• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

June 7th Princess Books - 10 of them! At cost for the DPF community!

June 7th Princess Books - 10 of them! At cost for the DPF community!
Angel, whether I'm lucky enough to be chose or not, I just wanted to say that I wish there were more generous members like you.

I would definitely be interested as well if this is still open to everyone.

My first choice is Enchanted Hinged Book followed by Tangled Hinged Book.
Thanks for doing such a wonderful thing to help those out not near the pin stores.

Well this is very sweet of you! Honestly this is a lot of work for you I bet but you will make people very happy! I love the Tangled book for my friend Stephanie and the Enchanted book for Mike and If Possible an Extra tangled book and dangle pin for myself! But again thank you honestly you are a good person and it really shows!

It is my opinion that it is greedy to be asking for at cost pins when you live close enough to drive to either GSF or DLR. Out of respect for the OP I am not going to respond after this comment but seeing that so many of you "locals" have defended yourselves by explaining the standard drive, gas, traffic and parking excuses as always, I will respond by saying that for me, living 10+ hours away several hundreds of dollars in gas and of course the massive cost to rent a hotel room far outweighs your inconvenience to go to this ONE particular release. Yes this ONE time that so many people are being offered pins at cost, see you all can easily go to another one, most of us can't.

The majority of local members go to at least some releases be they at DLR or GSF while us non-locals are lucky to make it to one a year if that. There will always be people justifying why they should be the recipients of every at cost pin but as someone that watches local members buy up every possible at cost pin and then flip it or trade it for ebay prices it makes me sick. It essentially puts all of us non locals in the exact same spot we are in every other day, paying resell prices while those same locals continue to pay not only retail but less than retail after AP or CM discounts. The worst part of this is seeing people asking here for pins at cost but are posting elsewhere that they will be going to the release themselves WTF? Oh that's not GREEDY? Come on.

Say at what you will, when you already get soooo much soooo cheap it is irrefutably greedy and selfish to keep asking for more.

And now jumping down and once again thanking Angel for being such a great guy. :soapbox:

This is very nice of you to offer...I'm interested in the two Brave pins for my Brave collection (if it's not too late to join the pool)! Thank you for your kindness regardless if I'm chosen...good on ya!

My DPF Illuminati pin group will also attempt to get PTD's that event Saturday for the pin community at $25 shipping already included. Blind bag (you might get Wreck It Ralph PTD or you might get Bongo # 2 PTD) Hopefully my fellow DPF members can get many for you guys. First come first serve on the PTDs

illuminatilogo_201.png

Last edited:
My DPF Illuminati pin group will also attempt to get PTD's that event Saturday for the pin community at $25 shipping already included. Blind bag (you might get Wreck It Ralph PTD or you might get Bongo # 2 PTD) Hopefully my fellow DPF members can get many for you guys. First come first serve on the PTDs

I'm definitely interested in the PTD for event day. Also will the PTE Dangled Pin be something that is made available as part of the draw. I'm actually more interested in that than the other 10 pins :) Thanks for your amazing generosity btw. I just recently joined the forum but can already tell this is a great community.

I'm definitely interested in the PTD for event day. Also will the PTE Dangled Pin be something that is made available as part of the draw. I'm actually more interested in that than the other 10 pins :) Thanks for your amazing generosity btw. I just recently joined the forum but can already tell this is a great community.

The PTE Dangler pin is one of the 10 Princess pins that will be sold at cost, but noted that you are interested in the pin.

This is incredibly wonderful of you, it's so nice to see this kind of generosity in the pin community. :salute:

I would love to be considered for the Enchanted and Tangled books and if it's still open, the blindbag PTD :)

Either way, thank you for raising the "good" level in this hobby.

dvd_liloandstitch3.jpg

It is my opinion that it is greedy to be asking for at cost pins when you live close enough to drive to either GSF or DLR. Out of respect for the OP I am not going to respond after this comment but seeing that so many of you "locals" have defended yourselves by explaining the standard drive, gas, traffic and parking excuses as always, I will respond by saying that for me, living 10+ hours away several hundreds of dollars in gas and of course the massive cost to rent a hotel room far outweighs your inconvenience to go to this ONE particular release. Yes this ONE time that so many people are being offered pins at cost, see you all can easily go to another one, most of us can't.

The majority of local members go to at least some releases be they at DLR or GSF while us non-locals are lucky to make it to one a year if that. There will always be people justifying why they should be the recipients of every at cost pin but as someone that watches local members buy up every possible at cost pin and then flip it or trade it for ebay prices it makes me sick. It essentially puts all of us non locals in the exact same spot we are in every other day, paying resell prices while those same locals continue to pay not only retail but less than retail after AP or CM discounts. The worst part of this is seeing people asking here for pins at cost but are posting elsewhere that they will be going to the release themselves WTF? Oh that's not GREEDY? Come on.

Say at what you will, when you already get soooo much soooo cheap it is irrefutably greedy and selfish to keep asking for more.
And now jumping down and once again thanking Angel for being such a great guy. :soapbox:
:sigh: So you want help, but it isn't ok for others to ask for help. Your complaints are very pot and kettle.

It's a very nice thing you are doing and your helpers are doing a nice thing too by helping others to get these pins. Way to go everyone!!

I am reaching out to my underground pin group, "The *******" (it's a super secret group) to volunteer to also let go of some of their June 7th sets or certain princess pins to help out the DPF community. Some have agreed to help already but please be aware that what I am asking of them is not an easy task, they are giving up good traders in an effort to help out the larger pin family.

Seriously??

I love Paris pin. They are so pretty but hard to come by. I certainly am not going to be mad or dog those people who are lucky enough to live close enough to get those pins. Why would I? It is what it is. I don't live close to Florida or Hong Kong. Should I be mad at those people because they have access to those pins and I don't? I just don't understand all the negativity you are generating.

I would love a chance at the Tangled and Enchanted books, but even if it doesn't work out, thank you so so much for your kind offer to help ones out here!! :hug:

Looking at my post again, I'm not sure if it's too late or if the scientific method is already being conducted (best "one does not simply" meme I've seen thus far by the way :lol:) , but I would like to remove myself from the "Tangled" book request and only be considered for the Enchanted one. Of the two, I would enjoy having enchanted in my collection much more, and in the event of my being picked in the one and a million wishes chance to get a pin from here at retail, I wouldn't want to be selected for Tangled upon realizing that others would enjoy that pin in their collection much more.

Anyhoo, just wanted to revise my request, and thank you so much again for helping pin friends out, Angel. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that we are really touched that you and your friends are going thru the efforts to brave this release for dpf members, and just the very fact that we have a slimmer of a chance at one of these lovely pins surely brought a lot of smiles =) Thank you again!! <3

Unless you want to help get pins for others here on DPF, then please start your own thread, and Molly don't respond to anyone of the members here please, thank you all!

And now for a random Disney pic:

b0d43f76dea647acaea91bd902b6e5cd.jpg
I said I wouldn't and I keep my word :)

Back