance, so he can help people on DPF. If I could bring family and friends, I would; but most of my family and friends think this is crazy and would never go to Hollywood for this event. If I actually had someone who was willing to do this for me, and didn't want the pins for themselves, I'd be happy.

I would be interested as well
I know I didn't specify but I would be interested in any of the hinged books. I have the last set of these and they're beautiful. I'm not too choosy since I will eventually try and get them all (it may take years), but isn't that half the fun in pin trading/collecting.

This is wonderful thing your doing for the pin community.

It's going to cost me 40.00 in gas because it is two days of driving back and fourth to the fountain, and my parking fee too for both days! "Shakes fist at soda fountain" and almost 200 for the set, ouch my So Cal wallet hurts, lol.

Not sure if "additional instructions" were posted, but I would be interested in the Belle pin. Thank you.

Hi,

Not sure if am too late as I just saw the post. Thank you for doing this. Awesome!!!! Love the Soda Fountain pins but unfortunately am on the wrong coast. Hopefully I will make it there some time. Would be interested in Tangled or Brave. Thanks again!!!

I'd like to be considered for the Tangled book and the pin trading logo please!

Really kind of you to offer. Thank you so much for the consideration.

I am reaching out to my underground pin group, "The *******" (it's a super secret group) to volunteer to also let go of some of their June 7th sets or certain princess pins to help out the DPF community. Some have agreed to help already but please be aware that what I am asking of them is not an easy task, they are giving up good traders in an effort to help out the larger pin family.

Last edited:
Back