• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

POLL: Would you pay a nominal fee for a regular trading day/night??

Would you be willing to pay for a monthly trading day/night??

• No

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • yes $5.00 to $10.00

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • yes $11.00 to $20.00

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • yes $25.00 and higher depending on what they offer

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
POLL: Would you pay a nominal fee for a regular trading day/night??

nursek8

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Would you be willing to pay a fee to attend a monthly trading night? if so how much?

1. NO

2. Yes, $5 to $10.00
3. Yes $11.00 to $20.00
4. Yes $25.00 and above depending on what they offer and how long.

Last edited:
It all depends on what is offered. I would say yes, but the cost would be based on what the resort/Disney offered, such as food, freebies, a board, etc.

i wish that they would have a 4 or 5 hour pin trading with tables and such, i dont worry about freebies or the boards but to only have a 3 hour night a couple times a year it seems like now is not enough! I am willing to pay a small fee just so we can get together to trade if they are worried about $$.

most of us already pay 15.00 just to park, so I don't think I would pay to have regular trading nights at DLR, now if someone wanted to rent a hall and put one on on the side, I would pay for that.

I don't think we should have to pay for the current format of PTN, but in all fairness I'd pay $5-$10 each PTN anyway if they'd just run them monthly. After going to my first PTN in January, the wait for... what was it, May?... is killing me.

-JD

most of us already pay 15.00 just to park, so I don't think I would pay to have regular trading nights at DLR, now if someone wanted to rent a hall and put one on on the side, I would pay for that.
same; i imagine the door fee would cover use of the venue; having put on other events, renting halls can be really expensive, and everything is a'la carte with regard to anything included (water dispensers, etc).

Totally agree - already pay to park & the profit from pins should be enough as it stands. Even though I am in the UK I would not contribute anymore

I would not pay because seriously with how much money they make off pins - the trading nights are the LEAST they can do!!!

I'm just poor!
Its an interesting idea, but I think the idea of paying more to trade would put a lot a people in a bad mood. Pins are not very cheap, and those little guys add up! If that fee included a free pin made for that specific trading night, maybe, but in my opinion the least they could do is give us something for paying, because pin trading can happen for free outside of the park.

Of course, I say all this without ever having been to a Disney sponsored pin trading event. It makes me sad. One day I'll go.

Totally agree - already pay to park & the profit from pins should be enough as it stands. Even though I am in the UK I would not contribute anymore

completely agree on that one!! they should just be encouraging pin trading! make more people want to start and then they will just make even more money off people buying pins in the park!

I clicked "No" based on what we get now for free. While I acknowledge that it is very generous of Disney to "donate" a room for us (which I'm sure they just couldn't book for paying customers; obviously that's why there are no PTNs in months including December), and the CMs who work the PTNs are being paid, aside from (tap) water, they aren't providing anything for which I would pay extra.

I love seeing the upcoming pins on the boards, but of course that's also to their advantage, it's more or less *tangible* advertising on their part, we're going to be shelling out more money to buy the pins.

I would consider paying some type of fee if they offered something extra (I'm not sure what, though, I'd have to think about it--not food/snacks).

I see PTNs as something we AND Disney benefit from; they are providing the "event" and we are certainly providing the do-re-me (all year, not just that night) buying pins.

I'm grateful they give us the PTNs, they should be grateful we are so consistent in our pin purchases (please don't read this sentence in a "sour grapes" tone of voice--I just mean, it is what it is).

Hannette

The main reason I'd be okay with paying $5-$10 for a PTN admission, is that I know I'm going to do at least ten or fifteen trades, maybe more. If I was going to do those trades on pinpics, I'd be shelling out $3 a trade for postage and mailing supplies anyways for each trade. If they're only going to do a couple PTN's a year, then yeah, I wouldn't pay for that. But if it would get us back our monthly PTN's, I'm cool with a nominal fee.

-JD

Instead of charging a fee, which might keep some newer traders away, maybe they could find other ways to make some money off the PTNs. Maybe set up a little table selling exclusive PTN pins and have someone selling snacks.

Based on WDW PTNs I voted no. But, like other people mentioned, if they had boards maybe I would. At Love is Magical they gave out tickets to use on the boards. Maybe if they sold tickets for using on PTN boards? That way people who don't like them wouldn't have to pay.

I only been to one PTN and based on what was offered, probably not. I'm guessing that pins are pretty profitable for Disney so holding events and keeping the pin trading hobby alive is as or more beneficial for them as it is for me.

I voted yes at $5-$10, but I wouldn't pay for a Disney event. I would pay for someone to sponsor a monthly event that is within driving distance of my home. I'm 2 hours away from the park (WDW) and it's a long drive late at night by yourself.

I've been wanting to vote on this but since I've never been to one I don't know how I would feel. For someone who doesn't live near a park, a good point was made that if paying a fee meant that they would be scheduled in advance and one could count on it happening then I might be willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back