• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics Rapunzel Reveal/Conceal Raffle at WonderCon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get your hopes up folks...this is a SCAM by Pinpics to highlight their Appearance at WONDERCON.

There will be NO RAFFLE....as RAFFLES like that are ILLEGAL in the State of California.

Just my 2 cents...but not raffling it...

Diana

Don't get your hopes up folks...this is a SCAM by Pinpics to highlight their Appearance at WONDERCON.

There will be NO RAFFLE....as RAFFLES like that are ILLEGAL in the State of California.

Just my 2 cents...but not raffling it...

Diana

Uh... no... this is a real thing... It is NOT a scam. There are prizes for those who do not win the top two prices. SEE HERE. and on the main blog page it states....
"We have decided to raffle off a R/C Rapunzel Chaser pin. Winner will be announced live at the WonderCon panel (you do not need to be there to win). Event attendees who buy slots will also be entered into a second raffle (Tangled Marquee). Everyone will win something! Please include an additional $3 for shipping, per person (not per slot)"

Diana, I don't know what you have against pinpics (being banned or whatever) but to post about it being a scam is very, very rude in my opinion.

Pin pics works very hard to please their members, they run this great site for everyone for free! I have dealt with the pinpics administration many times they are very sweet.

Guys if you want to enter, please do. This is NOT a scam, it is real. Pinpics is awesome- they would not run a fake raffle like this.

Last edited:
Pinpics replied to my post inquiring about whether there are consolation prizes available, which they said there would be. What they are, I don't know, but you are purchasing something unknown with an opportunity to win something big.

Well, personally I wouldn't send money to anyone conducting an illegal raffle....State of California frowns on anything that competes with the Lottery.

This raffle will be shut down..so...why risk your money???

Do consolation prizes make the raffle legal? What if the consolation prize is a hidden mickey? Don't think I would like to pay $10 for that.

Don't attack Diana, she is an attorney and is more knowledgeable about law then we are. I am grateful for the information.

I cited the law about raffles in the post on the first page. :)

I don't think this would be considered a "raffle" if everyone gets a prize, but I'll be happy to look into it.

Wondercon panel is on a Saturday (oops!)

Last edited:
I thought I read that you get a grab bag with every spot and that the chaser is in one of the bags. Did I read this wrong?

Yep, just read it again. You are purchasing mystery bags. I don't think that's the same as a raffle. Good luck everyone!

We have decided to sell mystery bags one of which has the elusive R/C Rapunzel Chaser pin. Winner will be announced live at the WonderCon panel (you do not need to be there to win). Event attendees who buy slots will also be eligible for the second drawing (Tangled Marquee). Everyone will win something! Please include an additional $3 for shipping, per person (not per slot) $6 for international shipping.

looks like you can ;)

PinPics is not running any kind of scam, and this is a WONDERFUL Opportunity to possibly win the Ultimate Tangled Grail! I think all the fun thing PinPics has done recently (including the Pins at Cost games and all) are the best example of how much dedication they have on fighting back all the sharking there is in our community. PinPics is the Leader for all things Disney Pins in my opinion and is headed in the right direction! They are constantly striving to make the best possible connections for us all to continue the trading traditions and make the Pin World a safer Place! <3 :D

WAY 2 GO PINPICS!
<3 Laz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back