• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Back to School

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Back to School
I love when the peanut gallery has something to say on things they have no clue about.

But I will explain it so the jealously will cool down.

Two are for our collections, and two are zaps.

lol not really jealous when i have one coming and probably the other members of the peanut gallery do too......... humble is the word of the day....

Hands down best release I've been to so far.

The official wristband count was 396, so everyone who had a wristband was guaranteed to get a complete set plus marquee (well, minus Felix). This really gave the release a sense of calm, because everyone knew that they were getting the pins.

I debated not going when my alarm went off this morning, but I decided to drag myself out of bed and go. If nothing else, I was trading with someone for the Simba PTD. I managed to pull number 65, so not only did I get the Felix surprise for my collection but I was able to purchase my pins and leave for work on time (actually got in a hour early!)

If I had to point out a negative about the event, it was that the PTD didn't flip while I was there. But I was able to get both surprises, so I really can't complain at all.

I love when the peanut gallery has something to say on things they have no clue about.

tumblr_lw70lm3i8o1r790gdo1_500.gif

The official wristband count was 396, so everyone who had a wristband was guaranteed to get a complete set plus marquee (well, minus Felix). This really gave the release a sense of calm, because everyone knew that they were getting the pins.

I debated not going when my alarm went off this morning, but I decided to drag myself out of bed and go. If nothing else, I was trading with someone for the Simba PTD. I managed to pull number 65, so not only did I get the Felix surprise for my collection but I was able to purchase my pins and leave for work on time (actually got in a hour early!)

If I had to point out a negative about the event, it was that the PTD didn't flip while I was there. But I was able to get both surprises, so I really can't complain at all.

Congrats! It's good to hear happy stories like this.

I'm so glad you got the Felix! :) Is it as cute in person as it looks on the flyer?

This is great to hear. I'm glad you got all the things! If anything I wish more releases were slower and calmer, at least for any consolation lol

Thats awesome kudos to you!

I think he looks a little cuter on the flyer, but it still is a stinkin' cute pin. Probably my favorite after the older Felix DSF pin. (Plus, I'm a proofreader, so this pin has a special extra meaning to me.)

Pardon my camera phone that refuses to take a non-blurry photo:

felix_zps6da0a3dc.png

ETA: Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I think he looks a little cuter on the flyer, but it still is a stinkin' cute pin. Probably my favorite after the older Felix DSF pin. (Plus, I'm a proofreader, so this pin has a special extra meaning to me.)

Hah! I'm a copy editor, and I like the way you think. I may have to expand my Calhoun collection to include Felix.

There are still good people out there! I slept through my alarm and didn't have time to get down here before the hubby had to go to work. Amazingly, our dear Retro, was kind enough to grab a number in the standby line for me. I was able to get everything minus Felix, and that was being #25 in the standby line! Thank you so much again Retro!

Hehehe, I expanded my Felix collection to include Calhoun (it didn't hurt that I already had one of the two pins that existed of her!). Good luck if you do decide to collect him! For not having many pins, a good percentage of those suckers are low LEs.

There are still good people out there! I slept through my alarm and didn't have time to get down here before the hubby had to go to work. Amazingly, our dear Retro, was kind enough to grab a number in the standby line for me. I was able to get everything minus Felix, and that was being #25 in the standby line! Thank you so much again Retro!

Kudos to traders helping other traders!

the struggles of being in Canada!

These are cute pins, I would have loved to make them traders (I forgot how pin trading works and just kept buying pins to keep ahahaha)

the struggles of being in Canada!

These are cute pins, I would have loved to make them traders (I forgot how pin trading works and just kept buying pins to keep ahahaha)

Ugh I feels yaaaaaaa ... but then again I just came back from the Imagination Gala & I got tons from that event. So I'm pretty happy at the moment x)

I'm a little surprise that the PTD didn't flip from this release & we would've seen something crazy like Sergeant Calhoun PTD or even my dream pin ... An Aladdin PTD :yum:
But nonetheless, glad everybody got a full set! & hoping to get that Olaf, Vanellope, & Felix one day :D

I have no problem - I think it's neat when you post the pictures of hundreds of boxes you get in the mail.

And people shouldn't be getting angry. They're just pins, and you guys have given away a ton of pins on your own free will.

I'm guessing most people were afraid that it would flip right behind them and they if they bought Jessica they could only buy one other PTD from the new set.

I was planning on getting Jessica if it hadn't flipped, but I was focused on getting the surprise releases and forgot. I know what I'm doing after work if it flips during the day today, though. :)

Ohgosh, a Calhoun PTD! I just secured a trade today for the Felix PTD, I would go bonkers if I got both in the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back