• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Winter Disney Music Game! (Free to Play!) Take-Home Test Style

The Winter Disney Music Game! (Free to Play!) Take-Home Test Style

akaibara

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Okay everyone! :)
It's time to test your Disney music knowledge again! :cool:
10 Winter/Christmas-themed music clips this time!

This game will run differently than last time. This time I'm going to post all the clips at the same time and you will need to PM me your answers. It's like a take home test.

~ WHO CAN ENTER ~
Anyone from anywhere can enter! :hug:

~ SAMPLE MUSIC CLIP ~
Not sure if you can play this? Below is a super simple music clip.

DPF - Music Game - Sample <---- click that to hear the music clip!

Do you know the name of the song?
Do you know what movie/short/show/park/game it's from?

If you can answer the question(s) you can play! :)
If you don't know what it is you can do some research to try and find out. You have the whole internet at your fingertips!

~ PRIZES ~
This game will have 3 prizes.
1st place winner gets first pick, 2nd place gets second pick, and 3rd gets last pick.

attachment.php

Pin PD71127 / 87341: WDW - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2011 - Donald Duck
Pin PD23713 / 26892: Japan History of Art 2003 -Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)
Pin PD29067 / 33665: Disney Catalog - Jack & Sally Holiday Cloisonne Pin & Ornament Set (Ornament only!! Pin is NOT included!)

~ RULES ~
*** The rules are a bit different this time, so please read. ****

- The game will end exactly one week from the time the clips are posted. Which will be within an hour from the posting of this.

- You will PM your answers to me.

- You may submit your answers only once! Make sure you go over your answers carefully before you submit. Check for spelling too. If you made any mistakes you cannot resubmit to correct them. So again make sure you check, double-check, triple-check before submitting.

- DO NOT post the answers here in the thread! This time the answers are being PMed to me. Don't give any hints either!

- DO NOT submit a comment on SoundCloud (where the music clips are hosted) with the answer or give any hints!!
The clip will be disqualified and no one will earn any points on it. You may make vague comments like "so beautiful" or "I love this song!" I can't turn off the comment ability unless I pay for a pro account. :(

- You are allowed to research the answers.

~ F.A.Q. ~ :confused:

Q) Do I have to sign up for this?
A) No, not this time.

Q) Where is this music coming from?
A) Most of them are from animated movies. There's some from live action and the broadway musicals. Also video games, TV and the parks. Some are unused songs or demos. I tried to cover a little of everything.

Q) I know when this piece was played but I don't know the title.
A) All I can say is do some research. Do you own the soundtrack? Check the track listings. Check on Wikipedia or Amazon. Amazon has sample clips and the track title. Look on YouTube. You have the whole internet!
*** I cannot accept "that part when that guy puts the glass slipper on Cinderella" as an answer. If you take a look at the track listing on the soundtrack you will find it's on track 10 and is called "Cinderella's Slipper". That's the answer I'm looking for.

Q) What if I only know where the music came from?
A) Then you have a good starting point for research. Check track listings.

Q) Isn't looking up the answer cheating?
A) If we were all sitting in a room where I could watch you then yeah it would be. But we're on the internet and there's no way for me to enforce any "no looking up the answers" rules. Think of it as an open book test. :)

Q) How should I format my answer?
A) You can put it in a sentence. This is X from Y.
Or you can list it like this:
Source: Y
Song/Music: X
It's up to you as long as I can understand it. Make sure you number them too according to clip number:
Clip 1) Answer
Clip 2) Answer

Q) The title of the song is the same as the source, what do I do?

A) In order to get both points you have to list both. "Love Dee Doo" is from "Love Dee Doo". If you only post "Love Dee Doo" then you only get one point.

Q) WTH, this wasn't used in the movie….!
A) Ah, you must've encountered a demo, work tape or unused song.
In this case you could answer something like this:
- This is a demo of "Magic Song" from "Awesome Sparkle"
- "Sad Sad Song" is an unused song that was cut from "Tragedy"
- Source: Awesome Sparkle
Song: Magic Song (Demo)

Also keep in mind the musicals use the same songs but sound a little off or different from the original so be careful.

Q) What if there's a tie at the end?
A) I have additional music clips prepared in order to break any ties. Tie-breaker clips can only be answered by the ones who are tied. I will label it as a tie-breaker question. If there's a lot of people (10+) with the same score at the end then I may just do a drawing.

Have any other questions?
Let me know! :wavey:

LET'S ROCK!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Last edited:
Scores
1. boule (21 points) *got a bonus point for specifying March No.1 for question 8. - HoA: Mickey's Christmas Carol
2. AgentR (20 points) - Christmas Tree Donald Duck
3. Maleficent913 (18 points) +tiebreak 1+2+3 NBC Ornament

3.5. Ventchick (18 points) +tie-break 1+2
4. YoSoyAhPuch (18 points)
5. caebv (17 points)
6. bleuorchid21 (12 points)

Music Clip Links
To stop the automatic playback of the previous clip press the pause button (orange button or the little player in the upper right corner) before the clip ends. If the previous clip starts playing and you press the orange button (now a play button) it will play the current clip again and if you press it again then it will pause.

Clip 01 (Beauty and the Beast "Something There")
Clip 02
(Mickey's Christmas Carol "Oh, What a Merry Christmas Day")
Clip 03
(Disneyland "Matterhorn Yodelers - The Matterhorn Bobsleds")
Clip 04
(Bambi "Fun on the Ice")
Clip 05
(The Nightmare Before Christmas "Jack's Obsession")
Clip 06
(Frozen "Let It Go")
Clip 07
(Lady and the Tramp "Peace on Earth")
Clip 08
(Silly Symphonies, Santa's Workshop "Three Marches Militaires - March No.1")
Clip 09
(Melody Time "Once Upon a Wintertime")
Clip 10
(The Santa Clause "The Bells of Christmas")

Tie-Breaker 01 (Frozen "Vuelie")
Tie-Breaker 02 (Mulan "Avalanche" or "The Huns Attack")
Tie-Breaker 03 (Cool Runnings "Countrylypso")

HINT: Every clip has something to do with snow/Christmas/winter. The source is not necessarily a Christmas/winter movie.

Clips posted on: December 11 @ 9:30 PM EST
Submit your answers by: December 19 @ 9:30 PM EST

Last edited:
Due to the site's downtime yesterday I'm extending the deadline 24 hours.
Please have your answers submitted in by December 19th @ 9:30 pm EST.

Was doing this the other night and right as I was about to send PM the site went down aha. It's sent now though :D Thanks for doing this it was a good time!

So... we send all answers at once?

Also, can more than one person get the same question right?

Sorry if these were addressed in the OP, but for some reason, the page is only half-loaded for me.

So... we send all answers at once?

Also, can more than one person get the same question right?

Sorry if these were addressed in the OP, but for some reason, the page is only half-loaded for me.

Weird, are you viewing on your phone? Can't think of why you'd only see half the page.

To answer your questions, yes, you send all at once. And you can only do it once so quadruple-check your answers before submitting. Yes, it's possible more than person will answer the same question correctly. I'll see what the scores are at the end and depending on the amount of people who have the highest scores I'll either put up some tie-breaker questions or do a drawing.

Good luck! :)

Just posted scores for everyone who participated and all the answers!

Everyone did so well!! I'm pleased! :)
The two questions that were the most difficult were 3 and 8. So if you got those wrong don't feel too bad.

Both boule and AgentR had perfect scores but boule's answer for number 8 was more detailed, specifying that it was March No.1 out of the three marches which was used in the short so they were awarded a bonus point putting them in first place!
Congratulations to both of you! :donald:

boule make your prize selection and then PM me your mailing address.
AgentR make your selection after boule makes theirs and then PM me your mailing address.

And there is a three-way tie for third place between YoSoyAhPuch, Ventchick and Maleficent913. I will put up a tie-breaker clip for you guys tomorrow. I need to find something good.... :suspect:

Back