• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

RAKed! Merlin's Beard!!! I've been RAK'D!!!

RAKed! Merlin's Beard!!! I've been RAK'D!!!

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
So yesterday was the first day of class at a new college I'm teaching st in town. I was beyond thankful for this new job, as it's only 10 minutes from my apartment rather than the 3 hour round trip commute for the last teaching job I had! So my day was already off to a great start. Class went super well, all of my students are great, and I came home to find that my boyfriend had bought me some lemon oreos as a "Happy First Day" surprise!

BUT MY DAY GOT EVEN BETTER!!!

After a nap, I was doing some school work when I heard a knock at my door. It was the mailman! While a giant parcel for me, all the way from across the pond! I spotted David's (speedwaystar1) address on the back and wondered if I had forgotten to send off a trade! But surely I would have a remember a trade this big...

Then I opened the box...

72a5a21b3d6e85bed4b8d52486bf6abe.jpg

AAAAAAHHHH! I HAD BEEN RAK'D!!! BEHOLD THE SPOILS OF KINDNESS!!!

a57821581ab74b42c467a3d309dd0bfd.jpg

And awesome, awesome custom Ducktales t-shirt (which fits great!), some delicious looking chocolate, and some delightful jelly beans that I can't wait to tear into! I love jelly beans... And such a sweet card! <3

758795ec0e910d88061673168216231d.jpg

And so many office supplies! I'm ogle that notebook every time I go do Disney, but never let myself buy it. And now I have it! It is, in a word, bitchin. An adorable Black Spidey pencil topper, a frog Keychain which lights up and croaks, a precious Stitch Keychain, a massive and awesome Donald pen (which is already on its way to my office at the school!) some HKDL sticky notes, and that dispenser thingy is a Sticky note roll!! It's like a tape dispenser... BUT FOR STICKEY NOTES!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!! If you've gotten a pickup from me, you know my affinity for stickey notes. XD

be618977850b662a6a1786b35bd30f3a.jpg

Next up were some pet and bookworm goodies! The cat toys are great! Isee (my grey tabby) wouldn't get off the table until I gave her one, which is why one is missing XD there's an awesome magnetic bookmark which has 50 famous novels on it, a "one-sitting" Shakespeare book (which is also going to the school office!), an adorable Secret Life of Pets mug (which has the dachshund that says "First to arrive, and last to leave" Hahaha! And then the Flash buttons! How did you even know I loved this show! Barry Allen is one of my favorites! And one of the buttons has my most favorite quote from the whole show: "Lightning gave me abs?" bahahah!

80104728c80c2e2f357d75f4c4bfe091.jpg

And these pellar bead magnets!! That Scrooge is incredible! So precious! And even though Jon Snow is cute, he still knows nothing... And stitch! Ahhh! These are too adorable! My boyfriend instantly threw them onto the fridge. He couldn't wait for a picture. XD

d02665b7db094804572ba9813fe19f99.jpg

And of course, pins!!! David you sneak! You told me you didn't get any extras of the World of Evil pins to trade me! XD you're too sweet! And this is all three of the ones that I wanted!! Yay! I don't have to hunt them down! That, alone, is an amazing Zap XD And that Bijou Archimedes is so so so much prettier than that flyer would suggest! It's so awesome! Thank you thank you thank you!

924fd0376dcac86007789618332e291a.jpg

I am so beyond spoiled, and I love it. XD thank you David for your continuing kindness to me! You've always been awesome and this is just too much XD

And thanks to everyone who makes this community as amazing as it is. :D you guys are awesome!! <3

Off to class I go! Thank you again!!!

~Merlin

Last edited:
What an adorable package!! Thoroughly deserved m'dear, enjoy all these lovely delights! :)

You just made my day, my friend. :lol:

David is the sweetest. What a great start to a well-deserved RAK!

... Did I say "start"? I meant... uh... *whistles innocently while slipping out to the post office*
Yeah sorry everyone I kinda jumped the gun . I knew if I didn't post early it wouldn't have arrived until mid September .
I'm glad you liked everything , I hated lying about the mystery pins to you :) , and you almost didn't get the Scrooge magnet . I had it custom made for you and it turned out so well I almost kept him :lol:
You thoroughly deserve everything I sent and I'm sure it won't be the last .

Yeah sorry everyone I kinda jumped the gun . I knew if I didn't post early it wouldn't have arrived until mid September .

Isn't that the truth? Delivery timing is impossible to predict, especially from another country. You were smart to send early. (And selfishly I'm glad because now I can send this envelope with others I have. Saves me a trip to the post office. :))

Also the eagle eyed amongst you may notice my card said August RAK , for the record Merlin you're actually July's apparently . And the August / September is still to be announced

I'm glad you liked everything , I hated lying about the mystery pins to you :) , and you almost didn't get the Scrooge magnet . I had it custom made for you and it turned out so well I almost kept him :lol:
You thoroughly deserve everything I sent and I'm sure it won't be the last .

Hahah! I suppose I can forgive you for lying. ;P Well worth it, for sure. But I'd have never forgiven you for keeping the Scrooge! He's too precious! Precious.... But can understand the temptation. XD I've always liked Pellar Bead stuff, but I think that Scrooge is the best one I've ever seen!

Back