• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!
I want to give an Open Invitation to all of the positive upbeat DPF members to come on over to the PinPics Forum it is part of the PinPics site. You are more than welcome. Truly, Jabberwocky you were removed from PinPics for reasons I do not even know......I can understand your bitterness here. Talking about the Past - that unless you have a time machine - cannot be changed is a total waste of time. Jabberwocky we did nothing to you. If those prior to us did...that is between you and them. They are no longer involved even though there is a person in this thread who has a conspiracy theory. Seriously - My husband, my sister and me own PinPics and the LLC that owns it.
I want to thank all of the folks here that stood up for us....we are working every day to make PinPics amazing. The app is about to go into beta. So many positive things happening. So many amazing supporters like Holland Hayes, Ryan Mondics, other pillars of the pin community around the world. We are truly humbled by their support on a day in day out basis.....because we all want the same thing......a positive place for the Pin Community to trade safely and eventually buy safely from trusted sellers and retailers.
It is a waste of your time to rehash over and over what PinPics has done to you and judging us because we cannot read your minds and therefor we are not worthy in your eyes. That everything we have done means nothing. There were several in this forum that I said - just give us a chance and they did and now they are on PinPics trading every week. Leaving and receiving positive feedback for their trading partners. Those of you that wonder about people coming back to PinPics - they are coming back in the thousands. Why, because we do what we say we will do. We listen to the feedback and take action immediately. PinPics is a behemoth of a website....and it is FREE in the Classic state that it has always been and it will always be Free in the Classic state it is in now.....and we have added features like printing Digital Pin Books. Are we perfect - NO......but we are big enough to say if we make a mistake, fix it and move on. For the amount of negativity we have received for making a mistake - how would you feel if you were held to that same scrutiny for the mistakes you have made.....not real good. So hold up a mirror before you start dishing it out. Those of you that want to be martyrs and victims, it is totally your choice to do anything you want to do. Negativity breeds Negativity......and we have done nothing to deserve what some of you have heaped on us to bury us. Well you didn't bury us.....we believe in the Pin Community...we know the good people in this community. So I am out of here.......again all who want to be upbeat, positive, treat others with respect etc You are welcome to come to PinPics if you are not already there......Come and Join the Pin Party!

One more thing - the Terms in 2002 are the same as the Terms now. When you upload your photo to PinPics(or any of the other pin trading sites) that photo can be used by PinPics in any way we choose. The other sites are the same - and if you look at a photo on My Pin Central - directly under the photo it says this is their Copywrited Image. That also means that the photo is also yours. Now if you did not read the terms in 2002 and understand those were the terms - then I am sorry. But that is not the fault of PinPics. We are not the big bad evil Dragon. Thinking we are monetizing the content you added is wrong - we are not. If the person before us put up a paywall.......it has long been down - but if they did that has nothing to do with us. Some of you just want someone to blame......someone to be mad at. It is very sad.

Popping in here as this has been brought to my attention — with my wife and I having our first born this weekend, please excuse my tardiness, as I will be catching up as (and if) I can during the coming days. I'll work my way through it and respond to things that make sense.

I don't want to be involved in the Pinpics conversation whatsoever, but I will say that I'm disappointed that ever since Pinpics was originally sold almost a decade ago, it feels like Pinpics-related threads always end up in a huge fight and our DPF community losing valuable members on both sides of the argument. It's becoming very taboo to talk about Pinpics on this forum, much like you don't talk about religion, politics, or money at the family dinner table.

My humble opinion is that there will never be a resolution to this problem, and both sides have historically been unreasonable in their own ways. MODS, do as you must, but history shows that these threads will always end up being chaotic and messy. What is the value of threads like this? Maybe we should make a subforums with Database Updates where MODS from Pintrading Database and Pinpics and Pin&Pop can share out new features and website changes, but it would merely be informative and not allow for public discourse or responses. There is a time and place for everything, but I think continually allowing for the Pinpics debate to bleed into this forum will ultimately lead to this community continuing to die off. Seeing a dear member like @pretty_Omi being swayed away from this website makes me very sad as a someone who has been here from the very start.

I think my main takeaway to my fellow DPF'ers is as such: Don't like Pinpics or the new owners? Don't use it, don't support it. I have moved away from trading on Pinpics because I can't get on board with the new updates and I rarely get any responses from my trade requests anyways. Doesn't mean that I want to ruin the fun for any other users who support it and find value in it. I understand that there are people here who feel like they have more of a vested interest in it because they uploaded their own photos or contributed what they consider their own "intellectual property"... if you are that worked up about it, start a class action lawsuit over it... but to continuously vent about it on the forum definitely feels like banging your head against the wall over and over and over again... Pin trading is still very much in it's infancy, and although we want things to stay the same forever and change is sometimes scary, there is a plethora of new websites that you can use and support to get your pin trading fix or to utilize their database. While I no longer use Pinpics for trading (I still use the database), I have been immersed in Pin&Pop lately and am really enjoying it. In 5 years that may completely change and I may start to utilize a new trading website... the fact of the matter is that you have to move forward and try not to dwell too much on "what used to be" or you will end up stuck in the past. We have no control over what the Pinpics owners have done to the website over the last decade, and anyone who feels like they deserved any sort of input or control should have filed a class action lawsuit by now. Otherwise what's the point of screaming at a computer screen about things you have no control over?

Our little DPF community is slowly dying and our long-term members are quickly disappearing and threads like this DO NOT help our longevity. This is by no means trying to "shut anyone up" on either side of the argument. But alas, this argument has been happening for 10 years now and it always ends up like this. It's getting tired and stale to outsiders who do not want to engage with this kind of drama on a forum that is supposed to represent the Disney Magic of pin trading.

*END OF RANT*
In short, I agree.

I have always felt like there is space for everyone, so I never understood the tribalism; I've felt like both "groups" (?) can coexist, especially since PinPics was/is offering a service we could not/did not want to. Granted, PinPics does now offer a forum, so there's some overlap there.

Since its inception, DPF has been more "hands-off" in terms of moderation, knowing the time from before where most back then were heavily-moderated. We trusted that differences could be settled (in public or private) and that adults would/could be adults about most things. Admittedly, I have not been around much, except to basically keep the lights on and have trusted in the small volunteer team to keep things in order -- again, under the directive that only the most egregious offenses should be handled.

Truthfully, the site is (and has been) a money sink; we are not, and have (afaik) never been monetized — we're not sponsored, don't run ads/affiliate linking, don't offer subscriptions, or anything of the sort. My commitment to this was because there has been a wealth of information posted here over the last decade that may still be relevant today. If we had to go away, all of that would have to go away with it; so even though keeping the lights on has been coming out of my own pocket, I can't really see myself letting all of the useful info here go away. I have brought it up monetization/fundraising to the team, but haven't had a chance to really sit down and think about it with big life changes going on at the moment. It's something that we will need to think about if I intend to keep things afloat.

Going forward — if things can please stay civil, we can continue to allow healthy discussion about almost anything. If things continue to degenerate into threads where people either no longer feel safe/welcomed, then we will need to be more heavy-handed in order to keep things in line. I'd really appreciate it if the staff didn't need to comb over every post and we could remain mostly self-governed.

If you feel like something is out of line, report the post — it goes into the moderator forum where it can be reviewed and discussed by the team.

I'm sure there can exist a balance where the team is a little more hands-on and proactive, but the traffic (at least, until recently, it appears) doesn't seem to warrant it. And again, everyone has volunteered — my hesitation with increasing the size of the team over the years has been because there isn't too much to do to keep things in line, and I didn't want there to be more active staff than there are contributing members.

Last edited:
Popping in here as this has been brought to my attention — with my wife and I having our first born this weekend, please excuse my tardiness, as I will be catching up as (and if) I can during the coming days. I'll work my way through it and respond to things that make sense.

In short, I agree.

I have always felt like there is space for everyone, so I never understood the tribalism; I've felt like both "groups" (?) can coexist, especially since PinPics was/is offering a service we could not/did not want to. Granted, PinPics does now offer a forum, so there's some overlap there.

Since its inception, DPF has been more "hands-off" in terms of moderation, knowing the time from before where most back then were heavily-moderated. We trusted that differences could be settled (in public or private) and that adults would/could be adults about most things. Admittedly, I have not been around much, except to basically keep the lights on and have trusted in the small volunteer team to keep things in order -- again, under the directive that only the most egregious offenses should be handled.

Truthfully, the site is (and has been) a money sink; we are not, and have (afaik) never been monetized — we're not sponsored, don't run ads/affiliate linking, don't offer subscriptions, or anything of the sort. My commitment to this was because there has been a wealth of information posted here over the last decade that may still be relevant today. If we had to go away, all of that would have to go away with it; so even though keeping the lights on has been coming out of my own pocket, I can't really see myself letting all of the useful info here go away. I have brought it up monetization/fundraising to the team, but haven't had a chance to really sit down and think about it with big life changes going on at the moment. It's something that we will need to think about if I intend to keep things afloat.

Going forward — if things can please stay civil, we can continue to allow healthy discussion about almost anything. If things continue to degenerate into threads where people either no longer feel safe/welcomed, then we will need to be more heavy-handed in order to keep things in line. I'd really appreciate it if the staff didn't need to comb over every post and we could remain mostly self-governed.

If you feel like something is out of line, report the post — it goes into the moderator forum where it can be reviewed and discussed by the team.

I'm sure there can exist a balance where the team is a little more hands-on and proactive, but the traffic (at least, until recently, it appears) doesn't seem to warrant it. And again, everyone has volunteered — my hesitation with increasing the size of the team over the years has been because there isn't too much to do to keep things in line, and I didn't want there to be more active staff than there are contributing members.
Congratulations on your first bundle of joy and future DPFer!!
Such an exciting time for you and your family.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I remember the good days of pin trading but it's magic is gone since.

This site used to be very popular. It was fun but now almost a few old pin traders are around.

I guess magic disappeared.
Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk

Kind of aside/unrelated to this thread but…CONGRATULATIONS on your new born!!

Congratulations on your first bundle of joy and future DPFer!!
Such an exciting time for you and your family.

certainly looking forward to her first trip to DLR. Even though I don't trade/am not involved anymore, maybe she can pick it up :)

In short, I agree.

Congratulations on your new little one. Sleep as much as you can now!!

Congrats on your first sweet baby. You should definitely teach her to trade in the parks. My kids still love it and they're
old now.

They grow up way too fast.

Congratulations on your new little one. Sleep as much as you can now!!

Better yet, just start weaning yourself off sleep now.

Thank you all ❤️

I did not plan on making another post, but things have obviously changed, and more changes are happening behind the scenes, so I think its important I make this post. A narrative has been sown, that I think is unfair to the DPF community, and if no one speaks up to counter it, that narrative will be the only one that persists.

The moderation rules incident in September 2021 that was referenced by BellesEnchantedRose, and I agree with them with, the previous discussions regarding the 2nd change in PinPics ownership that I disagree with them with, it had a profound effect on me to the point that I believed I also should not participate on this forum anymore. I didn't make an announcement, because I don't believe that any member of a forum is more important than another. People change, needs change, and my needs felt like they were not in alignment with other DPF members who continually want the drama and the described negativity, to go away. I don't see much as what has happened as negative drama, but the result of passionate Disney pin collectors, who have had different experiences that have shaped their differing points of view, and reached different conclusions. In those discussions, I found agreement with the so-called "instigators" and so if they were wrong, and if I was on the wrong side, then I needed to be the one to leave. And not make a fuss about it.

I don't know if anyone noticed or cared that until the last two days, I have made less than 20 posts in the the 2+ years since I made my decision to end my active participation. Maybe people were happy that one of the cranky posters disappeared. The posts I did make, were of two primary types. Sale posts, which is about as little involvement one can have as a member, and not be a lurker. And issues in which I feel the issue is so important... and the responsibility I feel for being one of the ever dwindling people involved in pin collecting who was here from the very beginning who lived the history. Not just the very beginning of DPF, as noted by my profile tag, but the very beginning of Official Disney Pin Trading... demanded I say something. So that's why I made my post about acquiring LE pins at Disneyland Paris, and why I participated in this thread, early on to help people with multiple accounts get logged back in, and why I returned to it when it got bumped back up.

Statements have been made that "negative DPF" pushes people away, and I want it be more clear that as mybabykelly pointed out, people leaving is "both sides," and I am an example of this. This situation is being discussed elsewhere, and another person that I wouldn't be able to call a friend without DPF, said something that succinctly described something I had been feeling, and I hope she doesn't mind me quoting it, "A facade of pleasantness while ignoring issues is the real censorship." I left because of the loud voices, of people who have apparently decided to leave anyway, making it clear that the voices I value, and the difficult discussions that need to happen in public, even if messy, were harming the community, and shouldn't be allowed to repeat.

I know the people who feel wronged, won't believe it, but all my statements in this thread are made out of a sincere desire for PinPics to succeed, and based on my knowledge and experience of past Pin Community actions, not DPF, but Pin Community, have strong feelings that history will once again repeat itself, it things continue as they are. The new owners have described the state Pinpics was in when they acquired it as horrible, and I fully agree. But the people responsible for leaving PinPics in that state, did not enter their ownership with any less optimism and commitment than the new owners have demonstrated since making their acquisition, nor for it to end the way it did. The best of intentions do not automatically lead to the best of results, *especially* with business decisions. The new owners can not change that history, but they can learn from it, and hopefully avoid the same mistakes, and if anything is to be learned from this, is how long that kind of damage persists.

I've been distressed that instead of opening eyes, and a realization that people *care* enough to speak up about the issues past & present regarding PinPics, has been twisted into a narrative that they were being personally attacked and we are trying to bury them. Every point made, that was ignored in the need to defend, defend, defend... the feelings of being dismissed, talked down to, condescended to, and all of the same things that PinPics people were accusing of others of doing to them.... Made worse, that the people who complained about the negativity they felt was directed unfairly to PinPics, didn't speak up for someone like me as being a valuable member of this community, and that my knowledge and history meant absolutely nothing, and instead jumped to the defense of a brand. Because that's what PinPics is, a brand, and the people who posted, representatives of that brand... it was telling. Like I said, critical, honest feedback is hard, and so I have hoped that my candor and willingness to call things as I see them would be appreciated, at least by DPF members, beyond the ones that have shared over the years, how much my involvement has meant. Even if it doesn't come through due to the nature of my posts, I also feel hurt, I feel pain, I worry, and I feel guilt that I really am one of the bad ones after all.

For PinPics, time will tell which side is more right. I don't know what my participation will be looking forward, although I have more optimism about that then I've had over the past 2 years, but time will tell for that too.

We were trying to listen and get feedback between all of the negativity being slung at us. So I have not been back on the forum since. There wasn’t anything constructive coming out of it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for being open and honest about how you feel about the feedback offered so far. I'm sorry that the negativity makes it hard for you to see the diamond in the rough. If I'm misinterpreting your thoughts, please let me know.

P.s. congrats on the kid @Cicada !!!

So go to PinPics | Free Disney Pin Trading Database and choose Login in the Header. You will see in red type the Reset PW info.

Well, I was already logged in, that link isn't accessible when you are already logged in...
Is that the only way to change the password? I don't need to 'reset it', I just wanted to change it... Most forums have an option to change the password in your account settings after you have logged in, that's what I was looking for...

But, yeah, I guess using the 'Forgot your password' link works also...

Maybe we should make a subforums with Database Updates where MODS from Pintrading Database and Pinpics and Pin&Pop can share out new features and website changes, but it would merely be informative and not allow for public discourse or responses.

This is by no means trying to "shut anyone up" on either side of the argument.
Actually that's exactly what you're calling for.

Censorship and lack of discourse is never the answer. And I would not participate in any *discussion board* if it's decided that relevant topics *cannot be discussed* because some people don't want to hear another perspective expressed. Disagreement is not negativity. It's disagreement.

This board was one of the last places where the repository of knowledge of ye olden days of pin trading could be accessed and discussed. I'd be sad to see that knowledge base disappear because some people don't want to hear anything that counters a narrative they accept. But c'est la vie.

Well, I was already logged in, that link isn't accessible when you are already logged in...
Is that the only way to change the password? I don't need to 'reset it', I just wanted to change it... Most forums have an option to change the password in your account settings after you have logged in, that's what I was looking for...

But, yeah, I guess using the 'Forgot your password' link works also...
message me at molly@pinpics and I will help you!

Hey everyone. When I made this post, my intentions were innocent. I just wanted a place where people could talk about the new features that Pinpics has rolled out. While it hasn’t been perfect, PP has always been an integral part of online Disney pin trading. This, however, was never meant to be a ‘let’s bash Pinpics and rehash all the wrongs we think they’ve done to us!’ Post. I apologize to those who have been hurt due to the creation of this post. It was never my intention and I’m so sorry it has become a vehicle for pain.

Here is a photo showing the pins I traded for during today’s Kraken trade event. I also met TheMickeyRules in the hallway by chance, and she couldn’t have been nicer! This is what pin trading should be about. Making friends. Sharing our love of Disney and these shiny pieces of metal. Helping each other with our collections. The magic isn’t dead, I promise!
9e6752379748dbc0badd981558911261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On behalf of DPF moderation, we thank you for your patience during the last few days. Please be aware that the moderators currently are working on a proper, detailed statement that will address both this latest incident and the general problems with which we believe DPF has been struggling. We are working hard on it and will post it as soon as humanly possible, but we have too much respect for you, the community, to post anything less than the thoughtful and well-considered statement that you deserve.

We ask that you withhold any commentary in relation to this response until after the formal statement is posted. The purpose of this post is to say 'we see you and we thank you for your patience during these last few days.' We also would remind everyone that just because DPF moderation does not post on a thread, that does not mean that we are unaware of it. We spend much more time lurking than many of you realize and just because we choose not to respond does not mean we do not see it.

Unfortunately Facebook groups are way worse than this place. Dpf was actually a fun place. Facebook is way worse. People will talk smack about you.

Wow! Over 100 posts since #386! Lots said with lots of emotions and points of view. I've been trying to keep up but, it's been difficult to slog thru all the technical talk AND all the animosity. :(

One thing, in my opinion, to remember. Figgy and Britt (original creators with DizPins) had a choice - to sell or SHUT THE SITE DOWN.

Once sold, PinPics became a commodity and NO LONGER a community.

Were the next 2 (?) owners good? No. Is that the current owner's (Molly & Joe) fault? NO!

There seems to be some long brewing hostilities towards ANY successive owner of PinPics. This is both illogical and non-productive.

If you no longer want to contribute info to PinPics, fine but, STOP "bashing" the ONLY people with the guts and willingness to spend their own money to keep the database going!!!!

I appreciate the fact that the site has been sold to people who want to keep it going despite the push back from a small, vocal group of "naysayers" who believe they were "wronged" when PinPics became a commodity (oh sooooo long ago).

I look forward, since looking back is useless, to what the new owners can do for the physical PinPics site and what they can bring to the Pin Trading Community. :)
@MollyAnne
@stratasfan

Wow! Over 100 posts since #386! Lots said with lots of emotions and points of view. I've been trying to keep up but, it's been difficult to slog thru all the technical talk AND all the animosity. :(

One thing, in my opinion, to remember. Figgy and Britt (original creators with DizPins) had a choice - to sell or SHUT THE SITE DOWN.

Once sold, PinPics became a commodity and NO LONGER a community.

Were the next 2 (?) owners good? No. Is that the current owner's (Molly & Joe) fault? NO!

There seems to be some long brewing hostilities towards ANY successive owner of PinPics. This is both illogical and non-productive.

If you no longer want to contribute info to PinPics, fine but, STOP "bashing" the ONLY people with the guts and willingness to spend their own money to keep the database going!!!!

I appreciate the fact that the site has been sold to people who want to keep it going despite the push back from a small, vocal group of "naysayers" who believe they were "wronged" when PinPics became a commodity (oh sooooo long ago).

I look forward, since looking back is useless, to what the new owners can do for the physical PinPics site and what they can bring to the Pin Trading Community. :)
@MollyAnne
@stratasfan
Thank you so much TiggerSue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back