• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics Rapunzel Reveal/Conceal Raffle at WonderCon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics Rapunzel Reveal/Conceal Raffle at WonderCon!
They hadn't added the shipping money until after I paid. Wonder what I do lol. Also, they didn't ask for an address? Wonder why! And, if they are grab bags, how would they go about revealing the results at the panel? I'm slightly confused!

They hadn't added the shipping money until after I paid. Wonder what I do lol. Also, they didn't ask for an address? Wonder why! And, if they are grab bags, how would they go about revealing the results at the panel? I'm slightly confused!

I think the results that are being revealed at the panel are for the Tangled Marquee pin since that one is only going to someone who attends :)

Best of luck to everyone entering! These 2 pins are some of my favorites in my almost completed Tangled collection <3

That sounds kinda fishy but my guess is they go by the address provided by your paypal information? If it even shows up.

But when you think about it yea...if they are grab bags how do you announce the winner if you're mailing the bags out? Unless they already know what bag has it and doesn't matter if they sent it out or not? Which means they already know number thats going to win so they can just say "so and so on # so and so, won't they be surprised when it arrives!" Or something to that extent.

I think the results that are being revealed at the panel are for the Tangled Marquee pin since that one is only going to someone who attends :)

Nope it says "R/C Rapunzel Chaser pin. Winner will be announced live at the WonderCon panel (you do not need to be there to win)."

And then for the Marquee its "
Event attendees who buy slots will also be eligible for the second drawing (Tangled Marquee)."

Nope it says "R/C Rapunzel Chaser pin. Winner will be announced live at the WonderCon panel (you do not need to be there to win)."

And then for the Marquee its "Event attendees who buy slots will also be eligible for the second drawing (Tangled Marquee)."

You just said a more detailed version of what i said, thanks :) <3 I'm on my cell phone so cutting and pasting is hard. Especially on mu dieing battery lol

Nekov I love your siggy btw :) <3

Last edited:
Eek! I'm soooo unlucky with raffles. I don't think I EVER won one in my whole life. Now the question is, how many spots to gamble on??? Hmmmmmmmm......this is CRAZZZZY and im pretty sure I would pee my pants if I won.

They will probably ask for $3 to cover shipping. The information changed from what it said this morning (was a raffle, no information re: consolation prizes, no information re: shipping).

As to who wins, all they need to do is put all 200 #s into a bowl and pull one number. That # wins the R/C chaser. Everyone else just gets a mystery grab bag.

For the people who are present, they get their information, match it up with their sheet with user names/real names, write those #s down, stick them into a bowl or hat, and then pull numbers from that hat/bowl. They can even use the same hat/bowl as the first drawing.

PinPics is not running any kind of scam, and this is a WONDERFUL Opportunity to possibly win the Ultimate Tangled Grail! I think all the fun thing PinPics has done recently (including the Pins at Cost games and all) are the best example of how much dedication they have on fighting back all the sharking there is in our community. PinPics is the Leader for all things Disney Pins in my opinion and is headed in the right direction! They are constantly striving to make the best possible connections for us all to continue the trading traditions and make the Pin World a safer Place! <3 :D

WAY 2 GO PINPICS!
<3 Laz

+1 yay!

BTW I was told to send my address in the email they provided :)

The My-D Pins team and I have made concerted efforts to refrain from commenting on any of the discussions or voicing any opinions regarding PinPics/Lansam. However, recent developments have compelled me to come forward and voice my opinion, questioning the ethics of PinPics/Lansam's upcoming raffle. PinPics/Lansam is conducting a raffle at WonderCon next month, in which it is illegal in the state of California to require payment for raffle tickets unless you are a non-profit or the funds go to charity. There are a lot of loopholes on how the raffle could be rigged. As much as I would like to give the benefit of the doubt and hope that PinPics/Lansam would not do anything to rig it, I was informed by eyewitnesses that Lenny from Lansam (company that owns PinPics) was at the DFC/PinPics discussion panel and was seen bidding on some of the silent auction items that they were auctioning off. Why would there be a need for him to bid on the company's pins? This was truly a disappointing development, and as active members and supporters of the pin community, my team and I are concerned about these recent developments.

The My-D Pins team and I have made concerted efforts to refrain from commenting on any of the discussions or voicing any opinions regarding PinPics/Lansam. However, recent developments have compelled me to come forward and voice my opinion, questioning the ethics of PinPics/Lansam's upcoming raffle. PinPics/Lansam is conducting a raffle at WonderCon next month, in which it is illegal in the state of California to require payment for raffle tickets unless you are a non-profit or the funds go to charity. There are a lot of loopholes on how the raffle could be rigged. As much as I would like to give the benefit of the doubt and hope that PinPics/Lansam would not do anything to rig it, I was informed by eyewitnesses that Lenny from Lansam (company that owns PinPics) was at the DFC/PinPics discussion panel and was seen bidding on some of the silent auction items that they were auctioning off. Why would there be a need for him to bid on the company's pins? This was truly a disappointing development, and as active members and supporters of the pin community, my team and I are concerned about these recent developments.

Thanks for commenting. You did the right thing.

Very disturbing. Running an illegal raffle and having the poor people that fall for it send money via PayPal as a gift so that there is no dispute process to get a refund once it gets canceled and shut down. And from the sounds of previous posts here from starry_solo, they said that "They changed the wording again." Just shows that they don't know what they are doing, didn't think it out, and keep changing details. What else will change? I will love to see how the winner will be selected if there is in fact a real winner.

=======

Editing to add: Also, I love how for the marquee pin you must be present to win but no where on their own site advertising this do they mention a date or time. Guess that's one way to make sure that the winner won't be present.

Last edited:
This is actually stressing me out more than it should. I mean, the most I could be out is $20, I guess, which I would be pretty upset about. But it wouldn't be earth shattering. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but like Alex, I paid this morning and there was no mention of extra shipping costs, nor consolation prizes. (Not complaining about the latter, actually feeling good about that.) I also did not have an opportunity to give an address. I bet their email is slammed, but I haven't heard back from this morning when I asked about paying the $3 for shipping...

I want to assume positive intent. I want this to be real. This is the only way I would ever be able to own this pin and I'm nine pins from a complete Tangled set... This would be the ultimate wedding gift... Please be legit Pinpics, pleaaaase.

I personally don't see anything wrong with this raffle.
If you are getting a consolation prize, pinpics is LOSING
Money. Someone could easily sell the rc punzel for 2,000.

So I think this is pretty generous. A chance and an automatic
Prize? Don't see how it's much different than a game played on
This forum.

Editing to add: Also, I love how for the marquee pin you must be present to win but no where on their own site advertising this do they mention a date or time. Guess that's one way to make sure that the winner won't be present.

For what it's worth and in their defense, oftentimes the location for a panel is at the convention staff's discretion and isn't announced until closer to the event. They might not know what room in the convention center their panel will be hosted in yet. Someone said that they had a date and time for the panel, and if that's true, a TBA location is normal for conventions... :)

I personally don't see anything wrong with this raffle.
If you are getting a consolation prize, pinpics is LOSING
Money. Someone could easily sell the rc punzel for 2,000.

So I think this is pretty generous. A chance and an automatic
Prize? Don't see how it's much different than a game played on
This forum.

It ISNT...

Hey Josh of My D-Pins,

Want to play Russian Roulette? Would you bet your shop that those pins were mine? How about your goodwill with the community that if I showed you the auction forms you won't find my name anywhere and you could speak to all the bidders to confirm only they bid?
Willing to put a chunk of cash down that money from those sales didn't go to a local charity, so even if I did bid it would have been for a good cause?
How about having a pair and tell these fine folks who told you? Did you demand proof or even shoot me a PM to ask me about it?

I didn't think so.

Lenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back