• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

***NEW PICS ADDED AT END OF THREAD *** Jessica Rabbit/Disney Room Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, sugesstions...

Well, if the walls will be done with Jessica, and if you have other Jessica stuff (like statues and such), I wouldn't do the sheets/curtains with actuall WFFR bedding (if it even exists from 1987). Instead, go Jessica inspired, like nice satin in the color of her gloves, or even just black, white, and silver, like an old Hollywood film. Nice, round purple satin pillows with a button in the middle (you know, the kind with ripples...)

If you have room, see if you can find an old-style vanity and some old perfume bottles, and set up a dressing room vanity. You can put some of the WFFR knick-knacks on it- put a picture/postcard of Roger stuck on the edges of the mirror...

Don't get me started- next thing you know, I'll be doing up sketches and get all carried away, Extreme Home Make-Over level bad (some of those rooms, man...whew)!

Hmmm, sugesstions...

Well, if the walls will be done with Jessica, and if you have other Jessica stuff (like statues and such), I wouldn't do the sheets/curtains with actuall WFFR bedding (if it even exists from 1987). Instead, go Jessica inspired, like nice satin in the color of her gloves, or even just black, white, and silver, like an old Hollywood film. Nice, round purple satin pillows with a button in the middle (you know, the kind with ripples...)

If you have room, see if you can find an old-style vanity and some old perfume bottles, and set up a dressing room vanity. You can put some of the WFFR knick-knacks on it- put a picture/postcard of Roger stuck on the edges of the mirror...

Don't get me started- next thing you know, I'll be doing up sketches and get all carried away, Extreme Home Make-Over level bad (some of those rooms, man ...whew)!

Those are some amazing ideas!!! I really like your suggestions!!! Thank you!!! I cannot, however, stand sleeping on silk, lol! I will find another fabric. :) I love the vanity idea!!! I am working on getting some statues! :)

Sketches ehhhh? Lol! Ha ha!

Thank you!!!

I've used them before to make my little pony fabric and also bought some of the PacMan fabric someone else designed too :D This was a while ago but I am sure they're just as good now :)

I am indeed still here but sadly less often as I am super busy on my postgraduate degree at the moment! Great to see you here again though! :D

I've used them before to make my little pony fabric and also bought some of the PacMan fabric someone else designed too :D This was a while ago but I am sure they're just as good now :)

I am indeed still here but sadly less often as I am super busy on my postgraduate degree at the moment! Great to see you here again though! :D

I am glad you are still here, and very happy to be back! :D And congrats, the busy schedule will definitely be worth it when you are finished!!! What is your degree in?

Does anyone else have Disney themed room/rooms?
I have a mis mash of lion king, curtains, bed covers, lamp shade etc... Not really a theme as such.

ee2af40b47ee42847586cfa780fcccd0.jpg

Last edited:
You're displays are really cool! I can't wait to see pics of your finished room :)

I don't have a Disney themed room as of yet, but once I build up my collection of Lumpy themed objects, I'll have a Lumpy wall in my room. I have enough Tinker Bell stuff to have a Tink themed room, but I haven't actually themed it around her.

Using red, purple, orage color schemes would look nice as it would match with Jessica. I also like the idea of a more period specific look for the room to match the 1940's look of the movie. Maybe you can look at the Ink and Paint Club and take from there some of the designs, you can clearly see the lamps, chairs curtains, etc. You can also see pillows and other details in the deleted scene of Jessica's dressing room.

You're displays are really cool! I can't wait to see pics of your finished room :)

I don't have a Disney themed room as of yet, but once I build up my collection of Lumpy themed objects, I'll have a Lumpy wall in my room. I have enough Tinker Bell stuff to have a Tink themed room, but I haven't actually themed it around her.

Thank you SO much!!! I love making my displays...it is so much fun! :) I have been considering offering pin framing and display services to people on here, but not sure if people would go for it or not!?!?!? I am SO anxious to get it all finished and perfect!!! :D

I would love to see your Lumpy room when you get it done, I bet or will be amazing!!! :D And a Tink room would be cool too, especially if you are or know an artist who could paint a night sky on the walls with the ship flying and the flying sillouettes (sp :eek: )!

Using red, purple, orage color schemes would look nice as it would match with Jessica. I also like the idea of a more period specific look for the room to match the 1940's look of the movie. Maybe you can look at the Ink and Paint Club and take from there some of the designs, you can clearly see the lamps, chairs curtains, etc. You can also see pillows and other details in the deleted scene of Jessica's dressing room.

Outstanding idea!!!! :D Thank you so much!!!! That 40's, kind of Art Deco look, would be amazing!!!! Good thinking!!! Time to hit the thrift stores I think! ;)

Thank you again for the amazing idea!

And a Tink room would be cool too, especially if you are or know an artist who could paint a night sky on the walls with the ship flying and the flying sillouettes (sp :eek: )!
Oh my goodness, that is a great idea!

Also, I also agree with the comments made about making it look like you are actually in the 1940s. I think if you stuck to black and white and gray, it would really make all of the red with Jessica stick out more.

Oh my goodness, that is a great idea!

Also, I also agree with the comments made about making it look like you are actually in the 1940s. I think if you stuck to black and white and gray, it would really make all of the red with Jessica stick out more.

Thank you!!! I think that would look SO cute...if you do it, I want to see for sure!!! :)

Yeah, I think that is what I will start setting out for, 40's style things! I need to hit some thrift shops as money allows and try to find furniture, lamps/shades, decorations (a few) etc and get this room finished already, lol! :D

Thanks everyone!!! :hug:

And more ideas are always welcome!!! :D

So I wasn't going to post pics of these until my room was completely finished, but a adorable story about my niece forces me to do it now, lol! These are the life size Jessica and Roger that my uncle made for me when I was eight years old!
IMG_20130412_221510_360.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_20130412_221549_140.jpg
[/IMG]

So my niece Kassidy just turned two on April 6th. She spent the night the other night and slept in my room. I woke up in the morning to her sitting next to me, just looking at me. When I said "Good morning baby!", she replied, "Naanaa...ooo got hop!" With a humongous smile! I asked what, and she pointed to Roger and said "ooo got hop Naanaa!" And then pointed to Jessica and said "and preencess!!!" Just as happy as could be!!! Ha ha! I adore here SO much!!! :D

Last edited:
Generally I take the view that Disney theming should be Disney inspired theming and not just a bunch of Disney stuff all around. I'm not judging anyone who does have just Disney stuff around... different strokes for different folks... but it would just feel to me too much like I was living in a Disney Store. Therefore my apartment isn't wholly Disneyfied. My living room, for instance, is sort of a generically Victorian, which takes inspiration in part from Main St. USA but also from Canadian Railway Gothic style and a smattering of Jules Verne...

IMG341.jpg
IMG347.jpg

However I do have a curio cabinet that I keep the souvenirs from my travels in, and my Disney stuff tends to cluster around it. I like Victorian-type stuff and therefore I tend to buy Victorian-type Disney stuff, which fits quite nicely (to the left of the cabinet is the Jeremy Fulton DLRR poster, above the Mark Twain Riverboat poster are my pins)...

IMG340.jpg

But if you want really straightforward Disney-inspired... BEHOLD THE ENCHANTED TIKI BATHROOM! (with some Tower of Terror stuff)...

IMG343.jpg
IMG344.jpg

IMG346.jpg

IMG342.jpg

My kitchen is also vaguely Japanese themed as well, but that's all for now. Currently I live in a bachelor suite. We'll see what happens when I eventually get married... I've already started laying the groundwork with my fiance to have an Enchanted Tiki Kitchen...

I've always wanted to do a Tower of Terror bathroom...do that old, Italian look for the walls (cracked, old world looking), with ToT towels and stuff. Marble counter tops, old bronze taps.

I've always wanted to do a Tower of Terror bathroom...do that old, Italian look for the walls (cracked, old world looking), with ToT towels and stuff. Marble counter tops, old bronze taps.

I'm hoping to do that too. I've already got the towels, a mug for toothbrushes, do not disturb sign and some framed pics from the ToT. Unfortunately right now I only have one bathroom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back