• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! October 2012 RAK Attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZAPPED! October 2012 RAK Attack!

Romancing_Train

EVERYPONY calm the buck down!
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Welcome to the October 2012 RAK Attack!

A RAK is a Random Act of Kindness, and a RAK Attack is this group of participants mailing some sort of surprise to a ‘victim’ who is selected by nominations through private messages sent by you. Please try to send the name/user name of the DPF member and their address (if available) when you sign up. (Please one nominee, per person.)

This is not a popularity contest it is simply our small way of spreading cheer in our little community. This particular RAK is intended for members of DPF. If you have friends in need of a RAK feel free to open a new thread and let us know, there's always someone to step up and contribute.

One person per month, not the same person in a year. A list is maintained to assure no repeats. If you nominate someone who is ineligible I will send you a private message to send in alternate nominations. The RAK host (me) cannot be RAKed.

Who to nominate and why?
Any member who is going through a rough time and could use a smile, who has been especially helpful or accommodating, the victim does not have to be a participant in the monthly RAK, just any member of DPF.

What to Send On a RAK Attack
Anything Goes: Pins, Arty bits, cards, Handwritten written wishes on handmade or pretty stationary, Handmade stationary, Candy, cookies, Stickers, Books, Artwork, Encouraging words, Poetry, favorite quotes. You decide what to send based on how much time you have and what your budget is, look to the supplies you already have and all it will cost you is a stamp.

How Do I participate?:
1. Post in this thread to sign up

2. PM me a one member nomination and their address, if you have this info, it is extremely helpful. This information is always kept secret from the participants so do not ask. (If you don't have anyone to nominate, that's OK, you can still play!) DO NOT POST WHO YOU VOTED FOR IN THE THREAD PLEASE.

3. I will PM you all with the address of the RAK recipient.

Expect to see this info around the 27th-30th of September. You can only receive this information from the host (me) so please do not ask others.

This is a surprise! Please do not tell the RAK recipient-let them find out in the mail.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Remember, the RAK is to bring a smile to somebody and show them we care.

All participants welcomed! Nominations accepted until the 25th of September

List of People Participating this month:
-Milky RECEIVED
-twins10101 RECEIVED
-MMiano Sending Themselves
-ShelterkatRECEIVED
-CrashMyParty Sending Themselves
-muppetfinder On it's way!
-DisneyOlivia Sending Themselves
-hiddenmickeys Received!
-disxar RECEIVED
-CaligirlUCR RECEIVED
-lwrn2 RECEIVED

Memebers signed up for EVERY Month!
-Romancing_Train
-Psycho Pixie RECEIVED
-disneycrazee RECEIVED
-5titch
-nsingleton RECEIVED
-2spongey6
-sorapandora RECEIVED
-peterpanlovva
-chipdale123RECIEVED
-kyuubee
-Agentofanarchy Sending Themselves
-Vixy Sending Themselves

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply.

I have two things to also say:

Last month was a great success and I want to thank everyone.

I have decided two things: I am going to use past nominees votes for tie breakers in the following months.

ALSO I was asked what happens if our Victim is overseas? It would be a little more pricey (The cost of just a letter to Europe is 98c, let alone a pin.)
I wouldn't mind being a middle man, I could put all the raks in a one price flat rate shipping box. Or I could do that for those who are not comfortable shipping overseas and the rest could send it themselves :3

regarding overseas... I think it would work best if in those cases you are definatly the middle man to send the whole package...
Which might be a good idea for any rak attack. I mean, wouldnt that be rockin if we all shipped to you, and your sent a flat rate BOX to a person? OMG, I cant imagine recieving a flat rate box full of pins from everyone.

I have not decided who to nominate yet, so far this month, my month sucks and I cant nominate myself.... :facepalm::crazy::rofl:

I want to sign up for every month but with my horrid health id feel horrible if I missed a attack ;( would it still be okay to sign up for participation every month? I love to bring smiles and this sounds great!

I've been away too long so I've no nominees

Adding Shelterkat, CrashMyParty, kyuubee, muppetfinder, DisneyOlivia, and hiddenmickeys and from chat disxar

@Psycho Pixie: I know, I'm sorry ;u; Also that might be a good idea too. How would everyone feel with that? Sending all to one, and having one big box sent out? At least for Overseas stuff anyways.

@kyuubee: This is not mandatory, you send what you can when you can! To know someone is loved, and if it's a bad month for you it's okay. Just let me know :3 There's no itraders involved with this.

Even for stuff getting sent in the US, just receiving a big box of pins, art work, ect would be amazing

Yeah, I think shipping one big box for overseas is a great idea. We could do it for domestic as well, but both the individual sends and the single box sound pretty good so not sure what would be best for that.

Yep. I think this is what we are going to do this time!

So I do not in the slightest mind shipping if anyone just wants to donate a dollar or two if they can xD And everyone HAS to mark their package with PIF on the back! Or else I will open it!

for a one box rak attack. it would be cheaper for you if:

when folks send the rak, you remove it from the LBE, and repackage it. combine them all. I am betting that if you repackage, you could get pretty much everything in a small flat rate box. to make that work everyone sending needs to write rak attack donation or the envelope or something. people would need to put a note wrapped around the pin, if they want to be ID'd. you would however need to set a deadline for recieving the donations.

the result would be a fast easy re-package of a bunch of pins/cards into a small flat rate box.

**if everyone drops $1.00 in thier lbe then it would cover that month rak, and maybe even the next one too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back