• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Sign up for a Different Kind of Grail Zap!

ZAPPED! Sign up for a Different Kind of Grail Zap!

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Hey there! Hopefully I caught your attention with "Grail Zap" ;P

So! I joined DPF just shy of two months ago and I am ~constantly~ surprised and amazed at the kindness shown around here! People are getting zapped so often and quite frequently with Grails that I'm surprised a transformer hasn't blown (or maybe that's the cause of the site outages.....)

I, for my part, have been zapped several times just within the few months I've been here! And while receiving is AWESOME, I really want to be able to zap some people! Now, of course, I have pins to zap with (and have done some zaps), but since I'm a new collector, I don't have the raw materials to really zap out some grails!

OR DO I!?!?!?

So not too long ago I finalized a trade with echoharmony on behalf of PrincessJasmine and, in preparation to send out the pin, I had a brilliant idea to send out a zap as well! A Grail Zap! But not a pin! Ah, I see, you're thoroughly confused now. Well, how about I show you!

PrincessJasmine_zps5ef43939.jpg
pin85999_zps942a44b9.jpg

(I took the picture before I realized I had forgotten the little black tassels at her waist. They are in the final product, I promise.)

So! It's a grail alright, just not a pin! It's a magnet! In my years of nerd-dom, I've done my fair share of crafting (mostly anime stuff) and have been called on more than one occasion a Felt Wizard (I've always been Merlin...always.).

And with this little gal, I believe I might have found a niche here at DPF! I know I can't send out grail pins, but maybe I can send out grail magnets! XD It takes your fandom out of your pin bag/board/lanyard and lets you display your favorite or grail pin out and proud on your fridge, filing cabinet, etc!!!

So here's what I'm offering. At undisclosed intervals (i.e. whenever I have time...) I will randomly select someone from this thread and zap them a free magnet! :D Now, um, there are a few provisos, a couple of quid pro quos:

• There are limits to the power of felt. Things felt can't do:
    Faces (usually the scale is just too small)
    Words (it never works...)
    Special Effects (such as glitter, movement, etc.)
    Hyper-tiny Detail (I have small scissors, but there's a point where the felt just falls apart...)
  • The magnets are about 4-7 inches height and/or width. So around that size-ish.
  • Single Characters are best. Pairs at the most. Too many people can get really complicated!
  • As of now, you will only get zapped from this thread ONCE (that might change down the line).
  • I want these to be one of a kind. So once I make one, that will almost definitely be the last one I make.

So, what do YOU have to do? Well, that's simple! All you need to do is post here ONE pin you would LOVE to own as a magnet! It can be a grail, it can be the first pin you ever got, it can be whatever!

Also, international collectors are MORE then welcome to post! I will do my best to incorporate you guys as well. :3

Alrighty! that's it for now! Can't wait to see what pins pop up!

Here are some examples of my felt magnet work (anime stuff included):
lovtbell_zps76ccd0be.jpg

054d8ca16be5002da102bdbb6b28af7e_zps2682d378.jpg
Anime_Magnet___Pokeballs_Gen_1_by_merlinemrys_zpsfc32b510.jpg
video_game_magnet___portal_by_merlinemrys-d4i01mc_zpsec5e7572.jpg

I'll replace the anime ones with Disney ones as I do them. :3

Oh, and also, if you just can't wait to be zapped, shoot me a pm and perhaps we can work out a commission. Hahah! But I really want to zap them! ^0^

~Merlin

Oh my gosh this is so darling and sweet of you to do! I would love to do an exchange? I'd like to try my hand at it too, and make one for you if you don't mind? :D

I would love one of the Pixar Studio Bear Brave pin in my signature! <3

Oh! That's a cute one! :D

Also, for future reference everyone, including the pin number would be most appreciated. :3 I can usually figure it out, or see it in your sig, but it would help a bit. ^^; I see yours in your sig, David and ElysionPrincess. ;P

~Merlin

Last edited:
Oh my gosh!! Those are amazing... Wow!!! If you get the time I would really like....

My absolute favorite Brave pin, a pin I was very blessed to purchase... OR
This beautiful Rapunzel pin I hope to be blessed with in the future....

I know you said pick one... but I didn't know if these would be too complicated.... and I would be happy to have any of these.. >.<
They are linked to pin pics by the image. >.<

Oh, these are so cute! That DP Jasmine you did looks so awesome!! I never would have thought that you could do something like that with felt!! Wowsa, girl! You're so talented!! :bigthumb:

Hmm...I'm not sure which, is any of my siggy pins would work for this. My #1 most wanted grail pin is the Autumn Ariel, but since that's just a face that prob wouldn't work. Maybe the stained glass Belle and Prince (64451)??? Ooh, I bet that would be nice!! Or the Stitch as Cheshire Cat (36545)? That would be pretty awesome, too. You would know what would work best though. These are soooo cool!!

Last edited:
I think my ideal one would be si and amPin 12537: Disney Auctions - Si & Am or.Pin 31902: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Si & Am...either pose.. or for more of a challenge. Pegasus from Hercules. Any pose.

This is reall amazing what you can do with felt. And thanks for the new zaps!!

Back