• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! The Analog Pin Trading thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! The Analog Pin Trading thread!
Kiragigi rocks! We worked out a trade and she zapped me with a Pete's Dragon pin I hadn't seen before, but of course needed for my PD collection! Thanks so much Vicky. I'm embarassed that I have been so busy I haven't had time to get to the post office with your pin....hoping to get there today.
Sismelis

Kiragigi rocks! We worked out a trade and she zapped me with a Pete's Dragon pin I hadn't seen before, but of course needed for my PD collection! Thanks so much Vicky. I'm embarassed that I have been so busy I haven't had time to get to the post office with your pin....hoping to get there today.
Sismelis

Oh yay! So glad you liked it! That's what I looooove about old school (aka Analog) trading: is that no one is concerned with squeezing every last dime out of their trade partner. We are simply trading pins for the love of pins-- and it inspires generosity & camaraderie (at least on my part!). Hope to have lots more analog trades down the road!

On the flip side of analog pin trading: I have been trying to trade with a guy on Facebook for the WDI Maleficent profile pin. He gave me a list of pins he would accept as a fair trade for Maleficent, as she goes for around $100. I say: ok, fine. I found one of the pins over the weekend. He responds with: now you'll have to add another pin to trade for the Mali. I ask why-- as the last two Malis on ebay have been around $78 and the last three times this particular pin he wanted sold on ebay each one was $90 or above (it had only been sold three times in recents). He says: Because Mali's value is going to go up, and she will be worth more. Really!? Pardon me but WTF!? We are not trading stocks, we are trading pins. And does he happen to have a crystal ball? I have so many issues with this. Needless to say I am done with this trader and will focus my energy on ppl who do this for the love of the pins.

Oh yay! So glad you liked it! That's what I looooove about old school (aka Analog) trading: is that no one is concerned with squeezing every last dime out of their trade partner. We are simply trading pins for the love of pins-- and it inspires generosity & camaraderie (at least on my part!). Hope to have lots more analog trades down the road!

On the flip side of analog pin trading: I have been trying to trade with a guy on Facebook for the WDI Maleficent profile pin. He gave me a list of pins he would accept as a fair trade for Maleficent, as she goes for around $100. I say: ok, fine. I found one of the pins over the weekend. He responds with: now you'll have to add another pin to trade for the Mali. I ask why-- as the last two Malis on ebay have been around $78 and the last three times this particular pin he wanted sold on ebay each one was $90 or above (it had only been sold three times in recents). He says: Because Mali's value is going to go up, and she will be worth more. Really!? Pardon me but WTF!? We are not trading stocks, we are trading pins. And does he happen to have a crystal ball? I have so many issues with this. Needless to say I am done with this trader and will focus my energy on ppl who do this for the love of the pins.
What the heck?! Lol, literally that guy sounds like the exact reason you started this group!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Sounds fun! I love trading! May I join?

Pinpics: Tsuki

My trades are on there :). I haven't many but I can pick up some pins from the UK Disney Store if anyone wants any?

Dusted off my profile* and have been lurking on the boards, AND I'm still on a pin purchasing hiatus, but I'd love to join and trade for fun!!

Pinpics ID is thedock but PM me through here because I get some bogus requests there

*Disappeared because life got crazy busy (like it always does) and I had a baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to laugh at the people who make statements like "this pin will only increase in value"- don't they remember beanie babies? I'm not collecting pins for their monetary value- I collect for the artistry or because the character has a special meaning to me. This group takes the crazy away and gets back to basics. Thanks for starting us off Kiragigi!

I am in as well. Traders are mostly up to date in Pin Pics (Counselor) though there are always a few that are not cataloged. Hopefully, there is something there someon needs :)

Yay! So happy to have found like minded pin friends! And has anyone noticed that the dollar value of pins has dramatically decreased since the focus on money has heightened!?

To help all of us with trading, I know some of us have already done this, you may want to add this to your signature.

http://pinpics.com/DPFlinks.php

This will give all of us a direct link to your trades and wants and if we have any matches. Remember you have to be logged into PinPics before clicking on the link. Hope this helps.

Thanks and happy pin trading. Bob

Trading friends I need some help. I have been collecting the 60th Anniversary Mystery Puzzles. I have a few "extras" from Series 4 (a Mike and a Sully). In order to complete Series 1 and the entire puzzle I need to track down and trade for 109969 Dumbo, 109473 Alice, 109472 Snow White. Can anyone help? I have tried PinPics searches and sent out countless requests without any positive responses.... Thanks in advance!

I'm just getting started so I have a rather small and lame collection, but I'm definitely not in this for the value, just the fun of collecting! Check me out on PinPicks where I'm also mrsgeek - I'd love to trade just for the fun of it!

Don't have many pins but would like to trade for fun and making friends. Check out all my pins. Not really set up right do check my own stuff also. I may trade from it.

Pinpics- ktkt70

I've got lots of booster, hm, OEs I'm looking to pay forward, so if you post here with your pinpics ID and I have one of your wants I'll message you for your address and send u a zap! Happy new year!

This sounds like a great idea! I'm just kinda afraid that I am only in the business of small trades for now.. no snazzy LE or or rare pins (yet). I will check out the FB group though!

I'll be poking through this tomorrow and seeing I can't move some of these stale traders I have. :3 take a look here and see if you need anything!

8c7fff040d16aa76b696ca666f02013f.jpg

You're also welcome to check out my traders on pinpics : Merlin_emrys

Lets get some new year trades underway!

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'll be poking through this tomorrow and seeing I can't move some of these stale traders I have. :3 take a look here and see if you need anything!

8c7fff040d16aa76b696ca666f02013f.jpg

You're also welcome to check out my traders on pinpics : Merlin_emrys

Lets get some new year trades underway!

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Dang. I need one pin from the pass holder set. You have stitch. Any idea were I can get the Minnie as mermaid one? Thanks

Glad I found this post. I sent a request to the fb group; and my pinpic is: wingamy (same as my DPF account name). I am in the process of updating my pinpic account, so if you see something you like, just let me know. I'll look at any traders, just not the ones I have listed as "wants". Thanks :)

I'll have to take the time to go back over older posts and check out everyone's comments and id's.... look for requests to be sent. :wavey:

I'll have to take the time to go back over older posts and check out everyone's comments and id's.... look for requests to be sent. :wavey:

Well, if anybody wants to contact me, please do so via pinpics. I briefly looked thru everyone's pinpic "they want/you want" tabs and didn't find any matches. Maybe on my day off, I'll be able to take the time to look through entire collections and make an offer. Happy trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back