• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! The Analog Pin Trading thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! The Analog Pin Trading thread!

Kiragigi

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hi all!
Today I've finally reached my wits end with the eBay quoters. So I'd like to start a new thread for those of us who prefer to trade the classic way.

Trading guidelines:

1) when evaluating your pin for trade, things to look at:
-pin origin (WDI? Paris? Hong Kong? Soda fountain, auctions, etc)
-age of pin
-LE size
-character popularity
-trade ratios or any other info gleaned from pin pics

2) what NOT to use to evaluate your pin:
-eBay sales
-perceived dollar value

I want to trade for the pins that I (or my friends) want. I also loooooooove helping other traders get the pins they are looking for. That's FUN! Many times over the years I've shorted myself on a trade bc we are all in this together and it's really exciting to help someone get the pin they want. I want to share my joy of pin trading with others who feel the same way about it as I do. I'm soooooooo tired of all the used-car negotiating that pin trading has turned into. So consider this a Renaissance movement!

Ive also just created a Facebook group for traders like me: Classic Disney Pin Traders. If you are on Facebook and feel the same way I do, I hope you'll join.

As as for on DPF, feel free to post pins for trade or your pinpics ID. As soon as I am tech-savvy enough to post some pins for trade, I'll post some pics. In the meantime, my pinpics ID is vickypond and I hope that we can return pin trading to the camaraderie it used to be!

thanks huge!

I am in... i know you have a few pins I want, but I think I only have one want if yours... vickypond.

My pinpics is the same as my user name. .. ksnuggles.

YAY finally someone who feels the same way :) ,count me IN !! I want the fun to return to pin trading ! My pinpics name is butterbear if you see anything you like please . I have some pins on your wants list.Please pm me if you see anything you'd like .

I'm in! Pin Pics ID is my id here: TammyH

I'm glad you started this (but sorry I can't join the Facebook group -- no FB account).

I'm in! Real trading for the fun of it not for value perceived sounds like a group for me! I'm sismelis on pin pics. My traders are up to date, and I am willing to consider a trade for something in my "collection" not on the trader list. Depends on the offer....for example if you have a NightSquawks pin from the Masterpiece series.....Fun, fun, fun awaits us all I think.
Melissa

I'm in too! I've only ever traded once on Pinpics, and have only bought a few things here on the forum... could someone tell me what is the appropriate way to ask for a trade / respond when one person has stuff the other is interested in, but not vice-versa? And how would you go about finding a three-way trade that might work?

I'm in too! I've only ever traded once on Pinpics, and have only bought a few things here on the forum... could someone tell me what is the appropriate way to ask for a trade / respond when one person has stuff the other is interested in, but not vice-versa? And how would you go about finding a three-way trade that might work?

I usually message them, say what pin of theirs I like and ask them to look at my traders. If I don't have anything they want, I will ask: which of your want(s) would you trade for that pin? Then I can get a list of pins I can look for to trade for in order to trade for that pin. In that way I set up my own three way trades. Hope that helps!

Sure thing I'll join! :3
Pin Pics ID: AvatarAng1
Most of my traders aren't on Pin Pics though and I'll probably be too lazy to add them lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Post some pics of your traders, Avatarang!
Sure thing! :p

f8d24226093fdf7fd2d5a827bbf3a3c5.jpg

61843827a22552f2b2854f7a2129439f.jpg

45c7f59be0b39f67888be02e424e1101.jpg

985d149bf2f304a620a178f5dd9e59e5.jpg

These pins are just traders for me so if you see something let me know. :3
I also have a book full of villains if anyone wants to see that. :3

id love to see the villain book... Any Maleficent? Or will queen or queen of hearts?

I am in ! I sent you a PM. Anyone else looking to trade, feel free to check out the trading thread I have up.

I'm in too! My PinPIcs ID is CoryTheRaven. Don't be daunted by my want list. If you really want a pin I'm offering to trade, drop me a line anyways. You may come up with something to offer that I would want but haven't seen yet. And I'm willing to trade for things I don't really want if I have a pin you want, since we're all a community here :)

id love to see the villain book... Any Maleficent? Or will queen or queen of hearts?
I'm so glad to see everyone joining the retro-lution! :D

Here you go! :3

d8e44ebe0209ea05ccb2bbccbf3e748e.jpg

140ec64482f4728fe301e9b042627c4c.jpg

e90e01baa71e20c6283af6c55089c030.jpg

4374b5355bf6bd29c906e73b2885f64f.jpg

dcddb340e6f3e8cc08abc9be349b1f08.jpg

If anyone needs close ups, don't hesitate to ask, because I know I'm a horrible photographer lol. :p

I also have some Jafar pins somewhere around here if anyone would like to see those as well. :)

Im In! My PinPics Id is benvb53
I would love to make a trade! If I have anything you want let me know and we can work something out!

Im in! My pinpics is Snoffsan. I have a lot of older European pins that might be hard to find in USA. I live in Sweden but have an american address in case you dont want to ship internationally. I want in even though I dont live in USA so this is my way, but of course Im very happy to trade with people who do ship internationally because me and my twins LOVE to get pin mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back